George Waring (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

"
Coventry have been lacking a target man up front for a while now; someone who would provide an alternative option up top and be a physical presence to hold the ball up and win headers.

Marcus Tudgay has filled that role for Coventry over the past couple of years but he was substandard."

no beating about the bush with that website!

Esoterica

When they say 'Waring is not an out and out goal scorer' they mean 'In 2 seasons he's only scored one goal in 43 appearances'. You've got to be setting up an awful lot of goals to be getting away with stats like that. Surely there's some better goalscoring big men we could get in?
Formation wise, you're limiting yourself to either 2 strikers, 1 who doesn't score and so needing the other one to be red hot all year or he's just gonna be an option off the bench to lump the ball at. Not what's needed in my opinion, we need a 6ft 2 unit to lead the line, not a 6ft 5 rake.

Hobo

"
Coventry have been lacking a target man up front for a while now; someone who would provide an alternative option up top and be a physical presence to hold the ball up and win headers.

Marcus Tudgay has filled that role for Coventry over the past couple of years but he was substandard."

However Tudgay has scored at Coventry more than Waring has in the same period.

stevefloyd

"

Fuck me thats an understatement !!!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I think he would be a positive addition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why ? What in his career makes you think he would be "a positive addition" Marcus Tudgay Scored 4 in 20 league games in div 1 and as far as I can see Waring did not manage any despite playing 9 games in div 2 with a team that scored nearly twice as many as we did

johnwillomagic

tbf Collins & Waring are both tosh and should be avoided........I would not pay big bucks for Collins at all many better options out there that would cost less - that being said yes would much rather have him than Waring!!!

Cavan O'Doherty

tbf Collins & Waring are both tosh and should be avoided........I would not pay big bucks for Collins at all many better options out there that would cost less - that being said yes would much rather have him than Waring!!!
Both tosh? Scored 20 goals last season in a poor Crawley side. Can't get much better then that unless you want to fork out for Hylton,Akinde etc.

Users who are viewing this thread