Have Sky, Times, Guardian, BBC been informed of the march? (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Have the big media outlets been informed and attending the march this weekend?

Last year unfortunately there was very poor coverage.

RoboCCFC90

Ashbyjan's quote on another thread:

Just heard that Central will be sending camera crew and reporter down to cover the march. We are lobbying Sky and hopefully they and BBC will do likewise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingokings204

In a nutshell - Yes- otherwise who is going to see what we are doing on Saturday apart from people in town shopping on the day???

Well yes I agree but the only ones who can bring us home are sisu and in particular Joy seppala. If she doesn't want to then forget it.

Don't get me wrong the march is great for Coventry pride and support but I just think it misleads some into thinking it will make a difference to bringing us home.

AFCCOVENTRY

I think it's very important this march gets national coverage so that more people are aware and it gives bad publicity to sisu and Joy Seppala. Great if central news is there but we want everyone to know we are making a stand.

John_Silletts_Nose

It seems crazy to plan a "march" on 12th July and expect large national media coverage.

There will be many more marches on 12th July which always hit the news and usually nationally due to the troubles that occur during or after the marches.

The Twelfth is Orange Order Day to celebrate the Battle of the Boyne, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twelfth

Bad timing.

joemercersaces

I'll tell you what the March achieves. It denies SISU the opportunity to insinuate that they are acting in the best interests of Coventry City Football Club. That's the line they would love to peddle. If several thousand supporters attended Sixfields they would break the land speed record getting to phones to tell the world that the supporters were with them. Everything that shows the world that the vast, vast majority of supporters are anything but nails this lie.

There is also the risk that the outside world sees low attendances as a sign of apathy, possibly linked to poor performances and lowly league status. Events such as this remind people that our club has been taken hostage by a bunch of vile, scheming, money-grabbing capitalists. Events like this make it harder for the Football League to pretend that they are not grossly abdicating their responsibility to football at large.

kg82

Well yes I agree but the only ones who can bring us home are sisu and in particular Joy seppala. If she doesn't want to then forget it.

Don't get me wrong the march is great for Coventry pride and support but I just think it misleads some into thinking it will make a difference to bringing us home.

Well, the more national coverage it gets, the more of a bad reputation SISU get (seriously, how do people still spell SISU wrong?), the more pressure they (in theory) feel.

shmmeee

Well, the more national coverage it gets, the more of a bad reputation SISU get (seriously, how do people still spell SISU wrong?), the more pressure they (in theory) feel.

It's not about Sisu, they're impervious to public pressure. The FL on the other hand...

RoboCCFC90

Just been confirmed that bbc and sky are sending tv crews

Awesome Ashbyjan, a big well done to the Sky Blue Trust, the Sky Blue Army really needs to show it's passion Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Jack Griffin

I'll tell you what the March achieves. It denies SISU the opportunity to insinuate that they are acting in the best interests of Coventry City Football Club. That's the line they would love to peddle. If several thousand supporters attended Sixfields they would break the land speed record getting to phones to tell the world that the supporters were with them. Everything that shows the world that the vast, vast majority of supporters are anything but nails this lie.

There is also the risk that the outside world sees low attendances as a sign of apathy, possibly linked to poor performances and lowly league status. Events such as this remind people that our club has been taken hostage by a bunch of vile, scheming, money-grabbing capitalists. Events like this make it harder for the Football League to pretend that they are not grossly abdicating their responsibility to football at large.

Brilliantly put..

Skyblueweeman

Totally agree...the more pressure on SUIS the better. Bang on kg82, bang on...

WM

LB87ccfc

Looking forward to Timmy watching on Sky laughing his balls off as Sky give us 2 minutes coverage at 11pm tomorrow night and everyone within the Football world says .. hmm I remember those guys, ah well never mind...

All being done to highlight SISU the c units I get that, just all being done in the wrong place ... Need more pressure on the FL to use their full force to bring us back.

Users who are viewing this thread