Getting business done (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

When was the last time we signed 5 signings in May.
Not only that, when was the last time after each signing you thought. 'Yes that is what we need!!!'
I sat at the end of the season and thought we need a new GK, a hard man CB, a hard man CM, a goal scoring CM, and a strong powerful proven scorer.
So far he has delivered on 4 out of those 5 and in quick time without a load of speculation.
Never been really 100% sure about Robins but he is certainly winning me over Fair play.
Let's just get that powerful striker in now.

Evo1883

We need to show intent , also helps with future transfers as players who may be unsure can see we are going for it and might want to be a part of it.
Very happy so far

jackdg

Would like George Thomas or Ryan Haynes to sign soon though
This is the only blot on an otherwise good start to the summer for me... Looking at the squad we have we could conceivably end up losing:

Burge
Stokes
Haynes
DKE x 2
Bigi
George Thomas

Willis
Turnbull
Harries
Reid
Stevenson

It's really difficult to assess how we are getting on without some news on this lot. If we can keep 7-8 of those 12 then we only really need reinforcement on the wings and maybe another striker and centre back

covcity4life

When was the last time we signed 5 signings in May.
Not only that, when was the last time after each signing you thought. 'Yes that is what we need!!!'
I sat at the end of the season and thought we need a new GK, a hard man CB, a hard man CM, a goal scoring CM, and a strong powerful proven scorer.
So far he has delivered on 4 out of those 5 and in quick time without a load of speculation.
Never been really 100% sure about Robins but he is certainly winning me over Fair play.
Let's just get that powerful striker in now.

is macdonald a hardman?
is kellys goal record that good?

just saying!

i am very impressed too but think some fans in danger of lauding all these players as world class and perfect fits etc

dongonzalos

is macdonald a hardman?

just saying!

i am very impressed too but think some fans in danger of lauding all these players as world class and perfect fits etc

1)Yes he is
2)for a CM it's a lot better than anything we have had in recent years.
The players I have never Ed heard of which I have become used to over the last couple of seasons. So can only go by the type of the player, the area that MR identified as needing strengthing and the speed in which it has happened.
They could all turn out to be crap.

Chipfat

When was the last time we signed 6 players to 2 year deals on the bounce. Could be a cople of things in play here, MR has convinced all at SISU, he is the man to take the club on consecutive promotions to gain top level football. Or they really like the idea of a takeover with players being sold and them getting a share of each transfer in future years, a new owner could mean new manager and a quick turn around of players.

Long shot but all very strange and a pattern we have not seen before. It would be a good sign now if others that were offered deals start to sign on for at least another year lots of bodies in pre season could be a good thing.

Liquid Gold

I used to go and watch Bristol Rovers in league 2 and the quality is fucking abysmal. If they can kick the ball to a team mate 50% of the time they will be better than 90% of the players in that league.

clint van damme

When was the last time we signed 6 players to 2 year deals on the bounce. Could be a cople of things in play here, MR has convinced all at SISU, he is the man to take the club on consecutive promotions to gain top level football. Or they really like the idea of a takeover with players being sold and them getting a share of each transfer in future years, a new owner could mean new manager and a quick turn around of players.

Long shot but all very strange and a pattern we have not seen before. It would be a good sign now if others that were offered deals start to sign on for at least another year lots of bodies in pre season could be a good thing.

or they've used the Checkatrade money to implement a more progressive recruitment policy but unless we get a similar windfall at some point this season it will be back to square one by this time next year.

Captain Dart

or they've used the Checkatrade money to implement a more progressive recruitment policy but unless we get a similar windfall at some point this season it will be back to square one by this time next year.

I reckon the final monies are being spent, was it not estimated at £0.5M.
Why are people always repeating what I said a few days ago. Above from Monday. Do keep up.

chiefdave

More on the way according to Robins
“I expect the business done so far is around 50% of the signings we expect to make this summer. On top of this, the process to re-engage with players whose current contracts with us have expired is continuing and hopefully we’ll have some positive news very soon"

Sky Blue Harry H

More on the way according to Robins

Thomas re=signing, plus one or two of the others would be great news. The new crop of signings must create a bit of excitement among the rest of the squad - certainly a sense of positivity!

Adge

Thomas re=signing, plus one or two of the others would be great news. The new crop of signings must create a bit of excitement among the rest of the squad - certainly a sense of positivity!
I hope you're right. Get rid of this "losing mentality" which has blighted us for years. Most of last seasons players have it running through them and should be got rid of.

Hadji's_Goatee

This is the only blot on an otherwise good start to the summer for me... Looking at the squad we have we could conceivably end up losing:

Burge
Stokes
Haynes
DKE x 2
Bigi
George Thomas

Willis
Turnbull
Harries
Reid
Stevenson

It's really difficult to assess how we are getting on without some news on this lot. If we can keep 7-8 of those 12 then we only really need reinforcement on the wings and maybe another striker and centre back
So we could pretty much lose the team that won us the checkatrade trophy?!!

Brighton Sky Blue

is macdonald a hardman?

just saying!

Even if they are no better ability wise, they will have a full pre season to integrate with the team, as opposed to the usual late flurry of signings in August. It points towards better organisation off the pitch which should lead to benefits on it. I don't think anyone is claiming these players to be the messiah just yet.

Brighton Sky Blue

I used to go and watch Bristol Rovers in league 2 and the quality is fucking abysmal. If they can kick the ball to a team mate 50% of the time they will be better than 90% of the players in that league.

That's our lads out of the running then

covcity4life

Even if they are no better ability wise, they will have a full pre season to integrate with the team, as opposed to the usual late flurry of signings in August. It points towards better organisation off the pitch which should lead to benefits on it. I don't think anyone is claiming these players to be the messiah just yet.

no i agree. i am saying we are pidegeon holing them as exactly what we need, just saying hold back a lil caution incase they aint.

still very happy with our business so far

Users who are viewing this thread