Great start but.... (1 Viewer)

Skyblue4u

Only two games into the season and some on here think we have won the league already. Yes it's a great start and I really hope it continues but let's see where we are after xmas before getting too carried away

fernandopartridge

Only two games into the season and some on here think we have won the league already. Yes it's a great start and I really hope it continues but let's see where we are after xmas before getting too carried away

Thanks for that deep thought. You're a really switched on kinda guy.

Samo

Gosh, that hadn't occurred to me.

CovisGod

I haven't seen many people on here getting too carried away, if I'm honest it's actually quite the opposite,

I said in another thread I thought we'd turned a corner and I got shot down for that so god forbid anyone say they think we'll win the league !

Last edited:
W

westcountry_skyblue

Oh do fuck off mate let us enjoy a night,Did you go today?

W

westcountry_skyblue

The op we don't get much to shout about,I thought every player earned their wages today!!!

CovisGod

Totally agree, it's about time we got some positivity round here, I know we've not had much reason for a lot of years but let's get behind the team and drum up some positivity. The players said themselves how much it helped last weekend when we were all up singing and cheering

Ashdown

You have to laugh but this US bloke doing well in the golf today must be a Cov fan ??......................Boo Weekley ?

Skyblue4u

So the terrible pre-season is forgotten then? Players want to come to Cov The Next Southampton

Yep, two games in and feet planted firmly on the floor

Oh and nothing wrong with feeling positive but........... two games gone

chiefdave

So the terrible pre-season is forgotten then? Players want to come to Cov The Next Southampton

Pre-season is always forgotten as soon as the season starts as there are now games that actually mean something to use as a reference.

There's 16 days until the transfer windows closes. If there is a player we are after but have competition from other teams it is to our advantage that we are playing well, it might push a player towards coming to play for us rather than elsewhere.

skybluedan

People do get carried away but ffs let em , I'd be rather getting carried away thinking we are gonna win the champions league in 5 years than thinking we will be non league Fans are happy for once so let them

lifeskyblue

Enjoy the moment. It goes tits up all too quickly as a Cov fan.

Yes it might not end in promotion. But I honestly can't see us worrying about relegation come may. Let's enjoy while we can and hope we are still in this mood at the he end of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Of course the pre-season forgotten.

1. It was meaningless, as are all friendlies

and

2. TM was still completing his squad and was looking for a striker. We now have Armstrong.

The pre-season is very much forgotten. Let's just enjoy being top of the table eh!!

Only 2 games in, but the balance looks right, we've had 2 clean sheets and are scoring goals for fun. Very hard to be anything but optimistic.

stevefloyd

For once and obviously after only 2 games ..3 if you include the rochdale game we have maybe a chink of light at the end of the tunnel so lets relish this and enjoy being optimistic if only for a short time but long may it continue. .. pusb

NorthernWisdom

Totally agree, it's about time we got some positivity round here, I know we've not had much reason for a lot of years but let's get behind the team and drum up some positivity. The players said themselves how much it helped last weekend when we were all up singing and cheering

The problem comes when it swings to the opposite end and it becomes over-negative, Mowbray OUT and we're all DOOOMED I tells ya, if we fade down to mid-table.

Mid-table and a few goals would still be a decent season given recent times, so not entirely sure keeping feet on the ground needs to be met with quite the reaction this thread has got.

Bet Mowbray says similar to his players after all, not to get carried away as it's only two games...

Samo

Nobody is seriously suggesting on the strength of 2 games that we are going to win the league, they are simply enjoying an unfamiliar feeling and hoping it lasts as long as possible.

skybluetony176

The problem comes when it swings to the opposite end and it becomes over-negative, Mowbray OUT and we're all DOOOMED I tells ya, if we fade down to mid-table.

Mid-table and a few goals would still be a decent season given recent times, so not entirely sure keeping feet on the ground needs to be met with quite the reaction this thread has got.

Bet Mowbray says similar to his players after all, not to get carried away as it's only two games...

In his post match interview on CWR TM was most definitely not getting carried away. Played down the result from the off saying we had good spells and was quick to point out that when he was at Middlesbrough they were top of the league twice come new years day and then didn't even make the play offs. He's very grounded and I'm sure will keep the team grounded also. Not sure he can do the same for all the fans though. We're the most fickle fans in the country remember ;). Anyhow, Mowbray out ;)

covcity4life

As mowbray has said already his biro teams were top at new years day and missed playoffs so of course it means nothing concrete

But ffs we are top of the league and if anyone in the country deserves to be happy it's us so stop being miserable and enjoy this!

st john

Our target ATM should be to stay in the top 6, or stay in close contention. This is very achievable if we can stay relatively injury free, and / or add to the squad with similar quality players. It wouldn't put too much expectation on the team's shoulders but it would be a major step forward.

Users who are viewing this thread