Good response from Freddy (1 Viewer)

Skybluedar

I am glad to see Freddy finally get his act together
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...ems-between-me-and-andy-thorn-92746-30147349/

He has admitted that he wasn't fit enough, that there was no spat with him and the manager and that he is going to work hard to get into the shape that he needs to be in. It is good to see that AT can get a positive response from the players. We need players that can potentially give us a big of magic to do it, now more than ever.

I for one, looking around at recent results from other teams, as they get battered, think we are only a few goals away from points. Freddy, Nimely, Platt and someone else?

wingy

Deeds not words Freddy,while i rate him and don't think he's been managed well in all his time here, he owes us,whether he's looking to the summer or not

PhilWasn'tBabb

Come on, its all too little too late for me, he's just interest in getting himself a new contract from another club next season.

torchomatic

I don't care as long as he nets a few. That's all that matters at the end of the day. Well, at the end of the game, anyway.

chiefdave

hard to judge this without knowing the motive. could be that he thought he'd have a few offers for a new contract and now he's seeing no one interested he wants to get some games in to get another contract with someone and sit around for another few years. it shouldn't take a professional sportsman 6 months to work out he's not fit and needs to do something about it!!

Skybluedar

hard to judge this without knowing the motive. could be that he thought he'd have a few offers for a new contract and now he's seeing no one interested he wants to get some games in to get another contract with someone and sit around for another few years. it shouldn't take a professional sportsman 6 months to work out he's not fit and needs to do something about it!!

Every player plays with a motive of some sort. Even if it is purely with the thought of getting a new club for next season in mind, any goals in a Sky Blues shirt count towards our goals tally and perhaps our survival. Who knows what might happen. Lets get behind all the players, minus the one's that SISU will ultimately sell during the window! PUSB

covcity4life

finnally both thorn and freddy see sense(although i doubt freddy was too overweight to play personally)

lets hope he can go on a 4-5 match goal streak like he has in the past

Nonleagueherewecome

finnally both thorn and freddy see sense(although i doubt freddy was too overweight to play personally)

lets hope he can go on a 4-5 match goal streak like he has in the past

Freddy...is that you?

bamalamafizzfazz

At least as he is out of contract at the end of the season if he does kick start his season now SISU won't be making any money on him in the summer. If he had played since the start of the season and was in double figures at this point we would be unhappy about SISU selling on another asset.

It's been a tough ride for Freddie and now Juke is gone he has the opportunity to be the main man up front.

Good luck Freddie.

Sky Blue Sheepy

As many have said, it's a bit late for the words. However, I am happy to see him back in the team - he has scored goals when he has a run in the team and funnily enough, we could do with some of those atm. We do create enough chances so I say give him a run.

Nonleagueherewecome

I think it's been an incredibly easy ride for Freddy, actually. If I stopped trying at my job, I wouldn't be getting paid any more! And I'd be fired in well under 6 months, I can tell you.

coop

Let's all thank Freddie for saying I'm going to get fit and try what a fecking money grabbing waste of space well Freddie your 6 months to fecking late we are bottom of the league with little hope of staying up and you have been enjoying your 8k a week for sitting on your arse.I was a supporter of eastwoods until last year when I watched 1 game and he is one lazy b##tard.Thanks for feckall freddie

coop

A tough ride for freddie what a joke 8k a week for being unfit and not bothered.No wonder we are in this mess he should of been sacked I for one carnt wait to see the waste of space gone.

bamalamafizzfazz

A tough ride for freddie what a joke 8k a week for being unfit and not bothered.No wonder we are in this mess he should of been sacked I for one carnt wait to see the waste of space gone.

I didn't mean he has been hard done to as I agree most of it is his own doing. It is all well and good saying this player earns this much money what has he got to moan about but surely the events over the last few months with Gary Speed/ Leon McKenzie and now Dean Windass go to show that money isn't everything.
We don't know what has happened (if anything has) in Freddie's life that has had an affect on his career and most likely never will. All we do know is that he has never achieved what we the fans expected from him as a player for Coventry City for some reason or another and right now we need players like him to stand up and be counted which hopefully reading this latest interview he is ready to do.

coop

So super Freddie has played 40 minutes all season.Now people expect him to save our shit season hes been getting 8k a week (if rumours are right) not sure how much that works out per minutes but I bet it's a good wack.I just think he should have been given two choices at the start of pre season training get fit or feckoff as we couldve got two players in on 4k a week to help out our young and small squad.I wish Freddie comes in and bangs goals in for fun but some how I just carnt see it happening.

The CableGuy

Good response? Seriously? Its good that after 6 months, he's realised that he needs to pull his finger out and suck the gut in?

Words are cheap. What we need from him is action, and GOALS! That would be a good, if late, response

He needs to do it, not just for CCFC but for Freddy Eastwood as well.

Skybluedar

Good response? Seriously? Its good that after 6 months, he's realised that he needs to pull his finger out and suck the gut in?

Words are cheap. What we need from him is action, and GOALS! That would be a good, if late, response

He needs to do it, not just for CCFC but for Freddy Eastwood as well.

Agreed, he is not even 30, if he wants to see out the remainder of what is a short career in football, he must get his act together. I would say something else going on off the field (eating a lot being one of them) had something to do with it. Perhaps he will come back better than ever.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Sorry Freddy. It just doesn't wash with me. Too old in the tooth to see through guys like you. You were a waste of space when we signed you and I always said from the begining that you would be no good for us. Can't wait to see the back of you!

mark82

Sorry Freddy. It just doesn't wash with me. Too old in the tooth to see through guys like you. You were a waste of space when we signed you and I always said from the begining that you would be no good for us. Can't wait to see the back of you!

Have we got anyone better at the moment?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Yeah! Anyone who actually gives a fuck about playing for the club! Eastwood is a waste of good breathing oxygen!

Grendel

At least as he is out of contract at the end of the season if he does kick start his season now SISU won't be making any money on him in the summer. If he had played since the start of the season and was in double figures at this point we would be unhappy about SISU selling on another asset.

It's been a tough ride for Freddie and now Juke is gone he has the opportunity to be the main man up front.

Good luck Freddie.

Eastwood should take up hypnotism he seems to be able to create an illusion he is some kind of super hero. Truth is he is unprofessional, washed up and has achieved nothing at this level.

Tough ride for Freddie? No, tough ride for us having one of our highest paid players sitting out the season when the squad has never been so depleted. Thorn is in my view not up to the job but I give him credit for saying what many have suspected for a long time. Eastwood thinks only of himself. His agent has probably woken him from his food fest and reminded him he needs some other mug is six months to keep his gargantuan appetite satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread