Good News Statistics (1 Viewer)

ConnorDevine

After the doom and gloom of yesterday let's get some perspective and stop acting as if our season is dead and gone.

Last season we finished with 49 goals, we have already scored 47 this season, 19 games before the end of the season.

Armstrong is still the leagues top goalscorer with 16, clear by 3 goals. last season our top scorer was Nouble with 6.

Last season we finished with 55 points, we're only 7 points off that tally now with 19 games still to play.

We've only conceded 27 goals this season, last year we conceded 60, for us to match that this year we'd need to conceded 1.7 goals for all our remaining fixtures

Now I know last season is hardly a target but all of this shows just how much fantastic progress we've made in under a year, stop crying over spilt milk and get behind the team.

Perryccfc

This thing is people expectations raise. It's Natural to be disappointed. But some of the doom and gloom is embarrassing.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Our stats this season are impressive. But stats don't always win you things ie games or promotion.

No doubting it's a better season than last, for multiple reasons, but if we don't start picking up more points we will fall behind the top two and it'd be a very nervous day out at Wembley, which id still take, after the previous years I've been a supporter (haven't been many positives over those years)

Otis

After the doom and gloom of yesterday let's get some perspective and stop acting as if our season is dead and gone.

Last season we finished with 49 goals, we have already scored 47 this season, 19 games before the end of the season.

Armstrong is still the leagues top goalscorer with 16, clear by 3 goals. last season our top scorer was Nouble with 6.

Last season we finished with 55 points, we're only 7 points off that tally now with 19 games still to play.

We've only conceded 27 goals this season, last year we conceded 60, for us to match that this year we'd need to conceded 1.7 goals for all our remaining fixtures

Now I know last season is hardly a target but all of this shows just how much fantastic progress we've made in under a year, stop crying over spilt milk and get behind the team.
And I am still very confident of getting into the play-offs. Now not so confident of top two though, not unless we can change things round and bring in reinforcements.

Perryccfc

And I am still very confident of getting into the play-offs. Now not so confident of top two though, not unless we can change things round and bring in reinforcements.

Agree with Otis I think for top 2 we need to strengthen and hope the teams above lose players, Dack, Sawyers, Bradshaw etc

stevefloyd

If we were to lose Maddison I really don't think it will be a catastrophic loss because I don't see him being a major cog for us whereas Sawyers etc would be major losses for our competitors.. we could replace Maddison far more easily atm he is a great prospect and in the past few games since injury he has rescued/won some points for us.. IF it meant losing our great British prospect and we could replace with 2 or even 3 more influential players I would take that right now...in the meantime lets enjoy Maddison et al whilst they are still here ...ramble over

Otis

If we were to lose Maddison I really don't think it will be a catastrophic loss because I don't see him being a major cog for us whereas Sawyers etc would be major losses for our competitors.. we could replace Maddison far more easily atm he is a great prospect and in the past few games since injury he has rescued/won some points for us.. IF it meant losing our great British prospect and we could replace with 2 or even 3 more influential players I would take that right now...in the meantime lets enjoy Maddison et al whilst they are still here ...ramble over
Tend to agree.

The game on Tuesday for Walsall revolved around Sawyers. Everything went through him. Maddison is not that type of player and I do think we could strengthen in other areas and not miss Maddison as much as Walsall would miss Sawyers.

Users who are viewing this thread