Goal line technology approved (1 Viewer)

Covstu

So it's finally got the go ahead officially, I hope it doesn't slow the game down but would be interesting to see how it pans out and whether it will actually appear in our league!

Otis

Nope. Not going to be used in the lower leagues i believe.

Too many clubs won't have the facilities or money to embrace the technology.

Otis

Yep. Premier League definitely adopting it. Not so sure about Championship.

Who cares about those tin pot pissy leagues though when League One is where it is really at!!

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Can't say this is going to make much difference. Personally football in my eyes is about a game of humans talent and showcasing of skill. Surely mistakes are part of the game... We are human and we should embrace the mistakes as a part of the game. I would just use it in international games. I'm sure people like me will completely except and forget its a part of the game after a few months anyway.

Covstu

Sadly when it cost teams 60mill t get relegated on a bad decision or a country (nt England) go out due to a poor decision, they need to ensure fairness

D

Deleted member 4232

Goal line... they need a 3rd ref, watching a video monitor. Referee in doubt goes to his decision. People say it will slow the game down, but let me tell you, it won't slow it down as much as the rolling around feigning injury, or the constant appealing of decisions players do. It will also put all doubt aside, and hopefully those wankers on talkSPORT are lost for words. If a heavy malicious take or 'barton' happens, the referee puts the player on report, and the issue is dealt with by the FA within a week after the match. Using a panel of transparency and professionalism (probably need to restructure the FA haha).

I'm not saying, go as far as the NFL, but have a look at how the NRL disciplinary system works, as well as in-game ruling.

Brighton Sky Blue

Sadly when it cost teams 60mill t get relegated on a bad decision or a country (nt England) go out due to a poor decision, they need to ensure fairness

Yes, because putting all the blame on referees is clearly the way to go. :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread