Goal Mistakes (1 Viewer)

cov1987

Is it me but why is every goal we let in is always a soft goal school boy errors even AT says so every week, tell me why as an ex defender he cannot sort this out in training because if he can't then its time for change with someone who can.

Lord_Nampil

He also said last week and i quote "we have practiced in training seeing games out till the end".... yet later in the same interview said " we haven't trained all week because the pitch's have been frozen"

That was between the Blackpool and Ipswich game! Do you believe everything he says, cuz i don't...

CovKingChris

Facebook User
Cranie was definitely at fault for the first goal. And it's probably the 3rd or 4th time I've seen him make the same mistake of getting on the wrong side of the attacker, this season alone.

nicksig

Defending

I wouldn't blame Cranie for that one - Nimely gave the ball away cheaply and their player ran the length of the pitch without anyone getting remotely near him. Where did our midfield go to?

Cranie was definitely at fault for the first goal. And it's probably the 3rd or 4th time I've seen him make the same mistake of getting on the wrong side of the attacker, this season alone.

Lord_Nampil

You can train players as much as you like, individual errors are down to the player and not the coach

As much as your right, a decent coach would actually make his players better! Look at Lambet at Norwich virtually the se team they had in league 1 now a strong prem outfit!! If you can't make players better then why are u a coach/manager!!

So in my eyes yes the players can be to blame but if your coach/manager can't coach/manage then the players are not totally to blame!!!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
looked to me that on the first goal the following faults happened

the ball to Mcsheffery from Norwood was the wrong deciision
McSheffery should have made it harder for the defender to get the ball
McSheffery showed his "pace" and defensive weakness chasing back (we were playing 4:4:2 so he had to be able to defend)
Deagan let the guy run past him
Jordan Clarke ran along side and never tried to get in a challenge
Crainie came out and never got near the ball

Doesnt look like an individual error to me

Nor was the 2nd (- which was not offside AT). We didnt defend the cross, we gave away space and time, and then left a guy totally free in the D of the box. Clarke, Crainie, Keogh,(was it bell left midfield ?) please explain

neilyboy67

just watched the forest 1st goal on telly and it actually looks worse than when i saw it in the ground yesterday, what shocking ball control from sheff to give the ball away, and lets be honest only we could give someone the chance to score a goal that looked better than maradona in 86, where the fuck was the challenge???????????????

stupot07

OSB you can add Christie to the list for the second goal. Their striker got between him and keogh.

cov1987

i would have thought these individual mistakes could have been dealt with by on the training field and i would say would come down to the coach i mean look what was happening to sunderland when bruce was there pretty similar to us with no organisation on the pitch now they have brought in a new and decent coach them individual mistakes have been cut out, thats why we now need a change.

@richh87

Is it me but why is every goal we let in is always a soft goal school boy errors even AT says so every week, tell me why as an ex defender he cannot sort this out in training because if he can't then its time for change with someone who can.

Because they are school boys playing and making these mistakes...

They're not robots that thorn programs before sending them out.

Fucking Cannavaro could coach Clarke and he'd still make mistakes.

Grendel

Interesting you mention Clarke. Was his first choice last season as full back when keogh played there all season. Would have been this season as well had he been fit.

marcus87

cranie been alright this season and jordan clarke give away a few goals but cant blame him coming back from a long term injury we just need new owners simple as that

Astute

As much as your right, a decent coach would actually make his players better!!

All the players we have left are players other teams do not want. Why is that? We have sold our best players. To me he is getting nearly the best out of them. So most of us think we are left with good players that shouldn't make mistakes?

zimmerman

Norwood should have come across and stoped the run for 1st goal and keogh completely left there striker unmarked for 2nd goal he went towards cranie who was already marking there other forward

Godiva

cranie been alright this season and jordan clarke give away a few goals but cant blame him coming back from a long term injury we just need new owners simple as that

Can Hoffman play left back?

Even with new owners I doubt the manager would get enough money or be allowed to spend wages above the FFP regulation just to ensure the team doesn't lose quality when first and second choice in any position are both out injured.

Alex

Doesnt look like an individual error to me

Have to agree with that the whole defense fell apart when that striker made his run. Still, whoever thought Macca was going to catch up with him though?? He's not exactly the quickest striker we have anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread