Giblet's replacement (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Its beyond a joke as a new resource these days. So few stories get added to the website even before you take away the ones that are nothing to do with Coventry and pushed out by Trinity Mirror.

The sports coverage is even more of a joke. Not so much the content from Turner but their priorities are all over the place. When CRFC won promotion there was barely a mention of it, the most prominent piece about it on the website was what Wasps thought about it! Last match coverage I can find for Blaze is from 2 years ago, plenty of Wasps Netball though.

Says a lot about Gilberts role when someone straight out of uni is the replacement!

Sick Boy

I wouldn't call any of them journalists, they are glorified content writers and seem to have some sort of weird franchise pushing agenda.

fernandopartridge

He's a taff who likes rugby (surprise) and lives in Brum. The Telegraph is finished. I rarely use their site now, barely any news on it and the CCFC stuff is usually out of date / second hand.

shmmeee

Yeah can’t believe they replaced the experienced and wise Gilbert with some know nothing kid. What is the world coming to? ;)

Seriously though: how many of us who complain actually pay for local news? I haven’t bought a Telegraph since I used to deliver them. With eBay and Rightmove and Match.com what’s their revenue stream?

May as well kill it off now.

chiefdave

Seriously though: how many of us who complain actually pay for local news? I haven’t bought a Telegraph since I used to deliver them. With eBay and Rightmove and Match.com what’s their revenue stream?
You've got to offer something worth paying for. Instead they just ignored what was happening and made their website impossible to use as they tried to jam as much advertising as possible on to it.

I'd happily pay a few quid a month for website access if they were offering genuine local news by actual journalists, not people on work experience.

Nick

Administrator
You've got to offer something worth paying for. Instead they just ignored what was happening and made their website impossible to use as they tried to jam as much advertising as possible on to it.

I'd happily pay a few quid a month for website access if they were offering genuine local news by actual journalists, not people on work experience.

That's the thing, I'd also quite happily subscribe for a decent local news service. The only decent we seem to get is stuff about Crime and the occasional article from Andy Turner.

Why would I want to pay for nonsense copied and pasted from other sites while they throw threats around if anybody uses some of the text that their content team will be invoicing?

If that's the case, I could (and I you could too shmeee) just knock up some sort of news aggregator and something to get popular tweets from the local area that day.

Captain Dart

Looks like the GCSE work experience kid has got the gig:

That's rather pathetic and mean spirited of you to attack a young lad however much you disagree with the Cov Telegraphs policies. Is bullying your thing mate?

Captain Dart

It's a joke about how young he looks, hardly a character assassination.
So for some reason you think it is OK to be personal because its online.
I reckon there is a bit of a bullying culture round here which you are contributing to.

Nick

Administrator
I reckon there is a bit of a bullying culture round here which you are contributing to.

He should make another account to use at the same time to back himself up and he might be on your level then.

There was a comment that was over the line, I removed that but it wasn't FP.

Grendel

It’s a forum for football fans not allotment owners. I don’t even get your point

Captain Dart

Thought that would bring the gang out. Case proven.

RegTheDonk

Yeah can’t believe they replaced the experienced and wise Gilbert with some know nothing kid. What is the world coming to? ;)

May as well kill it off now.
My dad lives in Radford and still buys it out of habit, though thats probably an age thing. As an "exile" I used to read the web site occasionally, until it became overrun with pop ups, click bait, and pointless "related" rumour articles with no substance just to make you click another page. I appreciate they have to make money somehow, but the layout is not user friendly at all with constant interruptions. The Telegraph must truely be on its last legs financially and independntly to support a franchise team before their own city (referring to the WASPs V Cov tweet).

Users who are viewing this thread