Godiva Survey (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Why would the Godiva make you think Cov is good for sport?? Almost like someone’s trolling CCC from inside.

Used it for its intended purpose: telling them they’ve made Godiva shit.

ccfcway

I may have missed something not living in cov, but (ccfc moving out aside) what major sporting events are happening in the city this year ?

shmmeee

I may have missed something not living in cov, but (ccfc moving out aside) what major sporting events are happening in the city this year ?

City of Sport isn't about spectator sports, it’s designed to get more people involved in being physically active. So it’s stuff like Go Ape at Coombe, The Wave, Park runs, footgolf at the memorial. There’s the Children’s Games I think. But again that’s about participation more than spectating.

In a similar way, I believe City of Culture is about people of the city being involved in cultural acts, not just putting some big bands/plays/exhibitions on. Though obviously it’s easier to coordinate arts events than large sporting ones.

Nick

Administrator
City of Sport isn't about spectator sports, it’s designed to get more people involved in being physically active. So it’s stuff like Go Ape at Coombe, The Wave, Park runs, footgolf at the memorial. There’s the Children’s Games I think. But again that’s about participation more than spectating.

In a similar way, I believe City of Culture is about people of the city being involved in cultural acts, not just putting some big bands/plays/exhibitions on. Though obviously it’s easier to coordinate arts events than large sporting ones.
But all the original photo opportunities were done at a wasps match with the council leader in a wasps scarf?

shmmeee

But all the original photo opportunities were done at a wasps match with the council leader in a wasps scarf?

Just relaying what I know about the contest/award. How people promote it is a different matter. 90% of the articles here are images of amateurs: Coventry - European City of Sport 2019 news | Coventry City Council

Regardless, the question was why aren’t there major sporting events being hosted, and that’s what my answer related to.

ccfcway

Just relaying what I know about the contest/award. How people promote it is a different matter. 90% of the articles here are images of amateurs: Coventry - European City of Sport 2019 news | Coventry City Council

Regardless, the question was why aren’t there major sporting events being hosted, and that’s what my answer related to.

not having a go at your response, however...

90% of the articles are. 1 of them is....

Coventry to host world sporting event | Coventry City Council

ironically, at the bottom....

Is there anything wrong with this page?

Yer, you wouldnt know that we have / had a major football club that "was" in covebntry and is still having an active part in the community in coventry

slyblue57

I do nt normally get involved in name calling Shmmeee but what is your job in the Council ?
Do you honestly believe that CCFC have nt been shafted ? Do you think Sport with no mention of the football team is ok ? Do u think Coventry City , a city of Rugby is fine ?
Pusb

ccfc1234

Not read the post but if the above comment from sly blue is true. Seriously wtf and it shows the local authorities clear hatred of the football club. Something from a constitutional perspective they can't do.

We took nearly 100,000 To Wembley in the last few seasons or did they miss that?

I more time goes by the more it's clear CCFC and the fans have been shafted by a few politicians who probably hate football or support another club. NOPM should be what we do to them.

dutchman

View attachment 12635

Godiva Festival | Let's Talk Coventry

The council are doing a godiva survey, part of which is a question about whether you think the area is great for sport (as a result of visiting the festival).

People might want to show there annoyance here. Petty? Maybe.

If you were to fill in all the answers there is enough information there to determine exactly who you are and where you live, by cross-referencing with other sources.

Users who are viewing this thread