Hadjii interview (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

What a player he was. In terms of pure technique he is one of the best to have played in the Premier League. Imagine what he’d be worth now.

Mcbean

The Leamington warriors ! was fun watching the two of them ! real entertainers - how did we get him ?

singers_pore

I remember walking through an airport lounge in Indonesia with Morocco beating Scotland 3-0 in the World Cup. I absolutely pissed myself with laughter and then I looked across to see two very pissed off Jocks.

no_loyalty

Hadji was class, couldn't believe it when he turned down Marseille to join us.

Chippo and Safri weren't bad either

ccfc_ukr

im sure there was a rumour about him playing with pieces of steak in his boots as it helped with an injury he had on his foot or something like that?

also remember him offering to pay for everyones shirt who had his name on his back when his number was changed pre-season.

Sky Blue Harry H

Moff

Signing Hadji was one of the very few times I've felt like we were really going places.

Feel the same. Unfortunately felt it again with most of Andy Thorn's signings. Then it felt like we were going places, just down.

Hadji was an unbelievable talent and it was great to have seen him in our colours.

tisza

Loved the Moroccans - Hajdi was classy, Safri wasn't afraid to put it about a bit.
Was disappointed with where Hajdi went to. (Nice way of putting - was spitting bricks at the time)

letsallsingtogether

Got to be up their as one of the classiest player to Cov, loved the the man......

Nick

Administrator
No mention of Thommo in this thread :(

Still remember a Safri free kick in the very top corner.

withnail

Back in the glorious 90s I rememder going out for a meal in a French resteraunt (I say french it was actually cafe rouge).
It was an early date with my now wife and normally she would have had my undivided attention, but on this occasion i was partially distracted by the presence of Hadji being a couple of tables away.
At one point a lady headed upstairs to ‘powder her nose’ and as she passed Hadji’s table a tenner dropped out of her pocket.
Hadji soon spotted the tenner and quickly worked out what had happened picking up the tenner and standing waiting at the foot of the stairs until (some considerable time later) the lady returned and he presented her with her lost cash.
Them were the days back when Mansfield was somwhere you’d heardof but didn,t know where it was and not league opposition.

Gazolba

Back in the glorious 90s <snip>.
Them were the days back when Mansfield was somewhere you’d heard of but didn't know where it was and not league opposition.
I can remember before that to the Jimmy Hill era when Mansfield were our league opposition and always very stern opposition too.
They had a player called Ken Wagstaff, a fantastic goal-scorer who was a legend in the lower divisions.
The big question before any team played them was "How are we going to stop Wagstaff?".
Their supporters were about the most fervent of any club we faced.

Users who are viewing this thread