Happy Xmas / happy holidays if your an American (1 Viewer)

The Reverend Skyblue

Just like to wish all on here a happy christmas , and for all of us to have a much brighter Skyblue new year.

i wonder what our club will be like this time next year, I predict it will be unrecognisable to what it is now,though I have been on the beer, my wife's christmas work do .

I just hope we all have a better Cov supporting 2015

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Just like to wish all on here a happy christmas , and for all of us to have a much brighter Skyblue new year.

i wonder what our club will be like this time next year, I predict it will be unrecognisable to what it is now,though I have been on the beer, my wife's work do .

And to you Reverend SB.

Unfortunately we wish that every year maybe just maybe one year it will come true.

skybluepm2

i wonder what our club will be like this time next year, I predict it will be unrecognisable to what it is now,though I have been on the beer, my wife's christmas work do .

Amen to that Rev! Although it's only half 8, what will you be posting by closing?!

My prediction is that our annual post Christmas slump will this season be reversed and we shall become an unstoppable force through to May, smashing any and every team in sight. Pressley will become a messiah and stick two fingers up to anyone who has slagged him off since October (me)! That's all I want for Christmas this year. Enjoy the rest of your evening!

Como

I met an American whose Father in Law is a Fulham supporter and who had obviously been on the receiving end of their woes.

Told him to mention next time that he had met a Cov supporter and that would shut him up.

PU Broncos

Paxman II

That's 'Merry Christmas'. They say Merry Christmas in America, what makes you think they don't? They say Happy Holidays when referring to the season i.e. festive season.

I must admit wherever you are more and more people seem to have dropped the 'Merry'? Didn't we all say "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year"? I know I still do.

Anyway, yes Merry Christmas everyone. Lets hope we have a good one and those promotion places start becoming more likely after all!

The Reverend Skyblue

That's 'Merry Christmas'. They say Merry Christmas in America, what makes you think they don't? They say Happy Holidays when referring to the season i.e. festive season.

I must admit wherever you are more and more people seem to have dropped the 'Merry'? Didn't we all say "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year"? I know I still do.

Anyway, yes Merry Christmas everyone. Lets hope we have a good one and those promotion places start becoming more likely after all!

Im sorry Paxman the world has gone PC mad and I have lost what I can say or can't .
i thought there was something on the news in the last few days about its not PC to say "merry Christmas" as it will offend .
anyway time for another whisky, by the way Merry Christmas everyone

Paxman II

Im sorry Paxman the world has gone PC mad and I have lost what I can say or can't .
i thought there was something on the news in the last few days about its not PC to say "merry Christmas" as it will offend .
anyway time for another whisky, by the way Merry Christmas everyone

I'm with you there Rev but won't accept this PC world telling me it's anything else. Why do we feel like we need to respect the minority opinion instead of the majority?
Anyway I have no intention of turning this good post into some PC debate! Merry Christmas!

The Reverend Skyblue

Seven hours later and I'm finally on my last whisky, I would say to my fans not to expect my usual insightful / thought provoking posts tomorrow,or later today as its bloody late

anyway goodnight Houston and I thankyou for you efforts

bloody works Christmas do's are an absolute nightmare if you are non teetotal

Last edited:

The Reverend Skyblue

Can I end the night as a normal drunken man and say I love all my fellow Skyblue sufferers,even Grendal who i normally disagree with but I know just wants the best for the mighty skyblues

B-Ban-Boogie

There's a large 'god bothering' clan at my work here in Bradenton, FL, and one or two say 'Happy Holidays'.
I do like to point out it's 'Merry Christmas' though.. :)

Some of them are not the brightest and I actually had our 'HR' lady ask me "Do you have Christmas Tree's in England?"
My response was "No, we decorate the youngest in the family and make them stand in a corner each night.."
True Story.. lol

Stupid woman.. :pointlaugh:

Oh, and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from sunny Florida to all fellow Sky Blues fans...:)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Yanks are thick as pig shit! They'll believe anything you tell them!

covcity4life

merry christmass everyoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

51Ag4wSCwnL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

B-Ban-Boogie

I don't think it's a case of them being thick as pig shit, i think it's a case of not being exposed to the rest of civilization.
For example... there is all the crazy shit that is going on in the world right now and the major news network in Florida (or Tampa\Orlando area at least) shows about 10 seconds of world news then concentrates on the days 'drive by shooting's, and local news etc.
People under 21 here do not know hardly ANYTHING about the rest of the world.
The gap of 'worldlyness' between a 21 yr old here and a 21 year old from England is mammoth!

SIR ERNIE

There's a large 'god bothering' clan at my work here in Bradenton, FL, and one or two say 'Happy Holidays'.
I do like to point out it's 'Merry Christmas' though.. :)

Some of them are not the brightest and I actually had our 'HR' lady ask me "Do you have Christmas Tree's in England?"
My response was "No, we decorate the youngest in the family and make them stand in a corner each night.."
True Story.. lol

Stupid woman.. :pointlaugh:

Oh, and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from sunny Florida to all fellow Sky Blues fans...:)

Merry Christmas BBB. I know Bradenton/Sarasota area really well, what a great part of the world that is. We'll be in SWFlorida for the whole of Feb, a bit of business and a lot of relaxing and great fishing.

B-Ban-Boogie

Thank you Sir Ernie and Merry Christmas to you too.

Yep. i have been very lucky to be situated in paradise, it's certainly a beauuuuuuuuutiful part of the world.
I'm not much of a fisherman myself, I'm more into golfing and Sock-uuuuuuuurr. :claping hands:

#PUSB

SIR ERNIE

Thank you Sir Ernie and Merry Christmas to you too.

Yep. i have been very lucky to be situated in paradise, it's certainly a beauuuuuuuuutiful part of the world.
I'm not much of a fisherman myself, I'm more into golfing and Sock-uuuuuuuurr. :claping hands:

#PUSB

Played Waterleaf Golf Course a couple of years ago. Very nice

lordsummerisle

Went to our works Christmas party last night.

When they played "The Twist", I did the Twist.

When they played "Jump Around", I jumped around.

After they played "Come on Eileen", I was asked to leave.

Skyblueweeman

I went to the US of A 3 times this year through work. First time ever (and 2nd, then 3rd) and I loved it. Had 3 separate weeks in LA, Atlanta and Orlando. Took in some baseball and thought the atmosphere was amazing.

Could imagine a 'kiss-cam' at the Ricoh...half time shots of some of this boards posters trying to give Lucas a smooch at half time!!

B-Ban-Boogie

Played Waterleaf Golf Course a couple of years ago. Very nice

That's a fantastic course.
I caddied for a friend who played in the U.S Open Qualifiers there a while back.
There are so many great courses round this area..

I went to the US of A 3 times this year through work. First time ever (and 2nd, then 3rd) and I loved it. Had 3 separate weeks in LA, Atlanta and Orlando. Took in some baseball and thought the atmosphere was amazing.

Could imagine a 'kiss-cam' at the Ricoh...half time shots of some of this boards posters trying to give Lucas a smooch at half time!!

I've been to nearly every 'merican sport here in Tampa (Ray baseball, USF College and Buccaneer Football etc) and I can honest say Ice Hockey (Tampa Bay Lightening) is BY FAR the best sport for atmosphere. Absolutely superb it is.
In the other sports there too many adverts so the atmosphere dies off and never gets a chance to build, but in hockey it's very much like English football with chants that build up around the Arena. Loved it.

I haven't been to Tampa Bay Rowdies Soccer yet, but it's like watching Conference League standard from what i have heard. May make a trip next season and watch them.

egastap

True.....I did stop viewing any comments about 2 1/2 years ago, and commenting at all a bit before that. I started reading the comments again a few weeks ago, particularly those concerning the SISU/WASPS debacle. Some things just don't change much, do they? I started watching the City in 1956 when they were in the 3rd Div North, saw them go down to the 4th (the nadir), then straight back up the following year. I obviously can't see the City play much these days (although I was over for family funeral last year, and sorry to say I saw the City play Gillingham at Sixfields.......sorry, but I just had to...... against my better judgement) but still follow CCFC ardently. My grandson used to be a follower, but I stopped him viewing this board because of the crude language. I'm very selective now on what I read.....and who I read.

Thanks for your welcome message anyway.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Seeing as we're wishing Merry Christmas from overseas................ MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! :whistle:

John_Silletts_Nose

Is it hurting to see some fans getting on or something? :)

What? I don't understand your comment. Doesn't matter though as I will leave you and them to it.

It seems very quiet on here these days, not the same ccfc/football/politics/sisu/council passion as was seen in the past (even as seen on GMK in the old days). Is it the Christmas period taking effect or a general apathy?

Users who are viewing this thread