Harry maguire and Joe gomez (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Joe Gomez Liverpool
3.5 million

Harry maguire Manchester utd
80 million

Work that one out

This is why Liverpool will win the Premier league .. Outstanding business, outstanding manager

SlowerThanPlatt

Maguire was signed on the back of a World Cup semi final and then a good season for Leicester? Gomez was signed straight from Charlton? The comparable would be when Maguire signed for Hull

Money they spent is silly but Maguire had proved far far more

Comparison should be between Maguire and Van Djik - signed for similar fees and experience in the Premier League

Last edited:

Evo1883

Maguire was signed on the back of a World Cup semi final and then a good season for Leicester? Gomez was signed straight from Charlton? The comparable would be when Maguire signed for Hull

Money they spent is silly but Maguire had proved far far more

Comparison should be between Maguire and Van Djik - signed for similar fees and experience in the Premier League

I can't even compare virgil and maguire they are so far apart in defensive ability its insane.

Gomez played in and won the champions league final with liverpool last season... Arguably a bigger achievement than reaching a WC semi final in a team with an easy run tbh.

In general though some of Liverpools business has been brilliant.
They invested the coutinho money into Allison and van dijk, Andy Robertson cost them 8 million.
Firmino and mane a combined 73 million...

Harry maguire 80 million... It was a farcical fee

Last edited:

Sick Boy

My brother in law is a Leicester fan and couldn't beleive they got that much for him, especially as he wasn't even regarded as their best defender. Got to say that OGS is doing a cracking job at Man Utd though.

skyblue1991

Joe Gomez Liverpool
3.5 million

Harry maguire Manchester utd
80 million

Work that one out

This is why Liverpool will win the Premier league .. Outstanding business, outstanding manager
Maguire wouldn't even get into Leicester's team now ahead of Evans and Soyunchu

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

SBAndy

Maguire was a poor signing for me, pure myth that he’s good on the ball. He was just a bit of a ‘statement’ signing.

skybluegod

Maguire wouldn't even get into Leicester's team now ahead of Evans and Soyunchu

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

He would definitely get in ahead of Evans. Dependable player is Evans but Maguire would never have lost his place, it would have been him and Soyunchu.

Terry Gibson's perm

I was very impressed with Gomez on the bits I saw from the wolves game is becoming a mini Virgil very classy.

Covstu

Maguire vastly over priced no doubt but it doesn’t make him a bad player. If Gomez moved he would be in the same ballpark figurewise

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread