"Glass half empty" or "Glass half full" (1 Viewer)

bawtryneal

It is interesting to read all the comments on here from the regular posters. Some are just negative all the time and some always see the positive side. Some may say they are realists but heyho
I am by nature an optimistic guy, so always "glass half full"
There is still negativity over the recent transfer policy. Doom and gloom........ I just do not get it.
Be excited for the rest of the season.
How would you describe yourselves? GHE or GHF !!!

covcity4life

Glass half full. Always believe in playoffs each year as quite frankly when you see leicester win league or blackpool get promoted to prem it's pretty obvious anything can happen

And this year our squad will be better than last by sept 1st if loans work (even if not o rly lime sordell so far)so once again we have great chance of top 6 or better

bawtryneal

Glass half full. Always believe in playoffs each year as quite frankly when you see leicester win league or blackpool get promoted to prem it's pretty obvious anything can happen

And this year our squad will be better than last by sept 1st if loans work (even if not o rly lime sordell so far)so once again we have great chance of top 6 or better

Ditto
Just do not get all the miserable people. If you cannot be enthusiastic about CCFC then do something else on a Saturday afternoon

bawtryneal

Not allowed on the main page.
Been relegated to the off topic page. I cannot believe what is more on topic than the members negativity after reading all the gloom and doom for the last 10 weeks.

Nick

Administrator
It has been moved to Off Topic, because it is asking what type of people they are. :)

Is it just aimed at CCFC? If so, I can move it back?

bawtryneal

Haha Same thing really Nick, I guess
My question was intended to be solely in relation to CCFC but how you view CCFC, in a positive or negative way, may well relate to how you "run your life"
I am only trying to promote everybody being positive regarding CCFC. No other motive. I just get pissed off with all the negativity when anybody with a brain can see progress.

Otis

I am not glass half full. Usually more like glass 3/4 full.

Always hopeful we can do well at the start of the season and always hopeful players will either do well or improve dramatically.

Haven't rated Thomas or Haynes, but am very hopeful they will prove their worth one day.

Always fancy our chances of winning and never ever bet against the City, EVER, even if I think there could be easy money to be made.

Always hopeful of world peace too and Coventry becoming a great city.

Now which way to Hatton?

Gazolba

It's half empty if you really want a full glass. But it's half full if you fear it might be empty.

dutchman

Always hopeful of world peace too and Coventry becoming a great city.

Er, you left out the word 'again' Otis!

Coventry was a great city once, in my lifetime and for some time before that. I wouldn't have wanted to have grown up anywhere else.

So what you should have said was "Always hopeful of Coventry becoming a great city again".

oakey

This is one of those annoying, what sort of person are you, optimist or pessimist, questions.
Think about it for one minute and it doesn't actually work. If the glass was previously FULL it is now half empty. If the glass was recently EMPTY it is now half full. Next time someone asks you that just ask them, "Was the glass empty or full prior to its current state?"
I teach philosophy BTW

With regards to CCFC my glass has barely contained a drag since about 1999.

Gazolba

<snip> If the glass was previously FULL it is now half empty. If the glass was recently EMPTY it is now half full. Next time someone asks you that just ask them, "Was the glass empty or full prior to its current state?"
<snip>
You make an excellent point. However, I think we are working on the assumption that you don't know its previous state.

Otis

This is one of those annoying, what sort of person are you, optimist or pessimist, questions.
Think about it for one minute and it doesn't actually work. If the glass was previously FULL it is now half empty. If the glass was recently EMPTY it is now half full. Next time someone asks you that just ask them, "Was the glass empty or full prior to its current state?"
I teach philosophy BTW

All the glasses in my cupboard and washed, dried and back in their place, therefore they wouldn't have anything in them.

They are obviously therefore empty. My glass half full is based on that.

Your question should be 'Why are all the glasses in your cupboard half full of something? And won't what's in there all have gone off by now?'

bawtryneal

I teach philosophy BTW

My favorite philosophy joke

When Plato first met Socrates,

Plato: "Why don't you ever have a girlfriend?"

Socrates: "You ask too many questions."

Gazolba

If your glass is only half full, you could ask them to half fill a bigger glass.

Otis

If your glass is only half full, you could ask them to half fill a bigger glass.
But we are League One. We only have smaller glasses.

When we had bigger glasses we were living beyond our means and got in a right old mess.

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread