Godiva Festival (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Worst line I think they've had and yet charging for it. Thought with City of culture they'd have stepped it up.

shmmeee

WTF when did they start charging?

Only Coventry could fuck up something as much as this.

rob9872

Price is good, but it started a couple of quid then a bit more now 12. Great value and shouldn't be funded via the council tax etc so applaud it, but it should never become like all the other festivals up and down the country and it's a slippery slope from here, not just cost but what it represents.

Otis

It still works out cheapish. £17.50 for a weekend ticket. I want to see Supergrass and the Fun Lovin Criminals and also local band, Candid, who are supposedly causing a bit of a stir. Friday will be comedy night too, so I will be going to that as well.

I do quite like some of Zuzu's stuff, so may give her a whirl too

As Hill says, I think it does eliminate a lot of the dregs of society from going.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Started after the Example masses who turned up, didn’t expect it, all about controlling numbers and managing properly, early bird tickets were £12.50 for the weekend, pretty good value.

Otis

Started after the Example masses who turned up, didn’t expect it, all about controlling numbers and managing properly, early bird tickets were £12.50 for the weekend, pretty good value.
I know, but it was a bit cheeky. You usually have the lineup and then can decide whether to go all three days, or be selective, but the early bird price finished and all the acts weren't announced at the time. It was just bits and pieces and I believe Supergrass announced on the very last day of the early bird price.

I forgot that evening, so just missed it.

pusbccfc

I don't mind paying and agree that it will help keep the trouble out. It is just a real shame that they haven't been able to attract the calibre of artists that they had in the few years before Covid. I am sure it is probably due to the last minute nature of it all. I don't think they will sell many tickets.

Tea & Busquets

only been to one godiva in my life back in the mid 2000’s not sure exactly what year, went as a toddler with my mum and dad, how much has it changed?

Otis

only been to one godiva in my life back in the mid 2000’s not sure exactly what year, went as a toddler with my mum and dad, how much has it changed?
Unfortunately, it was scaled right back this year, which is a shame, but at the same time, understandable, due to the pandemic and the late decision for it to be able to go ahead.

What has been sorely missed is the absence of stalls selling t-shirts and jewellery and brackets etc. Always there every festival, but this year, not one single stall to be found. No-one selling any goods at all, anywhere. It was just stages and food outlets, which was a shame.

Thought Selecter were very good yesterday, as was Zuzu. Thought she was excellent.

Back there today to go and see The Fun Lovin Criminals.😎

Have enjoyed it, but it has been scaled back quite a bit. No signs up to say which bands are playing which stage and when, no programmes and like I say, no shops or stalls to be found.

wingy

Unfortunately, it was scaled right back this year, which is a shame, but at the same time, understandable, due to the pandemic and the late decision for it to be able to go ahead.

What has been sorely missed is the absence of stalls selling t-shirts and jewellery and brackets etc. Always there every festival, but this year, not one single stall to be found. No-one selling any goods at all, anywhere. It was just stages and food outlets, which was a shame.

Thought Selecter were very good yesterday, as was Zuzu. Thought she was excellent.

Have enjoyed it, but it has been scaled back quite a bit. No signs up to say which bands are playing which stage and when, no programmes and like I say, no shops or stalls to be found.
Only£8 a pint I hear.

rob9872

I do miss the brackets. Got some decent hinges though :)

JAM See

Highlights, in no particular order.

Sophie Ellis Bexter
Supergrass
General Levy
The House thing on Saturday night
FLC
The vibe around the acoustic stage
The weather

Lowlights

The queue for beer on Saturday evening
Missing Candid and David Rodigan (both my own fault).
As Otis mentioned, no tat stalls, I love a tat stall at a festival.

Hope it goes back to early July next year though. Don't like it being during the football season (mitigated this year by the international break).

hill83

£12 well spent for my weekend ticket. I didn't even make it up there.

Sunk cost fallacy doesn't have an effect on me.

Otis

Highlights, in no particular order.

Sophie Ellis Bexter
Supergrass
General Levy
The House thing on Saturday night
FLC
The vibe around the acoustic stage
The weather

Lowlights

The queue for beer on Saturday evening
Missing Candid and David Rodigan (both my own fault).
As Otis mentioned, no tat stalls, I love a tat stall at a festival.

Hope it goes back to early July next year though. Don't like it being during the football season (mitigated this year by the international break).
I was a bit disappointed with Candid. Just thought they were okay.

I thought The Bad Divine were the better Cov band out of the two to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread