Ghost Grounds (1 Viewer)

Joy Division

Bit of a quiz to lighten the mood today.

Coventry have played on the following grounds during the 1990's in league or cup competitions. 10,000 SISU lover points for the first person to guess all of them

A)
1.jpg

B)

2.jpg

C)

200.jpg

D)

344.jpg

torchomatic

Number two is Bolton, isn't it? I remember going there and there being a supermarket built into the corner.

Gint11

Derbys Baseball ground, One of them is Brightons old ground,

Kingokings204

One has to be a north east ground. Middlesbrough or sunderlands Roker Park?

AndreasB

They are not "ghost" grounds as they have had replacements built in the vicinity . A true ghost ground would have been Bradford Park Avenue (Peel Park) where the team ceased to exist.

fernandopartridge

A) Plough Lane

B) Burnden Park Bolton - you can see the supermarket next to the away end

C) Baseball Ground

D) Springfield Park, Wigan

Joy Division

They are not "ghost" grounds as they have had replacements built in the vicinity . A true ghost ground would have been Bradford Park Avenue (Peel Park) where the team ceased to exist.

Cheers

torchomatic

SkyBlueSid

Bradford Park Avenue's ground when they were in the league was Park Avenue. Peel Park was Accrington Stanley's ground.

torchomatic

torchomatic

Really? Don't remember that at all. I remember standing really close behind the goal, maybe it was undeveloped at one end. I went to Scarboro during the summer and wanted to show my son the ground but didn't realise it had gone. They now ground share with Bridlington.

10,000 SISU lover points for you. All four correct, you win my absolute respect.

thaiskyblue

D, is definatley wigan. remember going there for an fa cup replay , won 1-0 killer scored, the away was a grass bank and we made a mud slide and spent the game doing bombs down it, better entertainment than the game.

Joy Division

Really? Don't remember that at all. I remember standing really close behind the goal, maybe it was undeveloped at one end. I went to Scarboro during the summer and wanted to show my son the ground but didn't realise it had gone. They now ground share with Bridlington.

You are correct, both ends were open terraces when we played them in the league cup with the seated stand being built shortly afterwards.

Joy Division

D, is definatley wigan. remember going there for an fa cup replay , won 1-0 killer scored, the away was a grass bank and we made a mud slide and spent the game doing bombs down it, better entertainment than the game.

Plenty of fans had the same idea :)

[video=youtube;1WxrMSZPCDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WxrMSZPCDA[/video]

Joy Division

Finally, some actual ghost grounds.

Accrington Stanley - Peel Park then

1297169126.jpg

and from pretty much the same spot today

Peel6.jpg

Bradford Park Avenue...then

BradfordPA2.jpg

and today

bpa.jpg