Head or Heart? (1 Viewer)

As we come into the last 10 games, I find myself whether to follow my head or heart.

My head says that we can give an escape from relegation a decent shot, but will ultimately fall short due to the atrocious away record. Even if we win the 4 home games (unlikely due to the pressure the away form puts on these games) we still have to get a good few points away from home, something we have failed to do since October. These next two games, being away from home will decide whether we stay up or go down I feel. For example, if we win against Watford and lose against Cardiff and Bristol City only get a point from their respective games if would leave us only 2 points behind with 4 home games and a game against Bristol City. We could then win 3 home games and lose 1 and beat Bristol City (12pts from 8) - a tally that COULD keep us up. However, if we lose both games (as the current away record suggest) and Bristol City get a draw in one of the games we will be 5 points adrift. If this (or worse) is the case I think it is goodbye Championship, hello league 1 unfortunately. If we beat Watford I can see us beating Bristol City, something we simply HAVE to do if we are going to survive.

My heart says we'll win tomorrow and the Great Escape will be on... unsure whether this is just hopeful thinking.

PUSB!

scroobiustom

If you believe in your heart that we are down, you have no business supporting Coventry end of.

georgehudson

IF any of the players/club officials/mystery owners, read this site, then there should be the most tumultuous effort tomorrow, and as such show WE are CCFC,
PUSB

EleanorRigby

BUT we are the worst team in the division, none with the exception of Keogh (and i'm not including the 2 loanees) would get into any other championship team

Macca

Problem with the staying up scenario is that it means us transforming into a side that wins most it games, contrary to everything that's gone before

Otis

I would take another year of struggle in the Championship over a year of struggle in League One.

Looks like it's going to be one or t'other.

Lord_Nampil

i think next year could be very different as long as we get all the off field problems sorted,

its the constant inconstancy that's ruined this season as well as all the mismanagement off the field. Away from home iv been to 8 (today will be my 9th) and i have seen bad performances as well as alright performances but never a solid performance and that's whats annoying about this season! If we had been solid away from home right from the off, we would not be in the bottom 3 !

Season ticket has been renewed and i will always look forward to a game on a Saturday!

@richh87

Strangely, my heart says we're going down - I've thought that since SISU let us down in the summer. However my head says look at the fixtures we've got - we're only 4 points off.

Covstu

Head says we are down, my heart is undecided at the moment but I think it is following g suit!

torchomatic

Heart. Until head says its not possible.

I'm not saying we will win today, but I don't think we will lose. A draw at least.

Sky Blue Sheepy

My heart always thinks we'll snatch that away win today. My head thinks we're going to have our arses handed to us. That said, I've never listened to my head until after a match so its a win today for me

Grendel

If you believe in your heart that we are down, you have no business supporting Coventry end of.

Why? If the statistics suggest relegation that's what is the likely outcome. No one wants it but that doesn't mean it wont happen.

Otis

My heart says relegation. Doesn't mean I don't want it to say we'll be okay mind.

Brighton Sky Blue

If we lose and Brizzle win I'd say we've had it. Any other outcomes and we're either hanging on or a point or 2 behind.

Otis

Agree.

Can only imagine what frame of mind we will be going into the Cardiff game in if Bristol win and we lose.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Have to get a result today. But don't think we will. Forest have pulled away and have a bit of a cushion now. I fancy Donny beating Derby and the other teams around the bottom have win-able games too. Could go either way... If we don't improve I wouldn't be surprised if we finished rock bottom! But at the same time if we do well at home AND we get a lot of results go our way then we might stay up. But that is one big ask for lady luck.

To Watford! Full steam ahead with our sky blue tinted vision!

AFCCOVENTRY

Ever since the pre-season where out best players all left and we signed no outfield players it was obvious this was going to be a tough season.

We have been in the relegation zone since October. The league table doesn't lie and we deserve to go down.

There isn't a strong mentality in the team to get our of this. We don't have anything special.

Of course i would like to think we could do it... but we can't.

Of course until it isn't mathematically possible then there is some hope.

But it is just hope...

Otis

We don't have a strong mentality and we don't have a strong squad.

Still loks like relegation to me.

Users who are viewing this thread