Google Stadia (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

I've been keeping tabs on it but I'm sceptical about the lag that you'd get even if your connection is top-notch. If someone uses Playstation Now or the Xbox equivalent and it runs like a dream they should be ok with this, but it's not for me

ccfc92

I've been keeping tabs on it but I'm sceptical about the lag that you'd get even if your connection is top-notch. If someone uses Playstation Now or the Xbox equivalent and it runs like a dream they should be ok with this, but it's not for me

I played RDR1 on Now as part of the free trial, awful lag on it. But that was Sky broadband tbf...

ajsccfc

I've seen so many people cancelling pre-orders, don't remember a launch as bodged as this since SimCity

As Google barrels forward toward streaming gaming with Monday's planned launch of Stadia, the company is talking about the many promised features that won't be available to Founder and Premier pre-order purchasers on day one.

• "On day 1, PC Chrome gameplay won't support 4K, HDR, or 5.1 Surround Sound." Those features will be added in 2020 for PC players.
  • Stream Connect, which allows one player's Stadia viewpoint to be integrated with another player's stream, will not be available in any launch games. The first game to use it is expected to launch by the end of the year.
  • State Share (which lets users share save files via links) and Crowd Play (which allows for quick jump-in multiplayer through a YouTube stream) won't be integrated into games until next year.
  • At launch, Google Assistant integration will be limited to the ability to turn on the TV and start a game. Soon after launch, the Assistant button on the Stadia controller will work on Chromecast's Stadia homescreen. Assistant support on PCs and phones and during gameplay will come sometime after that.
  • Family Sharing (which lets you buy a game once and share it with accounts held by family members) "is not supported on day one, so you’ll have to buy games for your child’s account." The feature is planned for addition "early next year."
  • There is no Stadia UI for Achievements or Achievement notifications on day one. But if you happen to perform an in-game feat that would earn a specific Achievement, it will show up when the feature is rolled out "shortly after launch."
  • Chromecast Ultra units included in the Founders/Premiere bundles are the only ones that will work with Stadia on day one. Other Chromecast Ultra units will be able to play Stadia games after an over-the-air update "soon after launch."
  • The "Buddy Pass" that lets early adopters offer a free three-month Stadia trial to a friend will be sent "about two weeks after you receive your bundle, barring some unknown unknowns popping up."
  • Currently, "the phone is needed for initial setup and buying games." Buying games through a Chromecast Ultra or the Web is not supported, and the AMA gave no indication if or when it would be added.

Users who are viewing this thread