Gyms Open (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Anybody been yet? Have been looking about to see where to join / go.

It's a fine balance between mainstream places full of knobs looking in the mirror and then the smaller gyms who are struggling with the COVID stuff so make it harder to get there.

Marty

I won't be going to a commercial gym anytime soon even though I have a membership (which I need to cancel). We have a health centre at work which is lovely, has a gym, pool, saunas, etc and I will use that instead (if they bother to reopen it).

Nick

Administrator
I really like smaller gyms, ones that are a bit rough and old school. It seems a lot of them will struggle because they don't have the staff that places like Puregym etc to.

I went to Puregym for a bit, mainly because of the ease of it being 24/7 but I got fedup with dickheads trying to pose every 5 minutes and letting everybody in the place know they were lifting a weight with their moaning and groaning and throwing the weights down on the floor.

jordan210

I won’t be going to my small local gym anytime soon.

was paying membership during first few months asked to pause it and owner made it an massive issue about how I wasn’t loyal and so on.
Also they really have grasped Covid rules and basically trying to run it at as high numbers as possible and ignore the rules.

Nick

Administrator
I won’t be going to my small local gym anytime soon.

was paying membership during first few months asked to pause it and owner made it an massive issue about how I wasn’t loyal and so on.
Also they really have grasped Covid rules and basically trying to run it at as high numbers as possible and ignore the rules.

Not too sure it's not being loyal.

I'd have no issue with paying a membership still to help keep them running but loyalty works both ways.

jordan210

Not too sure it's not being loyal.

I'd have no issue with paying a membership still to help keep them running but loyalty works both ways.

that’s the part he doesn’t understand. If your not paying him your not loyal in his eyes.

He also told everyone if you paused memberhip you will have to pay more when he reopens

Nick

Administrator
that’s the part he doesn’t understand. If your not paying him your not loyal in his eyes.

He also told everyone if you paused memberhip you will have to pay more when he reopens
Did he attempt to do anything while closed for members who were paying
Can you pm me where it was so I know to avoid?

jordan210

Did he attempt to do anything while closed for members who were paying
Can you pm me where it was so I know to avoid?

not near Cov so you don’t need to worry !

he did let people borrow basic equipment. But was quick to ask for it back when people asked to pause. even if people had paid for that month.

Sadly I think he sees people as pound signs.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah he sounds like a bit of a dick.

I know some smaller gyms were trying to give money's worth for clients. Outdoor group sessions, social media workouts and getting in touch with members to try and motivate them etc.

jordan210

Yeah he sounds like a bit of a dick.

I know some smaller gyms were trying to give money's worth for clients. Outdoor group sessions, social media workouts and getting in touch with members to try and motivate them etc.

All the things you would expect. He made a 9 minute rant on Facebook and claimed that was him informing people of the gyms new rules.....

Sky_Blue_Daz

I use spindles at The Royal court , to be fair it’s basic but I’ll give it another week or so Before I go back

skyblue1991

What was the setup like?
It was circuit training so the stations were all 2m apart, the trainer had to sign you in and there were antibac sprays and towels to clean equipment.

It worked out pretty well, I've got no problem with it.

I don't know what will happen in gyms when you have people waiting around to use equipment, social distancing etc...

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’m not sure if the sauna and steam rooms would be opened though , although the pool would be nice after a run

Users who are viewing this thread