Gunnarsson latest (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Not fussed at all if he goes.

As for the other two;

Westwood was always going to be easy to replace and that's been proven.

K*** was the killer, where the hell do we find a 20 goal striker for £3.50 and a bag of crisps?...

skyblueinBaku

Goodbye, Gunnar. Seems that not only Gunnar, but also Cardiff City believed the agents hype. Will this give Connor Thomas a chance to establish himself in the team?

05rengla

can see thomas starting the season now, doubt we will have the money to buy a new cm and a striker,

Alexander would be my ideal replacement

Thants now king, Gunna and Westy who all said the club failed to meet their demands, surely something is goin on with the club?

rob9872

This is really disappointing news. Not particularly disappointing that we don't have Gunnar, but that we identified three out of contract players that we wanted to keep, offered all three improved contracts and despite the noises coming out of the camp post season we have managed to hang onto none of them.

I know we don't have the biggest budget, but being around the lads, seeing what AT is trying to do with them and where our supposed vision is and we fall short. I had no idea who was the most likely, but thought we could hang onto Gunnar at least.

stevo_ccfc

The problem is that we have no idea how much Gunnar refused and how much he thinks he is worth, his head was turned some time ago.

We now live in the world of football agent who demand silly wages and silly fees for them selves.

Basically it comes down to greed, if a club payed the wages agents thought the players should get then you would very quickly find that clubs are spending way above their means

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I agree Rob... I wonder if AT is getting frustrated ALREADY! At the lack of communication, limited resources and running of the club.
This is a big shame! Gunnarsson has always been a favourite of mine, we need a replacement fast though. Only plus side is it looks like this is a position that's been looked at quite a lot by the club. Rite now if AT keeps us up another season he has done well!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
As they say money talks.........

None of the 3 have done wrong in that they have gone/going to clubs who are prepared to pay more money for there services..... if everyone here was honest about it they would do the same, it is a short but lucrative career that each of the players has sought to maximise the return from. The manner in which it has been done by each has been different for each ranging from honourable to down right despicable. Talk of loyalty and greed is irrelevant, the players are a commodity that the agents seek to get the most they can for. It isnt all down to the players & agents, the clubs and managers know how to play this game and seek their best advantage too.

What the city fans should take from this is not just the loss of three good players (as each are) but the fact that the club has no money with which to compete for the better players at championship level. Get used to it because the finances really are that dire and the calls for big signings dont fall on deaf ears ..... there isnt any money to make those signings or pay the wages of the better free agents.

I like Gunnarsson, but i think he needs a fresh challenge, have met him and he seems a decent young man to me. Am i worried by him leaving no because no player is bigger than the club.... he will be replaced. But what does it all say to potential new players when they see the better players jumping ship because we cant afford them, those new players will seek to maximise their earnings too wont they!

musicmanskyblue

This is really disappointing news. Not particularly disappointing that we don't have Gunnar, but that we identified three out of contract players that we wanted to keep, offered all three improved contracts and despite the noises coming out of the camp post season we have managed to hang onto none of them.

I know we don't have the biggest budget, but being around the lads, seeing what AT is trying to do with them and where our supposed vision is and we fall short. I had no idea who was the most likely, but thought we could hang onto Gunnar at least.

Totally agree Rob...

musicmanskyblue

Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Not fussed at all if he goes.

As for the other two;

Westwood was always going to be easy to replace and that's been proven.

K*** was the killer, where the hell do we find a 20 goal striker for £3.50 and a bag of crisps?...

Agree.. King was the killer blow out of the three.. We REALLY need a goal scorer..

Disorganised1

But how can Cardiff afford it ? They're in a worse state financially than us.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
our owners are not prepared to take the same risks......... and if the new rules come in neither will the likes of Cardiff be allowed to.

Havent seen the Cardiff accounts so cant comment on their finances.......... but I am like a lot of other fans waiting for the whole thing to implode and praying that the only CCFC that matters to me isnt among the casualties.

D

Deleted member 2477

The worry is that all three have left the club despite us offering new so called improved contracts and they still dont want to be at the club.
What happens next year when Cranie, Maca and Clingan are also at the end of their contracts. Will they want to stay ?.
If we keep losing our better players and dont have the money to replace them with similar quality or better the only way the club and team will go is down as the quality of the team will get nearer to the division below.

Come on Sisu we all know you have know money so cut your losses and let the Hoff save our club before its to late.
Other than Turner when was the last time this club managed to get a first team player to sign a new contract because I'm struggling to remember one.

Pigeon

Good luck to him, he thought he was a lot better than he actually is. Now we need to focus on bringing in a replacement and shaping up Conor.

Covstu

This for me is concerning, not particularly around gunnar himself but the fact that we have lost our three most valuable players for nothing (maybe we get compensation for Gunnar?). Yes we are a selling club but this highlights a fundamental issue with the direction which the club is going in, something isnt right that we can let three good players slip through our hands. Maybe everything isnt a rosey in AT world??

Nick

Administrator
No doubt somebody from the club will be on Twitter slating the players and agents saying they agreed verbally or something back in 2010 after a beer at the Christmas party.

Coventry La La La

This for me is concerning, not particularly around gunnar himself but the fact that we have lost our three most valuable players for nothing (maybe we get compensation for Gunnar?). Yes we are a selling club but this highlights a fundamental issue with the direction which the club is going in, something isnt right that we can let three good players slip through our hands. Maybe everything isnt a rosey in AT world??

I'm sure Gunner couldn't give a flying fu** about "AT World" the club obviously can't offer him a wage he thinks is acceptable so he will go elsewhere to get better wages.

Last edited:

davebart

never thought much to him. looked interesting early on but fizzled out.

but the omens are not good, CCFC are not in the game of bringing in players of equal or better quality. SISU are trying to reduce the wage bill and that is going to mean even worse players unless AT has spent time researching the lower leagues. Although I'm not even sure we could afford Matt Tubbs.

brinner

Other than Turner when was the last time this club managed to get a first team player to sign a new contract because I'm struggling to remember one.
Other than Mcsheff and Platt who had 2nd year options not 1 player that has signed for us since sisu took over have signed a new contract.

speaks volumes.

fanta80

Other than Mcsheff and Platt who had 2nd year options not 1 player that has signed for us since sisu took over have signed a new contract.

speaks volumes.

Maybe because previous manager signed poor players? Alternatively the players wanted too much money and the club didnt want to overspend and jeopardise the existence of the club? Delete as applicable.

sky_blue_up_north

All players go were they get paid best, like you or I would. I don't blame him if he can earn an extra few quid. We really need to add some more players to the squad, I think the comment by Skybluelee it the most telling, were do we get a 20 goal a season striker for peanuts

BackRoomRummermill

We knew he was going.....

He will be another Micheal Mifsud ............. Remember Him :D So lets move on

Getting ready for new posts on Micheal Mifsud :pimp:

brinner

Maybe because previous manager signed poor players? Alternatively the players wanted too much money and the club didnt want to overspend and jeopardise the existence of the club? Delete as applicable.
it helps when you actually offer people contracts instead of just talking about it tho.

2 summers ago we were told the "big 4" Westy, Gunnar, Dann and Fox were all to be offerd new deals...............they wernt, was left till they were pretty much out of contract when they are free to talk to other clubs and their heads already turned.

Same is gonna happen in a few months with Cranie and Clingan, they need to be offerd deals now not next April! get em signed up now or we will be losing more good players for fuck all next summer FACT.

Remember Jay Tabb? it all started with him, player of the season, contract talks promised but didnt happen and off he went to reading we were fortunate to get a bit of cash for him, sisu/whoever negotiates new deals shud have learned from that but they havent.

Nonleagueherewecome

never thought much to him. looked interesting early on but fizzled out.

but the omens are not good, CCFC are not in the game of bringing in players of equal or better quality. SISU are trying to reduce the wage bill and that is going to mean even worse players unless AT has spent time researching the lower leagues. Although I'm not even sure we could afford Matt Tubbs.

I reckon Tubbs would be absolute quality! He usually got more than Steve Morrison, and he does ok at our level ;)

Lord_Nampil

Not a big loss IMO! Should be a commanding player at this level now, which he's not! Who ever he joins won't get much more out of him! As for brinners SISU comment, least the new board offered them contracts unlike Ransons board! I am sure we will offers contracts to the others, if they want to signing them then great if they don't then we
Move on! Also Thorn can now get the players he wants and I am sure he will!

I'm really shocked at some of the comments on this thread that people can't believe he's gone. He was never going to stay, the 2 best players have gone and he classed himself as a top player so believes he is due bigger and better things like KW, he notices around him things are falling apart - no money, no 'exciting' signings, and knows how much shit the clubs in,

For me he's viewing it as leaving a sinking ship and gaining more money / prospects.

I think a few of us need to realise how bad our situation is and not be so dismayed that our 3 top players have now left - and potentially more.

Users who are viewing this thread