Haven't seen anything about the rent (1 Viewer)

hamil99

Facebook User
I'm quietly shitting my pants. As for the out come.... With all the ups and dwns we have been through, the lies and false promises, I believe no body bloody knows what's going on. I know I haven't got a clue.

dongonzalos

If I was ACL, I would effectively call SISU out, with the help of the council.

SISU have said they are in it for the long run.
They want the club to become a community centred club.
They want to get back to the premiership.
They want to invest in the team as they learnt what happens if you don't.
They want the club to be fanancially sustainable.
They want full ownership of the Ricoh one day.

SISU argue a lot of this will come via rent reduction and eventual ownership of food rights the shares etc..

I hope SISU are telling the truth to all of the above if they are sincere then it is hard to put a case forward why in the long term it would be bad for SISU ( CCFC) to own the Ricoh.

The way I see it, a massive stumbling block is trust.

The council want to see investment in the squad, community projects and regeneration in the area.

So both sides have similar objectives.

Higgs and the council have both said they should not be the long term owners of the Ricoh.

So they should put together a long term contract.

At various stages as SISU reach the objectives that are set they get a percentage of stadium ownership at a pre agreed discounted rate.

Stu suggested that this may encourage them to spend what they don't have. So one of the objectives should be financial stability.

As they get more and more ownership of the stadium, the rent will also naturally come down from the 400k mark.

SISU get to earn the fans and councils trust.

The club get the community projects and funding in the team SISU are promising anyway.

SISU have assurances that eventually they will get outright ownership of the Ricoh. So they know they are not wasting their time.

In theory everybody gets what they want.

Is this possible. If not why not.

If possible sensible financial explanations please.

Last edited:

Grendel

Why on earth woul the council want to see investment in the squad?

dongonzalos

They have stated previously and joy has stated recently she has kept her end of the bargain by doing it.
Rhetoric from both sides. Get them to put their money where their mouths are and sign a formal agreement.

If such an agreement was in place last summer I would actually say SISU would have earnt a percentage of the stadium already for signing 16 players and making us competitive.

dongonzalos

"There are huge obstacles to the way forward and some potential show stoppers which are not neccessarily in the Council's control.
"We will want to make certain any additional revenue that may be generated through the Ricoh Arena primarily goes into the football club, not to pay off SISU's investors. We want some investors in the football club.
"I want to see the colour of their money. "There is talk of a deal being incremental I said I want back to back contracts - they can't buy into the Ricoh on the promise of something in the future. We need to protect taxpayers property and money.
"The implications of what SISU are saying leads me to believe finance is available. How much remains to be seen.
"If they want to buy out the exisiting loans (£15M mortgage to Yorkshire Bank) and the Higgs Charity shares (previously estimated at £10m based on a formula), there needs to be finance available as well as for the football club and regeneration.
"Whilst I have seen a number of options I haven't seen a firm business case which shows adequate levels of resources will go into the football club to make it competitive next season."

Sky Blue Pete

They have stated previously and joy has stated recently she has kept her end of the bargain by doing it.
Rhetoric from both sides. Get them to put their money where their mouths are and sign a formal agreement.

If such an agreement was in place last summer I would actually say SISU would have earnt a percentage of the stadium already for signing 16 players and making us competitive.

Interesting take!

Grendel

The football clubs "investment" has zero to do with the council. The initial rental arrangement shows all they have seen the club as is a way to finance their project.

I'd rather trust sisu than a milkman and his cronies.

dongonzalos

To match the positive feel on the pitch I am also searching for common sense changes behind the scenes to ensure I can continue to fulfil the promises I gave to the Council, back in the summer of 2012, that were based on my commitment to deliver three key points:

1) On-going funding for a strong performing first team

2) Funding a Category 2 Academy under the new Elite Player Performance Plan to protect our excellent reputation in youth development

3) Develop stronger links with the community.

I strongly believe I have delivered on all the above requests from Coventry City Council and held up my side of the bargain. Now what I am hoping for, as we approach the end of the year and move in to 2013, is that we can reach agreement on the level of rent CCFC are asked to pay to enable us to continue to play at The Ricoh Arena.

dongonzalos

The football clubs "investment" has zero to do with the club. The initial rental arrangement shows all they have seen the club as is a way to finance their project.

I'd rather trust sisu than a milkman and his cronies.

Joy seems to think they have a bargain. The council were saying that's what they wanted to see.

So why not formalise it instead of propaganda rhetoric.

You will be still putting your faith in SISU as they will doing what you want them to and gradually get the stadium bit by bit in return at cost price.

The stadium is just and insurance policy if you like for the fans and the council and an incentive for SISU

wingy

If I was ACL, I would effectively call SISU out, with the help of the council.

SISU have said they are in it for the long run.
They want the club to become a community centred club.
They want to get back to the premiership.
They want to invest in the team as they learnt what happens if you don't.
They want the club to be fanancially sustainable.
They want full ownership of the Ricoh one day.

SISU argue a lot of this will come via rent reduction and eventual ownership of food rights the shares etc..

I hope SISU are telling the truth to all of the above if they are sincere then it is hard to put a case forward why in the long term it would be bad for SISU ( CCFC) to own the Ricoh.

The way I see it, a massive stumbling block is trust.

The council want to see investment in the squad, community projects and regeneration in the area.

So both sides have similar objectives.

Higgs and the council have both said they should not be the long term owners of the Ricoh.

So they should put together a long term contract.

At various stages as SISU reach the objectives that are set they get a percentage of stadium ownership at a pre agreed discounted rate.

Stu suggested that this may encourage them to spend what they don't have. So one of the objectives should be financial stability.

As they get more and more ownership of the stadium, the rent will also naturally come down from the 400k mark.

SISU get to earn the fans and councils trust.

The club get the community projects and funding in the team SISU are promising anyway.

SISU have assurances that eventually they will get outright ownership of the Ricoh. So they know they are not wasting their time.

In theory everybody gets what they want.

Is this possible. If not why not.

If possible sensible financial explanations please.
I like it Don ,can't see any argument that could deny this as a fair trustworthy approach from all parties ,whilst protecting the silent majority ,the fans ,you may have a future in the Mediation /arbitration sector .
We'll call it "The Roadmap",hope it does'nt take as long as the one for the Middle east though .:thinking about::p

dongonzalos

Want OSB to have a look at it.
I am sure he will spot some financial regulations that could scupper its legality.

Some of the characters involved in this remind me of the Middle East
Especially the ones behind the scenes that nobody knows who they are :) !

Last edited:

covcity4life

i feel sisu will be forced to back robins because of these promises to the council,which is a good thing

however will council alllow them time to do that?

need rent agreed asap

Users who are viewing this thread