George Thomas (1 Viewer)

Fergusons_Beard

I hate talking about former players but having seen him play against us yesterday I thought I’d share a few things.

Firstly he didn’t pull up any trees against us. Neat and tidy but I thought he was far too static and didn’t really make the runs he needed to playing in the 10 role (just behind striker).

I looked at our team and wondered if he’d get into the starting 11 (maybe instead of Jordan Shipley).

I also thought there’s been really no clamour to get him back here unlike other former players who are currently in the wilderness (apart from Cian Harries or Bassolo Sambou (I’d have him back though!)).

Coincidentally I was sat next to our old player Robert Page (manager of Wales U21) the other day and he told me that Giggsy thinks very highly of him and expects him to make more senior appearances for Wales.

Looking at yesterday’s performance and his career at City I can’t see him making a senior appearance for Leicester!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Covstu

I thought he looked a threat in the first half and thinking should have put him down for 1st goalscorer but agree he has a long way to develop as a player and I doubt he will make it a prem level. The irony is that I generally rated him higher than madders when they were playing for us!

Nick

Administrator
No chance he is going to play for Leicester and it shows how desperate Wales are nowadays. He isn't even standing out for Scunthorpe.

Adge

It was only the last 2-3 months that Thomas looked reasonable during that god datawful campaign when we went down. Lets be honest, he was one of the only really noticeable player in that pile of crap that went down.
I remember DKE was also in that team and stood out for application alone and where is he now?...,,,

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Never rated him.

5 league goals for us in league 1 and the strikers we have now are getting stick?

Yeah but didn’t you know, one cost £500,000!!! And he’s only scored goals that are tap ins, free kicks or penalties or just goals that aren’t really goals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hill83

Yeah but didn’t you know, one cost £500,000!!! And he’s only scored goals that are tap ins, free kicks or penalties or just goals that aren’t really goals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And we’ve got 3 more shit strikers that have already scored more than that one.

hill83

Imagine if he was here with those stats

fanscity.gif

Cov kid 55

He played ok on Saturday, was busy, a handful, and worked hard to close down Sterling when we were pressing towards the end. I’m not saying he is better than Chaplin, we need to give him more time before judging. If Thomas was playing in our team, behind Clarke-Harris, I think he would do a decent job.

steve82

How do some come to the suggestion that he could potentially play here in this side ahead of Shipley on the left or Bayliss as a central midfielder??

George Thomas played as a second striker or drifting in off the right when he was here.

We’d be endorsing another square peg in a round hole with this assumption

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

George Thomas was shit when he first got into the team, he scored a few goals for us then fucked off to Fester...end of thread !!

Mucca Mad Boys

George Thomas should’ve stayed with us, could’ve had a stormer in League 2 and earned a move to the Championship or better.

Going to Leicester has stunted his development because he spent a season playing U23s football instead of playing men’s football.

2 years later, we’re in the top half of League 1, he’s fighting relegation on loan at Scunthorpe with 1 goal this season. Giggsy night rate him, but if he’s not making first team appearances and scoring goals, he won’t add to his caps.

Mucca Mad Boys

He played ok on Saturday, was busy, a handful, and worked hard to close down Sterling when we were pressing towards the end. I’m not saying he is better than Chaplin, we need to give him more time before judging. If Thomas was playing in our team, behind Clarke-Harris, I think he would do a decent job.

Chaplin has 6 goals and 3 assists in 23 appearances whilst Thomas has 1 and 4 assists in 21 (all competitions).

There’s the stats and I know who I’d rather have.

oucho

That could work both ways though. 5 goals in a shit team could mean he’s a world beater.

Yes, to be fair it was not as if he was starting every week. He didn't play for much of the season, and when he did he was either out wide, off the bench for 20 mins or so, and in a struggling side not creating many chances, all of this whilst being a kid trying to learn his trade. 9 for the season, being our top scorer across all comps, was respectable.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

GT will probably have a longish career at L1/2 levels based on his workrate, but ability wise I think he's lacking a bit and it was clutching at straws in a very very bad campaign that he got any kind of reputation with us. Reminds me of Freddie Sears at Wet Spam.

Sure he's on decentish enough money at Leicester that should see him do alright if managed properly, and of course the Wembley goal will be remembered fondly and I'm sure in future years he'll be welcomed back for radio commentary duties etc..

Users who are viewing this thread