Having read the threads about admin (1 Viewer)

derbyskyblue

etc etc. If sisu keep witholding the rent, how long have we feasibly got before the council really start getting tough?
Talks seem to have stalled, hoffman is god knows where, so we have this situation now and for the foreseeable future as far as i can see.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
what happens tho if sisu dont pay up do we end up playing in neutons ground to suit our attendances for league 1 :D

dongonzalos

If SISU cant get half the stadium and then say they have to cut costs to get to break even point.

Then to me that IMO would lead to relegation and league 2 I appreciate, this is just my opinion.

People have said on here the punishment for liquidation will be a drop of 2 divisions. Others have said league two will be the furthest drop due to the size of the club.

Would liquidation mean that if someone comes in forms a new club and buys the charity's half share of the stadium

Would they have a new football club in league 2 no debts. No players just a team name and half the Ricoh ~(if the council were happy to do business with them)

If we were given that 2 division drop would it be the same scenario as above but we are in the conference.

If all of that above is correct and you are faced with 2 choices

1) SISU attempt to get the club to break even point to sell it.
The break even point is the point at which a club with only ticket sales as a income matches that with its expenditure. With gates I would guess of 10k on a good day. relegation I think would be an cert. Then SISU need to find a buyer for the club as that is all they will be selling

2) Liquidation. Gamble on a new owner having a chat with Charity and Council. Then they start a new club buy half the Ricoh and buy a new team I imagine resigning most of the kids that have been made redundant. The new team is either in League 2 or the conference.

The gamb'e is will there be a new buyer.

Personally I think there would be

Am I right is the above the situation we are facing if SISU cant do a deal?

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

SISU can put the club into liquidation any time they wish-as can ARVO. ARVO's debenture grants them all the assets in such an event, and the proceedings from that would likely pass directly onto the investors into the ARVO fund. SISU desperately want to recoup their investment and are fiercely clinging to it, which means that either some third party needs to hand it over (no consortia forthcoming or stupid enough to do so), or to use the Ricoh as a vehicle to get it since the club's a write off in its current state. Failure to achieve either, and liquidation, securing a few million for ARVO, is their best course of action-the club is basically being run as though it's in administration so placing the club in that state would practically not achieve anything.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If a council tax payer didn't pay their council tax for 3 months straight, I'm pretty sure the council would have commenced a recovery procedure by now! So why won't they do this to force the clubs hand?

Oh, and Hoffman won't appear again until the transfer window opens. That way he can come out in the press's again giving fans false hope about a take over, and make promises he cannot commit to!

Senior Vick from Alicante

I cant see liquidation being an option for SISU or ARVO. The only way they can recoup any of their investment, which I do not believe is anywhere near what they are saying, is by selling or achieving promotion. As we are under a transfer embargo with less players than last season the second option, unless you believe in miracles wont happen so DONGONZALOS the only way I can see them leaving is through a sale. The club on paper on its own as we have all said is not an attractive option unless the stadium and all its income are included. SISU are desperately trying to get the stadium income on their terms to make that sale a more attractive package for any one who is interested. Our current owners can not afford to let the club slip any further as it is an integral part of the franchise, to use the American term. If Sisu remain in charge they can only attract investment or buyers in the states if their is a team with their franchise, no team and its just a building at the end of the day. We are in the end game but it is going to be protracted, SISU have a track record for hard bargaining but their up against British law in their negotiations with the Higgs and the Council, and its not a battle they can win. They have had their hands burnt big style on this investment and are in a corner having to fight off the back foot, they can not extracate themselves from this with out more financial pain as their is a set formulae that they have to use when disscusing the purchase of the Ricoh. For me the crux of it will come down to wether the financial pain of purchasing the Ground share to make us more saleable is worth the return you would get for the club on its own or as a package. I just hope Joy Sepalla can accept defeat and move on without throwing her teddies out the pram, sometimes you do loose in business. Their will be other buyers out their that are willing to buy the Higgs charity out and see it as a long term investment now it is common knowledge they want to sell, its accepted that the clubs future has to be safe guarded in these negotiations. If any person wants both parts SISU unfortunately dont have to sell theirs, that for me is going to be the deal breaker!!! PUSB

dongonzalos

Good post, well thought out.

I think if joy walks away her job at SISU will be gone aswell.
She needs to come out with something from this, so she can say look since I got personally hands on I have achieved a b c
You were due to lose this, now you are only losing this.

Question is how does she do it?

AFCCOVENTRY

Interesting thing is that why should we pay rent for a football stadium where there will be no football played for about 3 months in pre-season?

TheRoyalScam

Interesting thing is that why should we pay rent for a football stadium where there will be no football played for about 3 months in pre-season?

For the same reason that you pay rent on any property while you're away on holiday, or away on business for example.

TheRoyalScam

Good post, well thought out.

I think if joy walks away her job at SISU will be gone aswell.
She needs to come out with something from this, so she can say look since I got personally hands on I have achieved a b c
You were due to lose this, now you are only losing this.

Question is how does she do it?

Job?? She's the main shareholder in SISU.

TheRoyalScam

If a council tax payer didn't pay their council tax for 3 months straight, I'm pretty sure the council would have commenced a recovery procedure by now! So why won't they do this to force the clubs hand?

Oh, and Hoffman won't appear again until the transfer window opens. That way he can come out in the press's again giving fans false hope about a take over, and make promises he cannot commit to!

The rent is due to ACL, not the council.

dongonzalos

Dermot Coleman is co founder partner and director. She can be ousted

A lot rests on this one for her as she has taken personal ownership of the issue to come in and save the day.
She is not going to walk away without been able to say she has done something.

Otherwise who will invest in SISU in the future.
If she messes this up and SISU are to survive as a company. It will need to blame her and get rid, so people will still invest in SISU. She will either have to be bought out, ousted, step down with big pay off. Or the most ironic of which SISU get dissolved :)

TheRoyalScam

Dermot Coleman is co founder partner and director. She can be ousted

A lot rests on this one for her as she has taken personal ownership of the issue to come in and save the day.
She is not going to walk away without been able to say she has done something.

Otherwise who will invest in SISU in the future.
If she messes this up and SISU are to survive as a company. It will need to blame her and get rid, so people will still invest in SISU. She will either have to be bought out, ousted, step down with big pay off. Or the most ironic of which SISU get dissolved :)

I honestly wish you were right, my friend!

Loughborough Sky Blue

I cant see liquidation being an option for SISU or ARVO. The only way they can recoup any of their investment, which I do not believe is anywhere near what they are saying, is by selling or achieving promotion. As we are under a transfer embargo with less players than last season the second option, unless you believe in miracles wont happen so DONGONZALOS the only way I can see them leaving is through a sale. The club on paper on its own as we have all said is not an attractive option unless the stadium and all its income are included. SISU are desperately trying to get the stadium income on their terms to make that sale a more attractive package for any one who is interested. Our current owners can not afford to let the club slip any further as it is an integral part of the franchise, to use the American term. If Sisu remain in charge they can only attract investment or buyers in the states if their is a team with their franchise, no team and its just a building at the end of the day. We are in the end game but it is going to be protracted, SISU have a track record for hard bargaining but their up against British law in their negotiations with the Higgs and the Council, and its not a battle they can win. They have had their hands burnt big style on this investment and are in a corner having to fight off the back foot, they can not extracate themselves from this with out more financial pain as their is a set formulae that they have to use when disscusing the purchase of the Ricoh. For me the crux of it will come down to wether the financial pain of purchasing the Ground share to make us more saleable is worth the return you would get for the club on its own or as a package. I just hope Joy Sepalla can accept defeat and move on without throwing her teddies out the pram, sometimes you do loose in business. Their will be other buyers out their that are willing to buy the Higgs charity out and see it as a long term investment now it is common knowledge they want to sell, its accepted that the clubs future has to be safe guarded in these negotiations. If any person wants both parts SISU unfortunately dont have to sell theirs, that for me is going to be the deal breaker!!! PUSB

(lack of) Paragraphs and spelling aside, good post.

torchomatic

Ah yes, another liquidation supporter.

Users who are viewing this thread