Goals - where will they come from? (1 Viewer)

mark82

Goals are the one thing that separates the have’s and have nots in this division. we’ve only scored one goal in 8 games against the top 6 sides. The better team’s have that quality to score goals, which is the reason they’re the better teams, it comes at a price we can’t afford, hard work and good organisation only takes you so far, money takes you to the next level.

what I’m watching at the moment just emphasises what I’m saying.
we’ll not score tonight if we play until midnight.

We've recently failed to score against Luton, Huddersfield, Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke & Preston (as well as Reading tonight and Norwich in the cup). Who we've not scored against is making it all the more concerning.

Magwitch

James looks a decent player but I fear if we don't get an attacking midfielder in by the end of the month we are in deep trouble. If we labour through with O'Hare and Shipley supporting a single striker I think we will go down.
We have Bapaga, yes very young but comfortable on the ball and runs at defenders and unknown got to be worth a chance,

cc84cov

Asked it in pre season 19 games to go we’re still not sure where the goals are gonna come from

Magwitch

Where will they come from?

Godden eye Joe
Good question, first we have to get more shots off, we get in good central positions then end up out wide or back to a defender happens too many times also we need an out and out striker staying central getting amongst the central defence. We have players who can run at defences with the ball Bapaga a bit untried and admittedly young could now be worth a chance. I see Giles has scored again for Rotherham his strength was running at opponents

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Bumping this - it's becoming a real concern

Since Kelly's double in the Wycombe game, we've scored 7 goals in 13 games in all competitions. 1 of those was an OG vs Milwall

Really worry about the source of goals in the coming weeks. Our biggest threat realistically is Hamer from outside the box and Ostigard from a set piece

Users who are viewing this thread