Gyokeres Deal Details (9 Viewers)

Sbarcher

4 games left and 7 points ahead so he's about to win the league there and take home the golden boot. Fantastic achievement.

He'll be guaranteed Champions League football next season even if he stays there (which he won't, I've heard Arsenal is nailed on).

Genuinely might end up being the best player we've ever had here. Definitely in modern times.
Hopefully another 2 add-ons will be kicking in before any sale.

Londonccfcfan

4 games left and 7 points ahead so he's about to win the league there and take home the golden boot. Fantastic achievement.

He'll be guaranteed Champions League football next season even if he stays there (which he won't, I've heard Arsenal is nailed on).

Genuinely might end up being the best player we've ever had here. Definitely in modern times.
He has alot to do if he's going to better than Robbie Keane. Not even close yet. Keane had about 100 premier league goals by the age 26.

I'd settle for 2nd best.

My son reckons Gyokores best ever....I'm afraid few of us older ones have put him right.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I wonder how Dublin would get on if playing now, don't see anywhere near as many headers scored now do we? People saying he's not modern day does give me a bit of a reminder i'm not as young as i might act :(
I bet he’d still be lethal for a team whipping balls in, but he wasnt just good in the air he was also a bloody good finisher

Brighton Sky Blue

I wonder how Dublin would get on if playing now, don't see anywhere near as many headers scored now do we? People saying he's not modern day does give me a bit of a reminder i'm not as young as i might act :(
Someone like him would still be as effective. It’s in the wide areas and at CB where the game has changed most

skybluecam

He has alot to do if he's going to better than Robbie Keane. Not even close yet. Keane had about 100 premier league goals by the age 26.

I'd settle for 2nd best.

My son reckons Gyokores best ever....I'm afraid few of us older ones have put him right.
If he goes to Arsenal or similar and wins the Prem/CL he quickly becomes the greatest player we've had here surely.

ptr

Genuinely, who is paying that money for him?

He’s better off moving this summer if he’s going to move whilst his stock is high, but I cannot see who will spend the big money. Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea need a striker. But will they pay?

Maybe Sporting manager ends up at Chelsea or United in the summer and makes him number 1 priority, but seen he’s been talking to West Ham.

I do fear a lot of our Summer plans are riding on Gyokeres moving on.

biggymania

Sporting have communicated to the Securities Market Commission (CMVM) the values involved in their 2023 transfer market deals, with player entries and exits, including bonuses and commission values.

The club reveals that they paid out an initial €20m (£17.5) to City for the Sweden international, with another €4m due in bonuses “added upon achieving objectives,” which are usually based on the usual performance criteria of the number of games played and goals scored. That could see Coventry eventually receive a total of €24m, which is just short of £21m.

The deal also included two million euros in commission, paid for intermediation in the deal (basically agents fees), taking the overall cost of the transfer to Sporting to €26m. The document, which is reported by Portuguese outlet ojogo.pt, also says that Coventry City retains 15 percent of future capital gains (sell-on clause), which can be reduced by up to 10%.

The Swedish international’s former club, it says, is entitled to “15 percent of future capital gains, which can be reduced up to 10 percent at the option of Sporting SAD, or depending on the partial achievement of individual and collective objectives.”
Coming back to these deal details... if the 15% sell on is based on "capital gains" then I think that means a 100M transfer fee received for Gyokeres would net us 11.1M EUR if the 4M EUR of "individual and collective" targets have already been met.

Some hasty maths...

100M - 26M in costs for Sporting (that includes the 2M of agent fees) = 74M EUR capital gain for Sporting - 10% of which is 7.4M EUR

If none of the 4M bonuses are paid (feels very unlikely given the "individual and collective" performance of Sporting & Gyok):

100M - 22M in costs for Sporting (that includes the 2M of agent fees) = 78M EUR capital gain for Sporting - 15% of which is 11.7M EUR

So if a 100M EUR deal is reached for Gyokeres, then we'd net around £9.75M to £10M on the kick back.

Lots of people getting confused about how this works quite rightly and assuming we get 15% of 100M or 15M EUR or £13M. We'd need a serious bidding war - I would be amazed if he actually goes for 100M even though I think he could command this sort of fee - you need a couple of clubs to get there I think - Sporting may cash in at a lower valuation.

Brighton Sky Blue

Coming back to these deal details... if the 15% sell on is based on "capital gains" then I think that means a 100M transfer fee received for Gyokeres would net us 11.1M EUR if the 4M EUR of "individual and collective" targets have already been met.

Some hasty maths...

100M - 26M in costs for Sporting (that includes the 2M of agent fees) = 74M EUR capital gain for Sporting - 10% of which is 7.4M EUR

If none of the 4M bonuses are paid (feels very unlikely given the "individual and collective" performance of Sporting & Gyok):

100M - 22M in costs for Sporting (that includes the 2M of agent fees) = 78M EUR capital gain for Sporting - 15% of which is 11.7M EUR

So if a 100M EUR deal is reached for Gyokeres, then we'd net around £9.75M to £10M on the kick back.

Lots of people getting confused about how this works quite rightly and assuming we get 15% of 100M or 15M EUR or £13M. We'd need a serious bidding war - I would be amazed if he actually goes for 100M even though I think he could command this sort of fee - you need a couple of clubs to get there I think - Sporting may cash in at a lower valuation.
I think Sporting will say that if clubs really want him after just a season it’s the release clause or no dice. And given who’s interested, those clubs can afford it and will likely pay it.

Mucca Mad Boys

Some hasty maths...

€100m in today’s market for a striker is not that ridiculous. With Sporting having a high sell-on clause they’re going to maximise their gains too.

Gyokeres has the same amount of goals (with 2 games remaining) in the Portuguese league as Nunez the season before Liverpool spent €100 million signing him.

biggymania

€100m in today’s market for a striker is not that ridiculous. With Sporting having a high sell-on clause they’re going to maximise their gains too.

Gyokeres has the same amount of goals (with 2 games remaining) in the Portuguese league as Nunez the season before Liverpool spent €100 million signing him.
I'm not totally up to speed with who has the budget (considering all the FFP stuff flying around) to drop 100M this summer. Liverpool certainly could if a Saudi team comes in for Sala. I know Arsenal were talked about as having scouted Gyok too, but not sure how much they have to spend.

Sbarcher

Has he said he wants to leave? Rumours that the Sporting manager will stay for another year and he wants Vik also to stay on an improved contract. Interesting times.

SwanLane

If he does leave Sporting, while they could accept below €100m it will be very close to that figure I reckon. There are not many ‘top’ number 9s out there and Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool have form paying those kind of sums. Aside from being a beast, he’s got goals, assists and doesn’t get injured or suspended much.

fernandopartridge

Surely Chelsea are out of the running due to FFP? Hard to see Liverpool dropping another big fee on a striker so soon after the last one. That leaves Arsenal. Could Spurs afford him?

SwanLane

Surely Chelsea are out of the running due to FFP? Hard to see Liverpool dropping another big fee on a striker so soon after the last one. That leaves Arsenal. Could Spurs afford him?
I know what you mean about Chelsea but if they sell Gallagher and palm a few off to Saudi, there’ll be funds. Silva will be off the wage bill. It’s possible.

A new Liverpool manager will want a marquee signing, especially if they can still get a good fee for Salah.

biggymania

Has he said he wants to leave? Rumours that the Sporting manager will stay for another year and he wants Vik also to stay on an improved contract. Interesting times.
To me it seems pretty obvious this was a very smart stepping stone move for him but if Amorim does stay at Sporting, there's definitely an argument that he stays to have a crack in the Champion's League.

However, realistically Sporting are not going to be challenging for Champion's League silverware. If Sporting win the league as is likely and they're also in the finals of their domestic cup... so he has really maximised his opportunity at Sporting already and if he gets injured or fails to improve upon this year (what a massive task!) it could turn out that this summer was the best opportunity for him.

Sbarcher

I know what you mean about Chelsea but if they sell Gallagher and palm a few off to Saudi, there’ll be funds. Silva will be off the wage bill. It’s possible.

A new Liverpool manager will want a marquee signing, especially if they can still get a good fee for Salah.
I don’t think Palm a will leave.!

Users who are viewing this thread