Gunnersarus (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

Granted it’s only a very small percentage of his weekly wage but surely it shouldn’t have to be a player paying the mascot’s wages? Especially when their owner is worth 8 billion and they’ve just spent £45m on a player. It’s only one of 55 other redundancies too at the club. Doesn‘t sit right with me at all.

rob9872

More surprised at the salary. I assumed assumed expenses and a free ticket and they'd have fans queuing up for it. I

chiefdave

More surprised at the salary. I assumed assumed expenses and a free ticket and they'd have fans queuing up for it. I
Its not just match days, its going out to schools, community events etc. You can even hire him to turn up at your own event.

Realistically how much can the hourly rate be and how many hours a week is the guy working? Can't add up to much over the year. Did nobody stop and think about the terrible PR they'd get off the back of this?

no_loyalty

Granted it’s only a very small percentage of his weekly wage but surely it shouldn’t have to be a player paying the mascot’s wages? Especially when their owner is worth 8 billion and they’ve just spent £45m on a player. It’s only one of 55 other redundancies too at the club. Doesn‘t sit right with me at all.
The said player is on £350k per week and not doing a fat lot at the moment, it's the least he could do, I bet he could donate a week's wages to save the other 54.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

To be fair Gunnersaurus would do a more able job in midfield than Ozil so pay him 350k a week and make Ozil redundant. (officially - he's been redundant to Arsenal as a player for ages)

Sbarcher

I think Ozil won't miss a few quid. Just read he received a "loyalty" bonus of £8m last month. How obscene in these circumstances. That said, can't blame him for Arsenal offering his contract.

rob9872

How much is he on?
Reported to be 20k. I assume Sky Blue Sam is free and whoever is available as he's been all shapes and sizes.

shmmeee

I’d imagine mascots have to be CRB checked or whatever and you can’t just let anyone rock up and wear a costume and hug kids 🤷

Nick

Administrator
I’d imagine mascots have to be CRB checked or whatever and you can’t just let anyone rock up and wear a costume and hug kids 🤷

It only shows up on CRB if you get caught

EErz13mXsAAN2xN.jpg

CJ_covblaze

Heard a brilliant story earlier this week. Jerry Quy/Gunnersarus is father in law to Ray Parlour’s brother. Ray has said that he walked his daughter down the asle in the costume!

oscillatewildly

It only shows up on CRB if you get caught

EErz13mXsAAN2xN.jpg
Never forget (I suppose he won't either if the belief is true) the 'conversation' I once had with Sam, in a deserted corridor at HR on a Saturday evening late 1990's.
A mates missus had hired a room in the Main Stand complex for his 40th. A few of us had just got back from Spurs away where I'm certain we'd got a well earned draw.
I came out of the toilet and at the other end of an otherwise empty corridor was Sam, walking towards me.
I started enthusing about the performance and result but it soon became apparent the flow of conversation would be one way only.
I felt a little awkward and briefly thought about running toward him for a flying hug. But I didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread