Germany greece (1 Viewer)

wingy

Not much riding on this one then !!!!
Hope its better than last nights .
Reckon their match on Saturday affected the vote between Austerity and Defualt??:eek:

wingy

Be nice to see it would'nt it ,been blasted on that on a couple of holidays and Metaxa ,Stay off the Retzina though ,makes you blind.

Heres a thought maybe the Greeks can inflict a few significant injuries ,should they not get through !!!!

EDit: the Krauts have started quickly.

Otis

I just hope that if they get through and England beat Italy that we start with both Walcott and Chamberlain. I would have them on the two wings and really try and hit them on the break. Greece are having chances to break but are not quick enough and are not supporting in enough numbers.

i think two players with such extreme pace could cause the Germans a lot of problems.

wingy

Doh come on Stavrosl right back where were you ,goallie should have got that out. I was just about to post what an organised back line they looked.

Last edited:

stupot07

I just hope that if they get through and England beat Italy that we start with both Walcott and Chamberlain. I would have them on the two wings and really try and hit them on the break. Greece are having chances to break but are not quick enough and are not supporting in enough numbers.

i think two players with such extreme pace could cause the Germans a lot of problems.

Will never happen unfortunately, Glen Johnson needs Milner to hold his hand, and Young obviously has some incriminating photos of Roy.

Otis

Agree.

I think too many teams give Germany too much respect. No doubt they are a very, very good side, but everyone seems to sit back against them. I think if you can hit them at pace you have a decent chance. Two many teams letting them dictate the game. Think if we tried to defend deep against them we would lose for sure.

Covstu

What a poor show from Greece playing anti football but finally cracked. In think it will be 3 or 4 in the end. Positives is that if Germany play this way against a better side they will be caught on the break for sure.

wingy

What a poor show from Greece playing anti football but finally cracked. In think it will be 3 or 4 in the end. Positives is that if Germany play this way against a better side they will be caught on the break for sure.
Come on Stu bit harsh ,defending is an artform too ,Germany have had plenty of opporotunity to shine and many chances ,but failed to stick it away.The once or twice the Greeks got up there ,a couple of smart quick balls nearly undid the Germans .The football that got us up in the sixties was based on this sort of defending .The power of TV and Blatter and a Balloon of a ball has favoured the strikers ,there surely must be 4-5 goals in every game,however I digress ,have had a couple and retire.

wingy

Poor officials giving that free kick for handball when advantage was so much better and the subsequent offside ,no way.

Covstu

Come on Stu bit harsh ,defending is an artform too ,Germany have had plenty of opporotunity to shine and many chances ,but failed to stick it away.The once or twice the Greeks got up there ,a couple of smart quick balls nearly undid the Germans .The football that got us up in the sixties was based on this sort of defending .The power of TV and Blatter and a Balloon of a ball has favoured the strikers ,there surely must be 4-5 goals in every game,however I digress ,have had a couple and retire.

That's what you get with that kind of defending wingy, you get punished.

Users who are viewing this thread