Wallace...Keane…Armstrong (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

So many errors and inaccuracies in this article ...

Clarrie Bourton a striker in the top flight?

In the top flight for four decades?

Ernie Hunt a great striker? he got 45 goals in 146 games. George Hudson got 62 in 113.

"he is now under unbelievable pressure. I keep using the word ‘pressure’ because it’s a word and action that shouldn’t befall a young lad." - young people can handle pressure much better than older folks.

"Bobby Gould, Ian Wallace, Dion Dublin all went on to bigger and better things" - they all scored more goals for Coventry than any other club. What bigger and better things did any of them achieve after leaving CCFC?

Skybluefaz

Well that is just not true Gazolba. I used Clarrie Bourton in the context of great CCFC strikers and I shouldn't have associated him with top flight football I agree. Ernie Hunt was and still us one of the most recognizable top flight strikers we had.

George Hudson didn't play top flight for the Sky Blues, Hunt did. So there is an 'inaccuracy' of your own. Can they really handle pressure better? Armstrong is a young lad, around the same age of myself, I know I wouldn't want to be burdened with lots of expectation.

Finally, Gould, Wallace, and Dublin all moved to bigger clubs in Arsenal, Nottingham Forest, and Aston Villa.

I appreciate you reading the article but it seems that you've ignored the bulk of the text and chosen to unnecessarily criticize parts of the article, some of which I stand by.

'So many errors and inaccuracies' is complete bollocks pal and I suggest you read the article again.

I put no more expectation on Adam Armstrong than I ever did with any other Coventry city striker. If anything, our elevated league position has highlighted the lack of goals in the rest of the team. Players like Maddison, Fleck and Fortune etc should have benefitted from the extra space created by defenders giving Armstrong so much attention. The goals return though has been shite.

Nick

Administrator
I put no more expectation on Adam Armstrong than I ever did with any other Coventry city striker. If anything, our elevated league position has highlighted the lack of goals in the rest of the team. Players like Maddison, Fleck and Fortune etc should have benefitted from the extra space created by defenders giving Armstrong so much attention. The goals return though has been shite.
That would mean other players filling the box though!

Users who are viewing this thread