Transfer Rumour Godden (3 Viewers)

Samo

Yes, I know - they will just want the cash.

It’s the same reason you’d rather have a £20 note instead of £15 and a £5 Tesco voucher (I’m more of a Waitrose man, personally)
Show off!

pusbccfc

Genuinely think he would score loads in League 1 again

Offhegoes

Good club Charlton, and they've got Nathan Jones as manager now. I think they'll be a Promotion candidate next season.
Jones likes a physical side with plenty of balls into the box so I can imagine that would suit Godden.

Briles

surely he will go to Shrewsbury, with Kelly and Allen

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'll be honest at mot I was expecting a nominal fee of say 100k if Godden were to leave, if not free if we have a specific target in mind and need his wages.

skybluecam

Wouldn't that be typical - our sell on clause would be useless if Sporting got a smaller amount and two Chelsea rejects

Hopefully they wouldn't be silly enough to accept a small amount and two players who can't break into a mid table side when they could hold out for the money and get it
That wouldn't happen.

Players still have a value assigned to them in an exchange deal. We would then get the % of the overall value of the deal, not just the cash portion.

And it can even be beneficial for clubs to overvalue their players in such a deal (see the Barca - Juve Arthur/Pjanic farce) so maybe we'd benefit even more.

stevefloyd

I reckon he can score 20+ in league one. That’s worth £500k. He’s never relied on pace so if he stays fit he should have a good 3 years around that level

Mentioned before that Peterborough would be a good fit and as BSB mentioned, no reason he couldn’t be used as a part ex if they’re interested
Stay fit !!!! thats him knackered then

Users who are viewing this thread