Goal line Tecnology (1 Viewer)

canningt

Do you think we need goal line technology?

especially after Lampards "goal"

kg82

No. Why take away a massive part of the game - controversy. Let's face it, every football fan LOVES to moan about the officials and I personally think it would make the game a lot more boring to take those elements away from it.

im-confused

I think goal line technology will happen, however I don't think instant replays will happen like they do in rugby because that means that games can't be fixed anymore.

gouldberg

It's needed. Football seems to be the only sport ignorant enough to not use technology. It's used in Cricket, Tennis, Rugby, Basketball, American Football and to an extent F1 and Golf! Why is Football so holy that it does not need to be modernised?

I'd very happily go to the Ricoh Arena for 3 hours instead of 2 if it meant the game was run fairer and more accurately.

Disorganised1

We need goal line technology ~ lets not give the Chelsea Cheats anymore free points.

Nick

Administrator
It's needed. Football seems to be the only sport ignorant enough to not use technology. It's used in Cricket, Tennis, Rugby, Basketball, American Football and to an extent F1 and Golf! Why is Football so holy that it does not need to be modernised?

I'd very happily go to the Ricoh Arena for 3 hours instead of 2 if it meant the game was run fairer and more accurately.

Because FIFA is blatently corrupt ;)

rob9872

It has to come. Too much money at stake for it not to and decisions can cost millions. If it doesn't then imo only a matter of time before a decision is dragged through the courts and that will be devestating for the game. It shouldn't be for everything but crossing the line is a yes/no matter of fact decision and takes no time at all to come to the right decision. It may be true that it evens itself out over time but lets take one problem away and get it right more often that has to be for the benefit of everyone.

Personally I wouldn't be a ref for all the tea..... tried it in a local park friendly once - never again. Even a ref plus two assistants cannot see every facet of the game therefore they need help particularly in the critical area of awarding goals. Why not as an experiment say in the Championship use the facilities of the TV companies to judge goal or no goal as they always appear to resolve the issue when they analyse the stuation usually within seconds of it happening.

PUSB

Richard Smith

like has already said these poor decsions give us somthink to talk about but it has got to come hasnt it or do we go the route of the 2 extra officals behind the goals like they do in europe

Skyblueloyal

Goal line tech yes but not for other dessions penalty appeals, offside goals etc we have to draw the line somewhere

bamalamafizzfazz

What about in the circumstance of Saturday's goal? I was at the pub and after numerous replays from numerous angles people couldn't agree.

I echo KG82's opinion that controversy is all part of the sport.
However my question is, Is the technology used anywhere else the world in football? Don't think any league in England should be the guinea pigs for such a major change in the sport.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Without a doubt! I dont think its needs to be put on big screen when the decision is being reviewed like in Rugby (mainly because not every football ground has these...in fact i think their quite rare thinking about it). However it is essential for the game to be fair.

In all honesty, how many games will we actually need it??

I agree it must only be goal line though and not offwide, off the ball incidents etc. We've got allow room for some error!!

Unless they put a cap on the number of appeals, like in Tennis?? But how this would work with offsides im unsure, as the lino wud flag, players appeal and by this time the advantage has gone so seems pretty pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread