Good news for us but bad for others. (1 Viewer)

Kieranp96

Listening to darragh macanthonys podcast it seems he has accepted the fact the league will be called at the vote next week and his Peterborough United will be league one and tramere will be league 2.

Shame the way Peterborough has been ran the past 5 years is amazing and have no doubt they will be in the championship at some point.

Oh well beers at the ready for me promotion via vote or games is promotion, enjoy yours.

Last edited:

Magwitch

Listening to darragh macanthonys podcast it seems he has accepted the fact the league will be called at the vote next week and his Peterborough United will be league one and tramere will be league 2.

Shame the way Peterborough has been ran the past 5 years is amazing and have no doubt they will be in the championship at some point.

Oh well beers at the ready for me promotion via vote or games is promotion, enjoy yours.
Well they have threw plenty of money at it and not really got anywhere near. Stepping back and looking at their recent history how the hell they appoint Darren Ferguson,again, as manager and expect to succeed is beyond me.

skyblue1991

Well they have threw plenty of money at it and not really got anywhere near. Stepping back and looking at their recent history how the hell they appoint Darren Ferguson,again, as manager and expect to succeed is beyond me.
The myth of Darren Ferguson... he was only good when his dad was Man Utd manager as gave him first pickings of the available loan players

pastythegreat

He also said at the start of the season "If Posh arent promoted, he'll step aside and sell the club"! Will that still stand as they wasnt given the opportunity to get promoted? Does anyone think they had it in them to go up if it did carry on? I dont! For me, I thought Pompey and Rotherham would of been the 2 clubs going up with us personally!
To have 3 of the best strikers in the league in your team and by far the best goals for, but also, 10 losses and the worst goals against in the top 10 teams. It's that reason, I didnt see them going up.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Kieranp96

They haven't thrown a load of money about they have made much more than they have invested that's for sure.

shepardo01

He also said at the start of the season "If Posh arent promoted, he'll step aside and sell the club"! Will that still stand as they wasnt given the opportunity to get promoted? Does anyone think they had it in them to go up if it did carry on? I dont! For me, I thought Pompey and Rotherham would of been the 2 clubs going up with us personally!
To have 3 of the best strikers in the league in your team and by far the best goals for, but also, 10 losses and the worst goals against in the top 10 teams. It's that reason, I didnt see them going up.

Magwitch, "they" are Peterborough.
Pasty, yes, I do think thet had it in them!... provided Toney stayed in their side.
Their recent little blip, which was in between a long streak of wins, coincided with Toney missing two/three games with injury/suspension. As soon as he was back, they won games, without looking, most of them! He does seem to be a cut above at this level and a difference between teams.
To be fair, Mr MacAnthony has every right to feel aggreived mainly due to the Wycombe issue - game in hand taking them above Posh and shifting them out of play offs.... with game in hand being against us!!
I have been wishing he would pipe down in the media, mainly for our own benefit as it is clear the EFL, to some extent have listened to him!.... but I would have certainly wanted Dave Boddy to have done the same for us were we in the same position!
I think the 2nd promotion spot would have been between them and Oxford. Oxford were also flying, winning game after game after a blip where a couple of their best midfielders were missing.
Rotherham had started to drop points left right and centre.... hence the gap opening up between us and them.
Would have been a cracking (and very nerve wracking!!!) end of season!!

wingy

I reckon there may be a fair chance Fleetwood got into second spot .
Peterborough could have possibly done it at Wembley ,but a bit of a lottery tbh.

Marty

Rotherham were finished, lost their best player (someone we should look at, can't remember is name but was on loan from Newcastle) and went to pieces, Wycombe were only going one way too.

Kieranp96

Rotherham were finished, lost their best player (someone we should look at, can't remember is name but was on loan from Newcastle) and went to pieces, Wycombe were only going one way too.
Last 2/3 weeks I actually was taking to friends saying that Rotherham were in reverse and I didn't think they would be with us in autos.

chiefdave

Wonder if he'll stick to his word and quit if they don't get promoted. I'm going to guess he won't.

mark82

I think they'd likely have made the playoffs. Lottery from there.

mark82

They got a much better deal for Asombalonga (sp) than we did for Wilson.

Not sure they did really. Signed for Peterborough for in excess of their previous record which was £1.1m. Sold a year later for £5m, which seems a nice profit until you take into account the reported 50% sell on clause that Watford had.

pastythegreat

I think they'd likely have made the playoffs. Lottery from there.
Yes, I believe they would of made the play offs, but a team that's conceded as many as they have and lost as many games as they have, it's a massive lottery for winning 3 games against the likes of Oxford and Pompey.

Users who are viewing this thread