Good Marketing again. (1 Viewer)

lewys33

Looks like the telegraph need to have a wank. Surely they Can't hide their hard-on all game?

chiefdave

That picture of the statue at the top of the article makes me so angry, just can't understand why so few people are upset about what is happening.

Also have to say Blaze have taken a big step down in my opinion having their mascot there.

theferret

That picture of the statue at the top of the article makes me so angry, just can't understand why so few people are upset about what is happening.

Also have to say Blaze have taken a big step down in my opinion having their mascot there.

For those that maintain that the Ricoh is our home and we belong there, I give you:

JS53377232.jpg

The sooner we get out the better. Can't stomach the wretched place.

Last edited:

Ashdown

Sad isn't it but we won't be playing anywhere else I fancy unless SISU piss off Wasps that much with their court actions they boot us out !?

Nick

Administrator

Safe to say it has been done on purpose to get him in?

stupot07

We at least Andy Goode realised his childhood dream of scoring at the ricoh....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Ashdown

Even I've scored at the Ricoh mate.....................stayed at the De Vere with the Mrs last year !!:p

Vedere

What's really 'sickening' is that Coventry have had to have Wasps come in to show them how to make best use of the stadium, how to interact well with fans, the press and sponsors. The mismanagement of Coventry City FC is the real shame. Why take this out on Wasps? People are obviously interested, of course media will cover this!

Moreover, a city with a good heritage of rugby, with a history of great quality rugby players we haven't had a team effective and professional enough in order to develop them in the 'professional' era. I say this from experience having played with Goode both at Barkers and Coventry. I left the club when I moved away and Barkers at the time had a more professional set up with regard, facilities, physios etc.

From my perspective it's sad it's come to this, but I hope local players now have a platform to develop in the city, without being lost to Leicester, Worcester or Gloucester.

chiefdave

What's really 'sickening' is that Coventry have had to have Wasps come in to show them how to make best use of the stadium, how to interact well with fans, the press and sponsors. The mismanagement of Coventry City FC is the real shame. Why take this out on Wasps? People are obviously interested, of course media will cover this!

Not really the case is it, there's been plenty of posts on here prior to Wasps turning up about how poor the marketing and PR is and how to make it better. No ones blaming Wasps for having PR, although it is a piss take when they claim they don't have a PR machine when they seem to be everywhere.

Moreover, a city with a good heritage of rugby, with a history of great quality rugby players we haven't had a team effective and professional enough in order to develop them in the 'professional' era. I say this from experience having played with Goode both at Barkers and Coventry. I left the club when I moved away and Barkers at the time had a more professional set up with regard, facilities, physios etc.

Maybe if all the locals who have suddenly realised they are huge rugby fans had been turning up at CRFC for years the problems you mention wouldn't exist.

Vedere

If all of the people turning up had been to see Coventry Rugby club play I'm pretty sure that money would have been squandered and mismanaged away, analogous to what's happened at City. It was a shambles when I was there.

From hearing stuff about Wasps they had 60 odd quid in the bank, were close to going to the wall etc. It's a) nice to see a club managed well b) give me hope that when City hit rock bottom, there will be a way back up, today is proof of that.

As for the PR, you're entitled to your opinion and I have the correct one ;-)

Grendel

If all of the people turning up had been to see Coventry Rugby club play I'm pretty sure that money would have been squandered and mismanaged away, analogous to what's happened at City. It was a shambles when I was there.

From hearing stuff about Wasps they had 60 odd quid in the bank, were close to going to the wall etc. It's a) nice to see a club managed well b) give me hope that when City hit rock bottom, there will be a way back up, today is proof of that.

As for the PR, you're entitled to your opinion and I have the correct one ;-)

So the fact that they lose millions a year is a sign of being managed well is it? Your a fucking moron .

Vedere

Oh, there's the weasel. Wondered how long it would be came along with an intelligent contribution.

As today was the first game in the stadium, with access to the increased revenue streams I'd say the financial management should be judge a little further down the line. However, the other aspects of management, that you're too 'moronic' to understand or consider are being managed very well in my opinion.

Grendel

Oh, there's the weasel. Wondered how long it would be came along with an intelligent contribution.

As today was the first game in the stadium, with access to the increased revenue streams I'd say the financial management should be judge a little further down the line. However, the other aspects of management, that you're too 'moronic' to understand or consider are being managed very well in my opinion.

Revenues don't equate to profit. As for good business strategy what you are effectively saying is that you support typical hedge fund business policy. Namely buy a distressed business on the cheap and become a parasite in the area. The fact it includes reducing a charities net investment in the asset by 50% means nothing to them. Losing millions a year means nothing to the hedge fund. Buying a distressed company in the first place (wasps) and doing nothing to address unpaid creditors means nothing to them assuring they will never move from the area means nothing to them.

They are a typical hedge fund unlike ours. If it goes wrong they will liquidate at a seconds notice. For some reason the football clubs doesn't.

You are a moron. You are on a football forum preaching Wasps propaganda - piss off.

Vedere

So the fact that they lose millions a year is a sign of being managed well is it? Your a fucking moron .

Revenues don't equate to profit. As for good business strategy what you are effectively saying is that you support typical hedge fund business policy. Namely buy a distressed business on the cheap and become a parasite in the area. The fact it includes reducing a charities net investment in the asset by 50% means nothing to them. Losing millions a year means nothing to the hedge fund. Buying a distressed company in the first place (wasps) and doing nothing to address unpaid creditors means nothing to them assuring they will never move from the area means nothing to them.

They are a typical hedge fund unlike ours. If it goes wrong they will liquidate at a seconds notice. For some reason the football clubs doesn't.

You are a moron. You are on a football forum preaching Wasps propaganda - piss off.

Took you ages to come back with something. Is the quick reply link not working? I guess that's appropriate that it has been disabled for you though.

Hardly Wasps propaganda. I'll let you believe that and vent at me if it makes you feel better, I'll carry the burden for your anger, you have a lot of it. Let it out!

Grendel

Took you ages to come back with something. Is the quick reply link not working? I guess that's appropriate that it has been disabled for you though.

Hardly Wasps propaganda. I'll let you believe that and vent at me if it makes you feel better, I'll carry the burden for your anger, you have a lot of it. Let it out!

What is interesting is that you have no reply to the point.

Are you one of the 80% of the wasps season ticket holders that wanted to move to Coventry as it was nearer than Wycombe?

martcov

For those that maintain that the Ricoh is our home and we belong there, I give you:

View attachment 4003

The sooner we get out the better. Can't stomach the wretched place.

we do belong in Cov and the Ricoh is the best stadium here. We need to make at least an attempt to get in with Wasps. Nothing against Nuneaton, but they have their own team.

Grendel

we do belong in Cov and the Ricoh is the best stadium here. We need to make at least an attempt to get in with Wasps. Nothing against Nuneaton, but they have their own team.

As far as rugby goes so did Coventry. I guess the A and E department was really overworked tonight with all that brick throwing.

Vedere

Are you one of the 80% of the wasps season ticket holders that wanted to move to Coventry as it was nearer than Wycombe?

I didn't reply to your diatribe from an A Level economics book because it was boring. Sorry old chap. Oops. That's the rugger bugger in me coming out. Righteo, one must go to complete The Sunday Times crossword. Toodle pip.

martcov

As far as rugby goes so did Coventry. I guess the A and E department was really overworked tonight with all that brick throwing.

I know what I would be doing if Nuneaton came with a bigger stadium than the Ricoh and thousands of fans - next plane home to protest. I am not interested in a rugby problems though, but the teams seem to be working something out - or at least there are no public protests - so I think all quiet at A & E. Plenty of paper aggro going on here though against people with other views than your own......

Grendel

I didn't reply to your diatribe from an A Level economics book because it was boring. Sorry old chap. Oops. That's the rugger bugger in me coming out. Righteo, one must go to complete The Sunday Times crossword. Toodle pip.

I think the Sunday sport crossword will be the limit to be fair.

Vedere

I think the Sunday sport crossword will be the limit to be fair.

That's quite funny. For you.

fernandopartridge

How's it going then mate?

Users who are viewing this thread