Haters (1 Viewer)

skyblueprincess

Ok so the Coleman HATERS are out in force, all over face book and the ccfc page there ... Well my view is we have done a hell of allot better while Coleman has been manager , we have played some good football this season , and we have also played some poor football... BUT that does not mean they should be chanting for Coleman to leave... When we are winning COLEMAN IS OUR KING !! we lose because of the play of the players and they want him gone.. im kinda fed up with it now , the man deserves a chance , i should hope he is doing the best he can do... After all it is about the players too right ? they have to have passion and fight ... seems they are the ones lacking it not Coleman

So for the fickle Cov fans .... we are the army , we should stand together , have hope together and sing together !!!

OK rant over lol

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Well said Vicki, despite us dropping down I'm still 100% behind Coleman. I'm going to put most of the blame on the players on this one, Coleman has carried on setting the team up as he did when we were flying high when everyone hailed him our "King". I think both the fans and players were left too deflated after the Cardiff game when there were still a lot of points to be won, especially if you consider Leicester's form before Monday. I don't want to blame the officials too much but we haven't had our rub of the green at all this season with them, the only decisions we've had for us are ones to cancel out bad decisions that have already gone against us (ie Leicester's "goal" cancelled out by our goal potentially being offside but that's another debate) there was the goal we scored at Sheff Weds away that wasn't given, then in the same game the lino over-ruled the referee to turn our penalty appeals away. Against Bristol at home we should have been cruising and 2-0 up but lino wrongly flags for offside against Morrison and Maynard scores an absoloute rocket after handling the ball at least twice in the build up. Then you've got Cardiff winning a penalty in the last minute which clearly wasn't and then us being denied a blatant pen straight after. Then you've got Leicesters goal at the crisp bowl and Hussey's goal being ruled out against Derby. A lot of points dropped there my friends.

Also I couldn't think of a worse time to sack Coleman. It's now 100% his team, let's see what they can do next season when they have gelled. If we get rid now then a new man will come in with new ideas, offload players and bring new ones in and I can guarantee you now we will be no better off for it. Let's just see what Coleman's team can do next season I say.

We are Coventry City in the Championship and since being here we have been a mid-table team at best I think people need to lower expectations before we can push on. Our problem is that every fan wants the play-offs from the word go at the start of the season and it's too much pressure. Blackpool are flying because even in the position they are in their fans still seem quite modest and realistic and are just enjoying it whereas when we were up there we lose 1 game and everyone panics and then we end up going on these bad runs.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
That's the difference between us and Blackpool when we were up there. We were more like it's about facking time we got here now we best not mess it up so when we do lose (and it was an unfortunate loss to Cardiff) it's all gone down the toilet again whereas Blackpool fans are more in the mindset of 'Well if we lose and don't quite make the play-offs it's still been a fantastic season and we didn't expect to be here anyway'

I'm not looking forward to the Preston game that much because if we don't get anything at Sheff U this week I'm expecting the 'We want Coleman out' chanting to start at the Preston home game. I remember hearing a few people singing that when we played Newcastle at home and it didn't feel nice.. although saying that when we were 8th the same people were singing Chris Coleman's Sky Blue Army; Coleman giz a wave; E-I E-I E-I O Up the football league we go ... Coleman is our King etc - but there you go!

skyblueprincess

they did the same thing last season with Leon Best .... i remember a game when every time he touched the ball .... It really got my back up ... because when he was on form they were wearing his mask ... they were all in ore of Leon best !!!!

We as the 12th member of the team should always behind our players not matter how bad they are doing , i think cheering them on would give more desire for them to do well than booing them the same goes for Coleman !!!

Coventry La La La

the 606 users, facebook users need to have a look at this thread... i can't see Ranson sacking Coleman but the negativity from most fans needs to change we are now a championship side that is re-building under a young talented manager. I will be very dissapointed to hear "Coleman out" chants but that would be expected with the way most fans expect the team to steam-role the championship its a very odd league with poor officials and the only way out is to be stable and build a squad. More teams are going to be facing fanancial problems and im glad CCFC isn't one of them :)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Im behind colemen 100% you can see he is getting there slowly but surely and for the first time since we went down hes the only manager to get us that close to the play offs at this time in the season hopefully we will make it next year.

Nick

Administrator
It does my head in after a couple of bad runs people start trying to get the manager sacked, they are probably the same people who boo the players like Leon Best and the same people who went and bought the masks when he was on form.

I think I am the same as most people in that even if we went down to League 2 I would still support them as they are my home team.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Any supporter thats stops supporting there club because they get relagated or go on a bad run is not a football supporter or fan at all.

Mach1na

As I've just found this site I best say hello! There are a couple of things I would like to add to this thread:

1) Ricoh Atmosphere - Since I've been going to the Ricoh the atmosphere has completely died and I do not think that it is just down to the team performances. One of the big contributing factors appears to be this rivalry/animosity between the fans in the CET and the Block 15 fans. They never sing together and apart they don't really make much noise. Why is this?

2) RR/CC - Whilst I've been backing RR/CC I've never believed that CC would ever take us anywhere beyond mid table but Ranson has my full backing for the way he's running the club. Lots of people want lots of money spent but who are you going to get to invest in a club with no stadium? Who got us in this position? What was his name? Richardson? :p

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Im new to this aswell and this is my first post.I for one am backing Ray Ranson and what he is trying to do for our club.Apparantley now we dont carry any debt,not bad considering what bad condition we where in before he came in.Then we come to Coleman.I for one will never boo a manager/player etc.But deep down i now find myself asking how much longer.People say you need to give managers time but Coleman has now had well over 2years.We realy need to start progressing soon,fingers crossed!

skyblueprincess

As I've just found this site I best say hello! There are a couple of things I would like to add to this thread:

1) Ricoh Atmosphere - Since I've been going to the Ricoh the atmosphere has completely died and I do not think that it is just down to the team performances. One of the big contributing factors appears to be this rivalry/animosity between the fans in the CET and the Block 15 fans. They never sing together and apart they don't really make much noise. Why is this?

2) RR/CC - Whilst I've been backing RR/CC I've never believed that CC would ever take us anywhere beyond mid table but Ranson has my full backing for the way he's running the club. Lots of people want lots of money spent but who are you going to get to invest in a club with no stadium? Who got us in this position? What was his name? Richardson? :p

What killed the atmosphere in the richo in my eyes when they closed the corner blocks.. I have been to a number of grounds and yes the richo lacks the atmosphere they do and in my eyes that because you need a megaphone to have the banter with the away fans .. they may as well be in a different stadium, as much as i enjoy football for the game i enjoy it because of the banter between home and away fans, in the richo its gone, I am season ticket holder in block 15 and for some reason .. there seems to be a reputation linked to that block, I cant see why , sometimes it is the only block that sings , the only block that keeps the small amount of atmosphere we have alive.. ..

As for Chris Coleman .. i believe he will given the chance take us higher than mid table, We just have to believe in him , he has my backing for whats thats worth

And by the way HELLO ... Welcome to Sky blue talk

Badgerdan

I like CC and yes we're having a bad run but do blame the players themselves. CCFC is not a glamorous club and when the players get towards the end of the season they just think about saving themselves for the holidays; I'm sure an injury of some kind can effect their enjoyment.

Chris has been honest (imo) and we've always been a club with little or no money to play with and Chris has tried to work from the back up to build a team and he's done most of it hasn't he? Who's got the best goalkeeper in the league? (maybe not for long I know) If we keep out best players and start the season off with a strongish line-up then I'm sure we'll do well as Ray will give Chris a bit more money to spend and strengthen up that front.

Ray has done a great job here, just look at where we were up til those dying seconds before he took over. We don't have debts like we did and CC has been given a little bit of money to play with.

We all knew that it was going to be a long hard struggle to have a chance at the premiership and although the games aren't that great all in all we are making a step in the right direction along that long hard road.

Sacking CC will only put us back quite a few steps again and we'll have to start all over again; that's never helped us has it? How about we do something different and keep a manager for a long while, really give them a chance to get us through the bad times while still building.
Rome wasn't built in a day and Cov going to the top flight will be an even harder job but we need to be there with that support

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Vicki - I don't think it's necessarily closing the corners off thats dampened the atmosphere because fans are closer together intsead of being spread out - as a fellow Block 15 ST Holder surely you can see the state of the telegraph stand! Imagine if that corner next to it was open, they would be even more spread out. I think what they need to do is move the away fans away from the Telent Stand and Closer to Block 15 so we can actually hear eachother and have some banter. I love going to away games when you can actually the see opposite fans faces when you score against them. But for stewarding and policing etc I can't see them moving them over nearer to us :(

Badger - Well said, our problem is is that our fans have been expecting top 6 for the past 9 seasons and it's time to realise our club is mid-table at best and we won't improve until fans accept that and get behind the team. I can't believe the people on the official Coventry page saying sack Coleman :confused: Yes, lets sack him with 3 games to go and Jose Mourinho will walk through the door the next day... All that would happen now would be Steve Harrison would take temporary charge until May and it will be the same old story next season until they call for the next guys head after saying how great he is when we are top of the league after the first 2 games. We'd also lose a lot of money and resources in the process by paying Coleman and his staff off and then going around finding the next bloke, time and money we don't have. Idiots!!

Skybluesy

Unless the club and Coleman radically changes its attitude to scoring goals we will always suffer from mid to lower table mediocrity. And here we are again on another poor run - no win in 8 games and only scoring 5 goals whilst conceding 12. I dont want another season of this.

skyblueprincess

Unless the club and Coleman radically changes its attitude to scoring goals we will always suffer from mid to lower table mediocrity. And here we are again on another poor run - no win in 8 games and only scoring 5 goals whilst conceding 12. I dont want another season of this.

Well maybe the players need the Passion back they played with at times during this season .. Its not all down to Coleman, they have to want it too

Coleman will prove his worth at Coventry City , He just needs to be given the chance

Skybluerhys

A couple of bad runs
I can name 3 bad runs in last 18 months, End of 08/09 season didnt win in last 3 months! , Didnt win 09/10 betwen september and start of Decmeber and now we havent won in 9 games

The players or manager do not have the passion for our club, they always seem lack lusture even at best, Never try and never do it for the fans. Coleman is Tactical crap!, plays 4-5-1 at home :S , put a CB upfornt in 1 game, Scared to give jeffers ago with nothing left to play for.

Coleman had 2 seasons and we havent improved 1 tiny bit, all he done is make our team look better on paper not on the pitch!

Least we won more under Dowie and Adams and we wasnt scared to score more than 1 in a game!

skyblueprincess

Funny that coz i am sure he played 4-5-1 when we were winning and singing from the stands that he is the king ... But true to fickle cov fan form soon started chanting for him out!!

But each to their own .. Myself personally , Coleman is our king and he will do us right , that good team you talk about on paper will be shown on that pitch

And bet ya a fiver they be calling him King Coleman again before long !!!!!!

Skybluerhys

Funny that coz i am sure he played 4-5-1 when we were winning and singing from the stands that he is the king ... But true to fickle cov fan form soon started chanting for him out!!

But each to their own .. Myself personally , Coleman is our king and he will do us right , that good team you talk about on paper will be shown on that pitch

And bet ya a fiver they be calling him King Coleman again before long !!!!!!

I will take you up on the fiver :)

ALso i have never called him king !

Im sure it was 4-3-3 when were winning at start of season, also didnt last long as that formation only won us 2 games!

That team on paper will never be shown on the pitch because they never try
You have slow wright, Backwards Bell,Sideways Sammy, Moaning Morrison, CBA eastwood. and Donkey Barnett!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

I dont think 4-5-1 is a negative formation.It quickly turns into a 4-3-3 or 4-2-4 when attacking.4-4-2 is becoming a thing of the past,bet theres only 2 or 3 teams in the prem who play it.Look at the top 3 in prem,Barca,Real they all play 4-5-1,and my sunday morning pub team won the league playing it.

Skybluerhys

I dont think 4-5-1 is a negative formation.It quickly turns into a 4-3-3 or 4-2-4 when attacking.4-4-2 is becoming a thing of the past,bet theres only 2 or 3 teams in the prem who play it.Look at the top 3 in prem,Barca,Real they all play 4-5-1,and my sunday morning pub team won the league playing it.

I will tell you the problemwith cov playing 4-5-1, our players dont bust a gut to get forward and offer support to the lone striker, When was the lat time you saw a midfielder take a long distnace shot from open play?

Were not good enough for 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 and we dont have the right players to play it and the manager uses the wrong type of tactics for it

Skybluerhys

fair point

I would be more of a Coleman fan if he got his players to work harder and play with passion.

He said after the game on saturday to PNE, that the players worked hard and huffed and puffed. If thats the case thenwe are truley screwed!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
OK, 1 or 2 players are not going to take us forward but I think you're being overly harsh in slating Clingan, Morrison, Barnett and Eastwood. Tell you what next time Eastwood scores don't bother cheering - fuck off and go and watch Man U on tele instead like everyone else. You can go and moan about Rooney having an off day then or how Alex Ferguson puts every man in the box to defend a corner.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I just think he needs to sack Wright off, he is the weak link in that defence other than Barnett on occasions!

Crainie played for England Under 21's and played well at Right Back. Why put him at Left Back?

Wright is captain which means he won't be dropped. He should make Westwood captain.

skyblueprincess

OK, 1 or 2 players are not going to take us forward but I think you're being overly harsh in slating Clingan, Morrison, Barnett and Eastwood. Tell you what not time Eastwood scores don't bother cheering - fuck off and go and watch Man U on tele instead like everyone else. You can go and moan about Rooney having an off day then or how Alex Ferguson puts every man in the box to defend a corner.

i second that

Skybluerhys

OK, 1 or 2 players are not going to take us forward but I think you're being overly harsh in slating Clingan, Morrison, Barnett and Eastwood. Tell you what next time Eastwood scores don't bother cheering - fuck off and go and watch Man U on tele instead like everyone else. You can go and moan about Rooney having an off day then or how Alex Ferguson puts every man in the box to defend a corner.

Ermm NO, im just as passionate about cov as you are and your opinion is different. But the majority of cov fans know that Barnett is useless, Morrisons does nothing else but moan. I havent slated indviduals either i slated the whole team!

skyblueprincess

Im sure it was 4-3-3 when were winning at start of season, also didnt last long as that formation only won us 2 games!

You have slow wright, Backwards Bell,Sideways Sammy, Moaning Morrison, CBA eastwood. and Donkey Barnett!

Geez your a ray of sunshine ... lol

You ever sang the sky blue song !!!!!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Ermm NO, im just as passionate about cov as you are and your opinion is different. But the majority of cov fans know that Barnett is useless, Morrisons does nothing else but moan. I havent slated indviduals either i slated the whole team!

Barnett has had his moments but in some games he has more then shown his worth. I was all for Morrison getting dropped for Eastwood around Oct / Nov time but in recent weeks he's been our most passionate player and has worked his socks off- can't ask for more from him.
Don't know how you can single out Clingan as well - he hasn't been great recently but you can't judge him by a couple of off games over the period of an otherwise great season he's had (apart from when he was out injured)
Wright - OK, not the best RB I've seen but he has had some great games, just isn't consistent enough.
Eastwood - potentially our best player in my opinion, we just need to find him the right strike partner to back why we signed him for over 1mill in the first place.

Skybluerhys

Barnett has had his moments but in some games he has more then shown his worth. I was all for Morrison getting dropped for Eastwood around Oct / Nov time but in recent weeks he's been our most passionate player and has worked his socks off- can't ask for more from him.
Don't know how you can single out Clingan as well - he hasn't been great recently but you can't judge him by a couple of off games over the period of an otherwise great season he's had (apart from when he was out injured)
Wright - OK, not the best RB I've seen but he has had some great games, just isn't consistent enough.
Eastwood - potentially our best player in my opinion, we just need to find him the right strike partner to back why we signed him for over 1mill in the first place.

Were have i slated clingan in all this i havent, Clingan been very good signing for us and shown his quality on the ball and off the ball. Same with eastwood havent slated him

Morrison is working hard for a new contract!

I wont say anything postive becuase there isnt anything to be psotive about is there!

Crap manager with no passion or entertainment,

What is there to be postive about!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User

Slow WRIGHT
Backwards BELL
Sideways SAMMY
Moaning MORRISON
CBA EASTWOOD
Donkey BARNETT

All the players I've just been talking about are the ones you've singled out here with the cute nicknames

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread