"Glad All Over " (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

Those of us who recall the 60's under Jimmy Hill at Highfield Road will have memories of "Glad All Over" ringing out around the terraces (when rattles were allowed). It was a terrific motivator to lift the crowds spirits -- far better than Mr Blue Skies. Would be fantastic to have this played again as the teams came out (it was hijacked by QPR at some stage).

Otis

So you saying Palace hijacked it off QPR who hijacked it off us?

What does Dave Clark say?

CJparker

Port Vale play it as well. I'm sure another club do too.

I like Mr Blue Sky, it is catchy and appropriate, though not my favourite ELO song.

Does anyone know the truth in the rumour that Arsenal used to run out to the theme tune from 'The A-Team' for a while in the 80s?

lordsummerisle

Port Vale play it as well. I'm sure another club do too.

I like Mr Blue Sky, it is catchy and appropriate, though not my favourite ELO song.

Does anyone know the truth in the rumour that Arsenal used to run out to the theme tune from 'The A-Team' for a while in the 80s?

Just can't see us running out to Horace Wimp myself.

Otis

As it was called the library back then I would guess it would be more likely to be 'I Go To Sleep' by The Pretenders!

torchomatic

CovLis86

I like Mr blue sky. Nice to have a song only we have, just wish people still felt inspired and proud of it.

torchomatic

barnsleyskyblue

Remember standing in sky blue terrace in the late 70's aged about 12 and the sky blue song starting in west end and working it's way around the ground. Happy days.

Nick

Administrator
I don't like it personally.

I much prefer something that would get everybody going, fans and players.

Why not come out to the eye of the tiger or something? :)

torchomatic

ajsccfc

I'd go for something modern, rousing and singalong-able. Pick and choose from Busta Rhymes' discography really.

Nick

Administrator
What about Gangnam Style?

[video=youtube;9bZkp7q19f0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/video]

On a serious note, I think something gritty that would get everybody fired up for the game rather than happy clappy.

J

Jack Griffin

So you saying Palace hijacked it off QPR who hijacked it off us?

What does Dave Clark say?

Dave Clark (born David Clark, 15 December 1942, Tottenham, North London, England), was the drummer. Think he & the band hailed from the London area.

torchomatic

I'd go for the end titles to Captain Scarlet. It's certainly rousing:

They crash him and his body may burn
They smash him but they'll know he'll return
To live again!

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

How about the Thunderbirds theme, gawd knows how much we need 'International Rescue'.

Users who are viewing this thread