Gosb

So it looks to me as though our goals were scored by
McNulty 28
Strikers 27
Midfield 27
Defence 5
Not a bad pattern

skyblue1991

We've lacked goals from midfield for a lo g time so it's nice to see that change this season.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Otis

But hang on, did we really get 27 goals from the midfield? You sure about that? Sounds an awful lot.

Mucca Mad Boys

5 goals from the defence are pretty poor. We played 48 league games before yesterday, scoring 1 goal! We need more goals from Willis and Grimmer et al. on a consistent basis!

Mucca Mad Boys

Goals from defense are bonuses. Even from an attacking fullback like Grimmer

Yes and no. Over a 46 game season, you need a better contribution than 1 goal from 8-odd players over 46 games. It's indicative that our set-pieces aren't effective and it's a clear area of improvement needed if we're to kick on in L1. If Willis or Grimmer could replicate that 2-3 times next season each, I'll be elated! Willis goal, in particular, was a thing of beauty from a centre back. I had to check again if that was him!

Otis

Yes and no. Over a 46 game season, you need a better contribution than 1 goal from 8-odd players over 46 games. It's indicative that our set-pieces aren't effective and it's a clear area of improvement needed if we're to kick on in L1. If Willis or Grimmer could replicate that 2-3 times next season each, I'll be elated! Willis goal, in particular, was a thing of beauty from a centre back. I had to check again if that was him!
Same here.

My thought was that, that was Willis, but how could it be and what the hell's he doing right up there?

What a strike!

Otis

Don't know about anyone else but where as last season the younger players seemed to be our downfall, this season the home grown youngsters have been the ones who have come good when needed.
We have correctly ditched the DKE's of this world and gone for better prospects.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I think goals from corners by most sides are getting less full stop .As soon as a player makes any sort of run around the penalty area they are blocked not just a straight block but deliberate push which outside the area would be deemed a foul referees consider it part and parcel of the game .It is not a foul is afoul wherever it is commited .

Johnnythespider

We were convinced the first goal was max until I checked my phone and saw the club's tweet saying it was Willis, should have gone to Specsavers. Just what was he doing up there and where has that finishing been hiding.

steve82

We all wanted our defence to chip in with goals to get us up.... who’d of thought it this way.

Willis morphed into a classy striker for 3 seconds!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread