Guardian Half-Term Report (1 Viewer)

RPHunt

Good report in the Guardian on the fans' perspective of their team half way through the season:

Coventry City

Season in one word Incomprehensible

How's it going? How can I explain this? Imagine if you were a massive Bon Jovi fan but you were told one day that the only way you could enjoy Bon Jovi was via Twitter, while they played concerts 30 miles away? And Bon Jovi were performing better than they had in years? It's kind of like that. We've obliterated a 10-point deficit and have scored goals for fun, but unfortunately most fans have been unable to enjoy it because our club has been ruthlessly torn from its home town.

Who's been the star? While Steven Pressley is at the top of everyone's Christmas card list and players like Leon Clarke and John Fleck are shining bright, it's the emergence of Callum Wilson which has been the real Godsend. To have those goals and such pace under your nose without realising it is quite staggering. He's been a revelation.

Biggest disappointment? Being unable to see any of it. There's complexity surrounding everyone's feelings towards the situation, but playing in Northampton has stolen a season from the people who have earned it the most. By all accounts, we have a team and a manager we can be proud of for once, with some of the most exciting attacking play we've seen in years. Missing large chunks of that is bad enough, but it's not like this comes around very often for us. It's typical.

All we want for Christmas is... Nobody wants yet another new stadium in five years time, when there's already a perfectly good one in our city with our name written all over it. It's not necessary. This group of players deserves every opportunity to succeed in the city they are supposedly representing. Second choice would be for our team to remain intact. If we're able to keep the nucleus of our success in place – namely Wilson, Clarke and Fleck – I'm sure we have the necessary tools available to continue in the same vein for a few more months yet.

Neil Allison @neilallison, Sky Blues Blog

Spionkop

Well said Neil Allison. Don't think many fans would disagree with that summary. I'm glad you said 'ruthlessly.' That's it exactly.
And so it goes on......

Users who are viewing this thread