Help from fellow SBT'ers based in Coventry (1 Viewer)

egastap

Hey guys, I need some local help. As many of you know me reasonably well, having posted on this board since 2008, I need your help, particularly if any of you worked for, or have family or friends who worked for Dunlop Rim and Wheel in Holbrooks. I was employed there between 1964 and 1972 and as they have now ceased trading (so my info on the internet says) and I need to find out where the pension fund went to. I have contacted the British Pension Tracing Service, but have been going 'round in ever-increasing circles for the last 4 months now, not seeming to get anywhere.

For the last 30 years I've lived in Canada, so finding out where my pension (albeit a small one) has gone, is proving to be a bit difficult. I retire (officially) soon.......so if any of you know where the pension fund holder can be found that would be greatly appreciated.

PUSB

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I thought any pension fund holders worked with the DWP in order to find people who have a pension due? My missus worked for an estate agent in Cov many years ago (about 15 years?) and when she reached retirement age, she had a letter out of the blue to say she was entitled to a small private pension. It might be worth contacting the DWP over here Egastap? http://www.dwp.gov.uk/

AmyandAdamsDad

I worked on the site for a short while about 10 years ago for a company Called Trelleborg automotive. Might be worth seeing if they were Some sort of reincarnation. Good luck.

egastap

I thought any pension fund holders worked with the DWP in order to find people who have a pension due? My missus worked for an estate agent in Cov many years ago (about 15 years?) and when she reached retirement age, she had a letter out of the blue to say she was entitled to a small private pension. It might be worth contacting the DWP over here Egastap? http://www.dwp.gov.uk/

Thanks Houch...and thanks AmyandAdams Dad for your replies. The Pension Tracing Service I have already been in touch with, is part of the DWP in Newcastle. The info they gave me started me off with a letter to Fort Dunlop Goodyear in Brum. Anything pre-1985 had nothing to do with them, so they referred me to another company, who had never heard of me nor the Rim and Wheel and suggested I try another oufit. Well, got a letter from them this morning saying the same. It's now been the best part of 4 months and I'm back to square one. That's one of downsides of living away from the UK (the others being country pubs....and of course watching the SB's "live").

That's why I was hoping someone on the Forum may have, or knows someone who might have worked there (there was about 2,000 people at Dunlop back in the 60's) who could tell me where they get their cheque from. I knew it was a long shot, but I thought it worth a try....you never know!

I'm checking into Trelleborg.

Still, appreciate both your help thus far. I'll keep on writing letters to the UK in the hope that one day I'll get it resolved.

Cheers chaps......Egastap

Disorganised1

In the early 1960's I lived at The Empress Stores - opposite the Dunlop Entrance on Holbrooks Lane. I remember all the men coming in to buy batches or soup at lunchtime.

But sorry, can't help with the question.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Try getting in touch with Dutchman. He has an amazing site (forum) all about Coventry History. Usually, if you put a query up, then someone has an answer.You'll need to register, but it's free ......... http://www.historiccoventry.co.uk/ (click on the coat of arms to enter site)

Users who are viewing this thread