Has Realisation Hit Home (1 Viewer)

EleanorRigby

People seem to be very subdued today if you talk Cov. City to them, I think yesterdays defeat snatched from the jaws of victory has had a bit of an affect and the realisation that the worst is likely to happen. After the lift of the Middlesbrough win but the fact there are'nt going to ge any significent loans coming in and again getting duffed in the final minutes, i'm afraid realisation is hitting home

Sub

relised it months ago we a were screwed and before the season started with all the best players leaving and nobody coming in :(:(:(:(:(

covcity4life

ive been more depressed than normal

im fed up of the team not learning from past mistakes,we threw away a great chance to climb the table

feel like were cursed and destined for doom

JazzCat

I suppose it has bought a sense of reality to the proceedings but I'm still fairly upbeat about our chances. We aren't playing too badly, we have brought in 3 new faces and a win against Ipswich, should, bring us within 3 points of the pack. There is a long way to go yet. PUSB

Cov City Daytrader 87

We aren't playing too badly, we have brought in 3 new faces and a win against Ipswich, should, bring us within 3 points of the pack. There is a long way to go yet. PUSB

Even if we win at home. The team still to put up a few away and some draws, on top of home (majority if not all) in order to escape relegation by the skin of their teeths'. That way that well lift the crowd up. If we came away with a draw, we wouldn't getting as much doom and gloom reaction after last night's game.

ccfc1973

While we keep Losing experienced players and bringing unproven kids in , we have no chance of staying up , plus our team of fatties and not fully developed kids can't last the full 90 mins

idris65

Its next season i'm worried about.We could go straight through league 1 into league 2 with all these youngsters.:thinking about:

Its next season i'm worried about.We could go straight through league 1 into league 2 with all these youngsters.:thinking about:

you have that spot on, under sisu it is obvious they will not spend in the summer in order to get us back up, just rely on this poor squad and probably more youngsters from the youth team, there is no hope unless any kind of takeover happens

sky_blue_up_north

Last night left me totally pissed off. I always said we would go down the season, but I thought we'd just had decent run of form at home perhaps I might be wrong and the the great escape could be on, I was singing the tune with everyone else last night like everyone else. But last night proves we still have the same issues we had against Palace, Reading, Blackpool at home to name a few. We just can't see a game out. I am a big fan of Andy Thorn, but he got it wrong last night. We were been over run in the last 15 minutes and you could see the goals coming for them. Herman was bollocks with 20 to go and should have been replaced by Wood, and why take Nimley off, he is the only player with any pace in the side. I'd have taken Sheff and bolstered the midfield more. At very least this would given us fresh legs. So, now we have Ipswich who will be on high after their demolistion of the not so Happy Hammers. They will be up for it. Leeds next Tuesday with out manger, so who ever is in charge will have them fired up, then Forest, who we have shit record against. Just can't see us getting out of it now.

EleanorRigby

Lose any of those home fixtures and we are shafted. Trouble is i get the feeling the players think so too, once that equaliser went in that was it. We have atleast 3 players coming out of contract who i believe will almost certainly have irons in the fire, are they going to put their necks on the block for the cause, doubt it.

skybluebolland

I suppose it has bought a sense of reality to the proceedings but I'm still fairly upbeat about our chances. We aren't playing too badly, we have brought in 3 new faces and a win against Ipswich, should, bring us within 3 points of the pack. There is a long way to go yet. PUSB
<br />
<br />
Top shout, keep the faith! PUSB

ccfcway

so, to confirm, we beat the team that beat West Ham 5-1 last night and despite being 7 points behind the 4th bottom club at the mo, we will be within 3 points of the pack ?

Otis

Hmm, realisation has kicked in.

Last 7 away games, starting with Millwall away;

3-0
2-1
2-1
1-0
1-0
1-0
2-1
We last picked up an away point in October against Doncaster. You're right though, there's still along way to go. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Glen

OFFICIAL we are relegated trust me we are rubbish might be good for 86 minutes but trust me the game lasts 90 ok AT and the boys

Users who are viewing this thread