Harry Maguire (2 Viewers)

messiahrobins

This forum loves an excuse to go into meltdown. It’s a friendly and both teams played weakened sides.

The two obvious concerns for

Would Real Madrid fans consider Rodrygo a better player than Vini? Absolutely not.
Vinicius is not as good as Mbappe. I have never seen Vinicius play on the right and i dont think playing players out of position works.

Mucca Mad Boys

Vinicius is not as good as Mbappe. I have never seen Vinicius play on the right and i dont think playing players out of position works.
Mbappe has played on the right for France and PSG. Vini is better than Rodrygo and it’s not really close.

The debate would be between Rodrygo or Haaland. In my view, I’d rather have Haaland of the two. I’d like to know how Salah isn’t in the conversation?

messiahrobins

Mbappe has played on the right for France and PSG. Vini is better than Rodrygo and it’s not really close.

The debate would be between Rodrygo or Haaland. In my view, I’d rather have Haaland of the two. I’d like to know how Salah isn’t in the conversation?
You think Rodrygo more of a striker? Haaland for me all day long out of the two. If Mbappe is happy to play on the right then clearly one would have Vinicius and he in the same team but i am sure mbappe has said the left is his favoured position and for me Mbappe is the best ive seen since CR7 so i would give him what he wants. He really is fabulous.
As for Salah i think his best days are long gone now. He has looked abysmal for Liverpool this season whenever i have seen him.
as an aside Real Madrid and Barcelona are going to dominate the next 10 years. The sides they are building (Barcelona around young Spanish talent) looks frightening. Bayern also look to have a few prodigal Germans coming through.
Not seeing any English teams producing the same amount of youngsters.

Paxman II

Really interesting debate on world class players. Watching Kane with the shackles off at Bayern playing as a front man, and not deep as he did for Spurs and England has shown he is world class. His record this season is his best ever. I'd take him over Haaland, who relies on team mates too much for his chances.
Bellingham is world class already but stiffled somewhat by Southgate's system. There are some far better players for England that did not even make the squad. Foden looks quality at man City but again Southgate's system stiffled his effect on the game.
For me Southgate must go...8 years of being expected to get a quarter final with the talent we can draw on, but never a good enough coach to make use of that talent and win something I'm afraid. Frankly Mark Robins would do a far better job! England check and pass back or sideways with no real purpose. It's drab. There's too much rigidity in the FA set up. Even the manager has to be a diplomat! Time for complete change from the old guard if we are to win anything.

Houdi

People who think Maguire is a great/good player just need to type Harry Maguire comedy into YouTube and watch some of the countless videos of the calamitous errors he has made over the years. He makes Lee Burge look a model of consistency.
Or listen to Man Utd fans opinions of him, most seemingly want him gone. He has only played recently because of their defensive injuries. Their manager even played a left back in central defence before playing Maguire. There was virtually no interest in him in the close season even at a knock down price of 30 million.
Yes he is ok against Andorra or Panama, but against the top sides, he is constantly found out, even on Saturday he made a awful error that should have cost us a goal.

Mucca Mad Boys

You think Rodrygo more of a striker? Haaland for me all day long out of the two. If Mbappe is happy to play on the right then clearly one would have Vinicius and he in the same team but i am sure mbappe has said the left is his favoured position and for me Mbappe is the best ive seen since CR7 so i would give him what he wants. He really is fabulous.
As for Salah i think his best days are long gone now. He has looked abysmal for Liverpool this season whenever i have seen him.
as an aside Real Madrid and Barcelona are going to dominate the next 10 years. The sides they are building (Barcelona around young Spanish talent) looks frightening. Bayern also look to have a few prodigal Germans coming through.
Not seeing any English teams producing the same amount of youngsters.
No. You’d play Mbappe either RW or striker. Mbappe is likely to play up front with Rodrygo and Vini on either wing.

Barca are in real trouble, they’re not dominating anything until they sort out their financials.

Torquay Sky Blue

He's such a poor centre half but gets away with it at international level because he's not pressed like he is in the prem.
We need to target him that's for sure.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He's such a poor centre half but gets away with it at international level because he's not pressed like he is in the prem.
We need to target him that's for sure.
I think we should look to target him in the game, as well as Onana because he's always got a fuck-up in him.

Brighton Sky Blue

I think we should look to target him in the game, as well as Onana because he's always got a fuck-up in him.
By the time of the game only Luke Shaw will still be injured. Just have to hope ten Haag makes the same mistake as O’Neil and assumes the result is a given

djr8369

The Maguire shite is so boring. Just a load of people hopping on the bandwagon and making out he’s a lot worse than he actually is just because it’s the fashionable opinion to have. He’d obviously walk into our team, Christ.
Weirdly there seem to be instragram accounts dedicated to his blunders.

Torquay Sky Blue

The Maguire shite is so boring. Just a load of people hopping on the bandwagon and making out he’s a lot worse than he actually is just because it’s the fashionable opinion to have. He’d obviously walk into our team, Christ.
Yes he would walk into our team. That's his level

hamertime

Maguire has always been class for England in tournaments and will be in Germany.

His biggest mistake was going to Man United, every mistake he makes his amplified and it’s killed his confidence.

He can’t make a single mistake without the whole press getting on his back. Lewis Dunk did a shit header to give away the goal against Brazil not a single word said.

Torquay Sky Blue

Pep Guardiola was Maguires down fall. Once he introduced the high press that was Harry fucked.
Everyone in the prem has adopted that style of play so he doesn't get the time he needs anymore.

Mucca Mad Boys

Maguire has always been class for England in tournaments and will be in Germany.

His biggest mistake was going to Man United, every mistake he makes his amplified and it’s killed his confidence.

He can’t make a single mistake without the whole press getting on his back. Lewis Dunk did a shit header to give away the goal against Brazil not a single word said.
That and Man U is a graveyard for good careers.

ptr

Maguire has been superb in tournaments.

The people that moan about him are the same people that would rather someone like Lewis Dunk played.
….

like it or lump it, Maguire and Stones are our best options at centre back. Don’t mind Konsa tbf.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

in the essence of fairness and equality, Dunk has been toilet over the last two games

200.gif

Cantona7

That Mainoo from Man U looks a bit good, maybe he'll burn out soon!!
He's been known about coming through the youth team among matchgoing United fans for a few years and should have been starting in August, but he got injured against Real Madrid in pre season and was out for 4 or 5 months.

Guardiola and City have tried to sign him repeatedly, but he's a United fan and has turned them down every time (from Stockport, funnily enough, which is a blue area).

The lad is on a different level. I've not seen a midfielder at United since Paul Scholes who is able to make the right decision so easily. Obviously, he'll make mistakes cos of the way he plays and cos of his age (he accepts the ball in very tight positions and trusts his ability to move the ball up the field), but it will be fascinating to see how he develops.

We've also got a few more lads coming through the under-18s of whom big things are expected (Shea Lacey, Harry Amass, the Fletcher twins, Amir Ibragimov, Bendito Mantato) but not quick enough for the semi in a few weeks time! :)

Brighton Sky Blue

He's been known about coming through the youth team among matchgoing United fans for a few years and should have been starting in August, but he got injured against Real Madrid in pre season and was out for 4 or 5 months.

Guardiola and City have tried to sign him repeatedly, but he's a United fan and has turned them down every time (from Stockport, funnily enough, which is a blue area).

The lad is on a different level. I've not seen a midfielder at United since Paul Scholes who is able to make the right decision so easily. Obviously, he'll make mistakes cos of the way he plays and cos of his age (he accepts the ball in very tight positions and trusts his ability to move the ball up the field), but it will be fascinating to see how he develops.

We've also got a few more lads coming through the under-18s of whom big things are expected (Shea Lacey, Harry Amass, the Fletcher twins, Amir Ibragimov, Bendito Mantato) but not quick enough for the semi in a few weeks time! :)
How many of these are home grown like Mainoo compared to pinched from other academies, out of interest?

Cantona7

How many of these are home grown like Mainoo compared to pinched from other academies, out of interest?
Aplogies for the late reply.

About half.

The under 18s beat Liverpool 9-1 yesterday.

Liverpool were 3rd.

Sky Blue Harry H

Aplogies for the late reply.

About half.

The under 18s beat Liverpool 9-1 yesterday.

Liverpool were 3rd.
The 4th goal was offside, so the scoreline probably flatters you a bit :cool: ;)

Torquay Sky Blue

Just watched the Chelsea highlights.Utd are so bad at the back, we'll score at least 2.
Chelsea were lazy and non existent at tracking back. So if we work hard like yesterday, we could somehow beat these.

Users who are viewing this thread