Gossipmongers to lighten the mood (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Randomly found this on Spotify and it's hilarious.

Joe Wilkinson and David Earl (From Derek and Afterlife) basically reading out funny stories. Literally the sort of stories you would hear in the pub.

Need something lighter as it's fucking depressing.

clint van damme

Randomly found this on Spotify and it's hilarious.

Joe Wilkinson and David Earl (From Derek and Afterlife) basically reading out funny stories. Literally the sort of stories you would hear in the pub.

Need something lighter as it's fucking depressing.

Got put on to it by Skybluedaz. I'm a little underwhelmed by the new series, they got rid of Poppy Hillstead and it's got a bit acrimonious and it's like they're trying too hard to prove it was the right decision.

It's still good but I think it's missing something. Try the first 3 series.

clint van damme

Where are they? I can only find the latest one on Spotify.

i listen to all of them on Spotify. Just checked, they're gone, that's shit because I like to revisit them.
I'd imagine it's something to do with the acrimonious split I mentioned in my earlier post.

Nick

Administrator
Ah what happened, did they have a fall out?

The only thing I wasn't sure about is if David Earl is trying too hard when he laughs or if it's natural.

The stories though (especially in the latest one) are amazing.

clint van damme

Ah what happened, did they have a fall out?

The only thing I wasn't sure about is if David Earl is trying too hard when he laughs or if it's natural.

The stories though (especially in the latest one) are amazing.

apparently they dumped her via her agent and she was pissed off because she considered them friends and they didn't tell her to her face.
It's strange. I didn't think she brought a great deal to the show but there's definitely something missing with her gone.

She's got a new podcast which people were saying is hilarious, I listened to one and it was shite.

Nick

Administrator
I find it hard to find things that actually make me laugh, they need to be quite dry and witty so some of the stories have me pissing myself in the car.

Some of them seem a bit try hard.

clint van damme

I find it hard to find things that actually make me laugh, they need to be quite dry and witty so some of the stories have me pissing myself in the car.

Some of them seem a bit try hard.

Daz put me on to it during lock down and I'd listen to it on my daily walk and I'd be pissing myself walking round the park getting some strange looks.
I listened to it on my bike once but it was dangerous trying to concentrate when laughing. It doesn't look as though you can get series 1 to 3 anywhere at the moment. Hopefully they sort that out and get them back up.

The current episodes are still funnier than most things out there at the moment in my opinion even if they're not quite what they were so at least there's them to listen to.

Nick

Administrator
Daz put me on to it during lock down and I'd listen to it on my daily walk and I'd be pissing myself walking round the park getting some strange looks.
I listened to it on my bike once but it was dangerous trying to concentrate when laughing. It doesn't look as though you can get series 1 to 3 anywhere at the moment. Hopefully they sort that out and get them back up.

The current episodes are still funnier than most things out there at the moment in my opinion even if they're not quite what they were so at least there's them to listen to.

Thats rubbish as Id have liked to listen to the earlier ones :(

Had the latest one in the car yesterday, the "Wank House"

giphy.gif

clint van damme

Now it's going to be like when you are in the pub and everybody is talking about a night out you didn't go on.

I need to find the older ones :) Even on here they seem to have removed all trace of the older ones - Gossipmongerspodcast is creating podcast and videos | Patreon

I was going to mention a few more to Hill but thought that it would be rubbing salt into the wound.
Got a feeling Poppy has put the kibosh on having the old episodes accessible, a woman scorned eh?

Nick

Administrator
I was going to mention a few more to Hill but thought that it would be rubbing salt into the wound.
Got a feeling Poppy has put the kibosh on having the old episodes accessible, a woman scorned eh?

Nah it's fine, I can do that uncomfortable laugh like I know what you are on about and go home and sob.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Got put on to it by Skybluedaz. I'm a little underwhelmed by the new series, they got rid of Poppy Hillstead and it's got a bit acrimonious and it's like they're trying too hard to prove it was the right decision.

It's still good but I think it's missing something. Try the first 3 series.
They way they bumped her off was very sneaky
She has a podcast called poppy Hillstead has entered the chat I’ve not had a chance to listen to it yet but it’s supposed to be very good

clint van damme

They way they bumped her off was very sneaky
She has a podcast called poppy Hillstead has entered the chat I’ve not had a chance to listen to it yet but it’s supposed to be very good

I listened to an episode of her podcast mate I wasn't impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread