Heading in the right direction (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

Out of sheer boredom I had a look at how everybody in the league has faired in the last 14 games (ie the number games Robins has been able to influence - post-Carlisle). This is how it shapes up;

Brentford 29
Bournemouth 27
COVENTRY 27 (suspect our goal diff is better but showing in alphabetical order)
Doncaster 26
Sheffield United 26
MK Dons 25
Crewe 23
Crawley 22
Swindon 22
Leyton Orient 21
Stevenage 21
Tranmere 21
Oldham 20
Yeovil 20
Colchester 19
Notts C 18
Preston 18
Bury 16
Portsmouth 16
Shrewsbury 13
Scunthorpe 12 (can't believe this is the only team to beat us in about 2 mths)
Carlisle 11
Walsall 9
Hartlepool 3

If teams continued with this form for the remaining 24 games, when added to the points gained in the first 8, the table would look like this;

Brentford 91
Doncaster 85
Sheff U 85
MK Dons 82
Bournemouth 81
Tranmere 77
COVENTRY 76
Swindon 74
Crawley 73
Stevenage 73
Crewe 72
Leyton Orient 67
Notts C 66
Yeovil 64
Oldham 60
Preston 60
Colchester 56
Bury 46
Shrewsbury 44
Carlisle 42
Scunthorpe 41
Portsmouth 38 (inc minus 10)
Walsall 38
Hartlepool 14

What does this prove? Nothing really. Other than it shows we will be there or thereabouts if we continue in this vain.

Tranmere had 17 points more than us after 8 games. Thanks Mssrs Thorn/Shaw.

Also, our record against the 5 sides immediately above 'pool and Walsall in my forecast table is played 5, Points 2. How much will we pay for that return at the end of the season?

covcity4life

interesting post

my predictor has us finish 5th, we got into playoff smarch 16th and up until 3 games to go we had chance of auto

so far we are actually doing better than my predictor:p(i had us to lose to donny,draw styevenage and lose mk dons) so if we get anything from those 2 and beat preston it will be a big bonus)

Mucca Mad Boys

Brentford won't win it, I feel we're better than Donny, about the same with Sheff U, if we keep McG, I say we'll beat them at Bramell Lane. League is there for the taking, time is to start turning loses into draws/wins (v Walsall, but it's Walsall!) and turning draw into wins, and not letting go of leads (which we have done tbf)

Covstu

i have sheff utd to win the league and us to finish 4th. Donny to finish 2nd at the moment...

Users who are viewing this thread