Good news Premiership winger about to sign (1 Viewer)

Hadenough

Bad news......its Ashley Young!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

worst performance I have seen in an England shirt since......him V Ukraine /him V Sweden/ him V France

4 straight bad performances so we let him take a pen:confused:

Otis

Just don't get it.

He was dreadful for 4 matches in a row and yet still kept getting picked.

pusbccfc

Milner was far worse, they used him for defensive back up...
Yet Johnson got forward more?

Why didn't they swap them round!

CCFC123

Young showed that he is fine in low pressure games but when it comes to the crunch hasen't got a heart for it.

Wouldn't be too surprised if his pathetic effort in euro 2012 will damage his england career. Adam Johnson's a better player but needs to get to a club where he will play regularly. If Milner is the best we have avaialble on the right hand side then English football is at rock bottom.... Glen Johnson's a joke as well can't do the basics of football and pass the bloody thing. Johnson must have the stat of the highest miss hit passes and losing possesion in the whole of the teams in the competition. Walker at Spurs wont give him a look in moving forward.

Otis

He was much, much better than James Milner.

I am absolutely stunned that anyone could come to that conclusion. Yes, Milner was quite poor, but defensively he was much better and he did put in a couple of really good crosses. Not excusing him and he wasn't good enough for sure.

Young though, did nothing but give the ball away, lose possession, not beat players, not put crosses into the box and not at all defend well.

Milner was poor, but was at least 10 times better than Young. Young was shocking. Well, well short of what is required to be an international footballer at this level.

He should never pull on the England jersey again.

Milner was okay for one or two games and very poor in the other two, Young was abysmal for 4 games in a row.

Gaz

I agree with you Otis that Even though Milner was poor, he was miles better than Young.

But I wouldn't go as far to say that he should never pull on an England jersey again.

He was much, much better than James Milner.

I am absolutely stunned that anyone could come to that conclusion. Yes, Milner was quite poor, but defensively he was much better and he did put in a couple of really good crosses. Not excusing him and he wasn't good enough for sure.

Young though, did nothing but give the ball away, lose possession, not beat players, not put crosses into the box and not at all defend well.

Milner was poor, but was at least 10 times better than Young. Young was shocking. Well, well short of what is required to be an international footballer at this level.

He should never pull on the England jersey again.

Milner was okay for one or two games and very poor in the other two, Young was abysmal for 4 games in a row.

wingy

I'm coming to the oppinion that although it sounds self defeating , we need to utilise players younger and hungrier for" IT" ,before they get on the Prem gravy train ,from clubs like Everton, Newcastle ,Fulham,Stoke Etc,while they're still hungry and hav''nt hit the Big one ,IE; Massive salary to mostly benchwarm for some overseas Sulker like Nasri,You could see it meant so much more to Carrol +Welbeck,Milner was in that catagory a couple of years back .

Otis

i think Young'ss fine against lesser opposition, Gaz, but when he comes up against the good sides he doesn't even seem able to beat a player. For that reason I cannot see the point in just picking him for games against lesser opposition. Would much rather have Johnson and Walcott or Chamberlain on the flanks.

If we can get Wilshere and Kyle Walker back in the side I don't think we'll have a bad team at all.

Gaz

Tbf to Milner, he would be more effective in the centre.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

All of the United players - Young, Welllbeck and Rooney were terrible. Way, way, way short of what was needed.

Milner was average. He's an average player; greatly out of his class in an international tournament of this magnitude

SkyBlue_Bear83

So what team would we like to see put together for the WC qualifiers?

For me
---------Hart
Walker--Jagielka--Lescott--Cole
---Cleverly--Gerrard--Wilshere
--Johnson-----Rooney-----Young

Young had a piss poor tournament but he was probably our most in form player going into the tournament, lets see how he does next season at Utd before we write him off. Most of our attacking players were poor as everytime we had possession we were trying something spectacular as we knew it could be another 20 mins before we see the ball again.
Players like Henderson, Downing, Carroll, Kelly shouldn't have been at the tournament imo. Also I don't think Parker is good enough at international level, good work rate but that is about it. Overhit many simple passes last night.
I also think Walcott is not good enough, especially in a 4-4-2 as he is playing in front of the full back and the position requires intelligence and technique which he doesn't have. If he plays it has to be in a 4-3-3 getting him in behind the full back and towards the byline, that said I don't think he should be in the squad.

Sky Blue Sheepy

What has Rooney done in 3 tournaments now? Nothing. Missed 3 sitters before his stunning 1yrd goal vs Ukraine. Carroll and Welbeck earned their goals. Young was at least doing the business in the build up. Milner should not be allowed near our wings when Walcott and the Ox are waiting on the bench.
That said, none of our players are world beaters but at least those 2 showed some desire and ability.

Sutty

All of the United players - Young, Welllbeck and Rooney were terrible. Way, way, way short of what was needed.

Milner was average. He's an average player; greatly out of his class in an international tournament of this magnitude

Very harsh on Welbeck - thought he was our best striker and performed pretty well.

Brighton Sky Blue

It was not a mistake for us to soak pressure and go for a counter attacking strategy-the mistake was that all we did was soak pressure and when we did counter, it wasn't done with the pace and urgency that the likes of Germany are experts at. Countless times when we had counter attacking opportunities nowhere near enough men got forward in support which led to isolated strikers losing possession one way or another. The likes of Young and Walcott should have been perfect for such a role (and did provide this support occasionally), but the central pairing of Parker and Gerrard were so knackered from their role in breaking up the play that it was frequently 4 against 6 or 7 when we attacked.

stupot07

Sone good points there Brighton, I'd like to add.

Germany play 4231 and we were playing a 442/4411, and we were soaking up pressure deeper than the Germans and other decent counter attacking sides. Its all about players starting positions, when under pressure our midfield 4 were in a line deep effectively 18-25 yards from our goal, in the 4231 podolski and muller's starting positions are 10-15 yards further forward meaning they can get up and counter attack quickly.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree with that Stupot-the counter attacking strategy falls apart if you can't get men forward quick enough or in sufficient numbers.

Sutty

Sone good points there Brighton, I'd like to add.

Germany play 4231 and we were playing a 442/4411, and we were soaking up pressure deeper than the Germans and other decent counter attacking sides. Its all about players starting positions, when under pressure our midfield 4 were in a line deep effectively 18-25 yards from our goal, in the 4231 podolski and muller's starting positions are 10-15 yards further forward meaning they can get up and counter attack quickly.

This is true. All about priorities.

For me Franck Ribery and Cristiano Ronaldo are the classic examples. Neither of them track the run of their full back, which can leave their sides open defensively, but when their team wins the ball the winger is in the perfect position to start a counter.

Brighton Sky Blue

We seemed to be mimicking the Coleman tactic of having everybody back for corners too-seem to remember Welbeck putting in clearing headers in his own 6 yard box at some point. It's just overwhelmingly defensive and gives you with nothing to start an effective counter attack with.

CCFC123

youngs performances made me sick. guy who i work with went to the france and sweden games and he said young was spineless and let the country down.

he simply shit himself on the big stage and doubt he will be seen as the answer moving forward.....

SkyBlue_Bear83

Think Portugal showed properly how you should play against a better side who have better players than you. Was a brilliant performance from them and they were unlucky to lose.

Users who are viewing this thread