Gyökeres Hard G Amnesty (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

What a player this lad can be, could be a star.... but for the love of God (Yod) please stop calling him Gok-er-res, Guy-oh-ker-es or any other combinations starting with a hard 'Gee' or 'Guh' sound.

Rules for the letter 'G' in Sweden say that a G before hard vowels (a, o, u, å) is pronounced like 'guh' in English ie, 'Gap'. But a 'G' before soft vowel (ä, ö, e, i, y) is pronounced like 'yuh' ie 'yogurt' (there are exceptions, like Göteborg but that to do with the 2 'G's

So to the best of my knowledge from listening to Swedish Comms ... Gyökeres = Yer-ker-es (well it's more like Yer-ker-esh but just as long as we get over the fecking hard 'Gee' or 'Guh' I'm happy

Yes I know I'm a pedant and that I should have better things to do but type a rant on a player name at 3am but I'm buzzing we are doing so well. Really enjoying all the fan made content online like YouTube and stuff but every single one complely mangles his name !

harvey098

I have to admit that I wasn’t that bothered when we signed him but he’s been brilliant and he’s also deceptively fast. His dribbling still makes me laugh though but somehow it has seemed to work so far. His first touch is decent but when he’s dribbling every touch looks like a miscontrol 😂

slowpoke

I have to admit that I wasn’t that bothered when we signed him but he’s been brilliant and he’s also deceptively fast. His dribbling still makes me laugh though but somehow it has seemed to work so far. His first touch is decent but when he’s dribbling every touch looks like a miscontrol 😂
Has so many assets deceptive speed, big & powerful on the ball, good ball control under pressure, hard to knock off the ball, super fit too he’s as tough at the end of a game as he was at the start, works the line left side right side pulling opposing CBs out of the middle and the most important thing knows where the back of the net is, at the moment he’s turning into an all round proper centre-forward.

steve101

Has so many assets deceptive speed, big & powerful on the ball, good ball control under pressure, hard to knock off the ball, super fit too he’s as tough at the end of a game as he was at the start, works the line left side right side pulling opposing CBs out of the middle and the most important thing knows where the back of the net is, at the moment he’s turning into an all round proper centre-forward.
He has been really impressive from the tail end of last season but particularly this year. For me the area he does need to improve on is his finishing. He is doing okay and is proving himself as a decent Championship player but if he is to be a level above he needs to be more clinical. He is young and seemingly hungry enough to improve much more and will be learning all the time from the likes of Godden and Walker and the man himself, Robins.

slowpoke

He has been really impressive from the tail end of last season but particularly this year. For me the area he does need to improve on is his finishing. He is doing okay and is proving himself as a decent Championship player but if he is to be a level above he needs to be more clinical. He is young and seemingly hungry enough to improve much more and will be learning all the time from the likes of Godden and Walker and the man himself, Robins.
Agree to a point regarding finishing but he’s very mobile and doesn’t stop very central at all, the key there is his partner for now it’s Waggy who’s doing ok and then there’s Walker & Godden who can come in still an area to build on.

stupot07

What a player this lad can be, could be a star.... but for the love of God (Yod) please stop calling him Gok-er-res, Guy-oh-ker-es or any other combinations starting with a hard 'Gee' or 'Guh' sound.

Rules for the letter 'G' in Sweden say that a G before hard vowels (a, o, u, å) is pronounced like 'guh' in English ie, 'Gap'. But a 'G' before soft vowel (ä, ö, e, i, y) is pronounced like 'yuh' ie 'yogurt' (there are exceptions, like Göteborg but that to do with the 2 'G's

So to the best of my knowledge from listening to Swedish Comms ... Gyökeres = Yer-ker-es (well it's more like Yer-ker-esh but just as long as we get over the fecking hard 'Gee' or 'Guh' I'm happy

Yes I know I'm a pedant and that I should have better things to do but type a rant on a player name at 3am but I'm buzzing we are doing so well. Really enjoying all the fan made content online like YouTube and stuff but every single one complely mangles his name !
Thanks. We could have done with this when we first signed him!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

stupot07

On another not could someone put the lyrics to his sound please? I cant make the words out from block 19.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

The obvious one is to butcher an ABBA song. Something like

Viktor Gyökeres going to score again
My my, how can we resist you
(To Mamma Mia)

or

You can score , you can jive, having the time of your life
See Viktor, watch that scene, diggin' the scoring dream
(To Dancing Queen)

or

Viktor Gyökeres goals are gonna blind me
Because he’s a sky blue
Scoring like you do
'We are the crowd for you
(To Super Trouper)

There got to be something in the chorus for S.O.S. singing Gyökeres instead of S.O.S but the replacement lyrics just won’t come to me.

Last edited:

Danceswithhorses

So all that basically boils down to 'it's a silent G'

Reactions: vow

Londonccfcfan

(To Mamma Mia)

or

(To Dancing Queen)

or

Because he’s a sky blue
Scoring like you do
(To Super Trouper)

There got to be something in the chorus for S.O.S. singing Gyökeres instead of S.O.S but the replacement lyrics just won’t come to me.

Hahaha excellent!!!

JAM See

What about the new lad Todd? Is the surname pronounced Kane, Cane or Cain?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

(To Mamma Mia)

or

(To Dancing Queen)

or

Because he’s a sky blue
Scoring like you do
(To Super Trouper)

(To Mamma Mia)

or

(To Dancing Queen)

or

Because he’s a sky blue
Scoring like you do
(To Super Trouper)

How about this to the tune of S.O.S…

Oh, when we need you,

O’Hare plays the ball through,

Gyökeres!

The goals you gave us,

They will always save us,

Gyökeres!

When you’re on…

We all know…

That the Games almost won.

Or we just repeat the first verse, and replace O’Hare with a different name so everyone gets a shout out:

Oh, when we need you,

Hamer plays the ball through,

Gyökeres!

Oh, when we need you,

Allen plays the ball through,

Gyökeres!

Oh, when we need you,

Dabo plays the ball through,

Gyökeres!

Oh, when we need you,

Sheaf he plays the ball through,

Gyökeres!

fatso

Feed the Yok
Feed the Yok
Feed the Yok and he will score
Feed the Yok and he will scooooooree.

Alkhen

Just watched EFL on quest, Clinton Morrison went for "Yokeresh" 😁 love it! That is now the gospel pronunciation

KersleyDigs

Tune of 'For he's a Jolly good fellow'...

"Zlatan wears Viktor pyjamas,
Zlatan wears Viktor pyjamas,
And so he fucking should.
And so he fucking should,
And so he fucking should.
Ohhh Viktor Gyökeres (Yer-ker-esh)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread