George Thomas (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Definitely. I think he will leave though. He's our stand out player and now has found the scoring touch - there will be interest.

eastwoodsdustman

Looked very lightweight earlier in the season under mowbray. Its only since slade took charge that hes kicked on. Bigi my player of the season though.

bawtryneal

Let's hope he stays as potentially could score 20 plus goals next season.
Must be worth a new extended contract. Will show the mindset of Robins and the board ( whoever they are)

dongonzalos

Yes he will be gone and Haynes, Stevenson, Reid, Harries, Willis, Stokes.
Good luck to him he deserves league1 football
Although I would love him today and develop as a player

wingy

Definitely. I think he will leave though. He's our stand out player and now has found the scoring touch - there will be interest.
What do hotshots typically after banging in 20-25 in the lowest division go for, assuming that's where we finish, lol?
If we could talk him into one season he could have fun down there and build that reputation.
Might be more profitable that way, assuming he doesn't want to go.

Grendel

Difference is he is worth keeping other than stokes (who i think will stay) couldn't care less about the rest on that list

pastythegreat

Looked very lightweight earlier in the season under mowbray. Its only since slade took charge that hes kicked on. Bigi my player of the season though.
I think the change of position really helped him! It's one thing we can thank Slade for I think, lol!
DKE is my player of the season! Heart of a lion, ALWAYS gives 110%, 5"4' and is rarely beaten in the air! Will be a great player for us next season.
Most improved, Jordan Turnnbull of think!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

PVA

I remember when some on here said he was one of the worst players to ever play for the club earlier this season...

ccfcway

I remember when some on here said he was one of the worst players to ever play for the club earlier this season...

He's proving to be the best player to play in the worst team I have ever seen at my club.

torchomatic

Don't jump the gun. I don't think we will get rid of Thomas. Actually not too bothered about Stevenson, could use the money. Not too bothered about some of the others either. If some of them are sold it won't be the end of the world, though some on here will tell us it is.

Don't forget these are the "stars" that have relegated us. I would be happy to keep them all but if they are sold, then they are sold. I believe Robins unlike Mowbray and Slade will recruit successfully.

All just my opinion, of course.

skybluecam

Have you all gone mad? Thomas has scored 4 league goals in 25 apps this season! That's rubbish for striker. I wouldn't mind keeping him next year but he's definitely not above this level!

Gazolba

I wonder if we'll be able to keep him? Somehow I doubt it. I'm sure anyone with an ounce of talent will want away.

Nick

Administrator
Have you all gone mad? Thomas has scored 4 league goals in 25 apps this season! That's rubbish for striker. I wouldn't mind keeping him next year but he's definitely not above this level!

How often has he played up front?

Captain Dart

Are you mad, he has so much potential. Worth serious money in transfer market.

Nick

Administrator
I think he will be ok in league 2, not sure about the talks of championship just yet.

letsallsingtogether

Not often- mainly because he wasn't good enough to play there. Don't get me wrong, I like him and think he has potential. But people saying that he is well above league 2 level are wrong.

To be fair most are not good enough for this league.
After all they are the ones who got us religated.
Talk about managers etc but they are the ones on the pitch should give 100% every game, no matter what manager or system we play, most couldn't be bothered until it was to late.

skybluecam

Are you mad, he has so much potential. Worth serious money in transfer market.
Not sure what you consider serious money but I would take anything above £300k for him and run. (Assuming it would be reinvested into players )

Warwickhunt

If it true that over 1/2 the season ticket holders will not renew then any money we get in from player sales will not be given to the manager as it will be needed to keep the club afloat

Nick

Administrator
October - "George Thomas is shit we should get rid of him asap"

April - "George Thomas is player of the season, he's good enough for the championship. Bet sisu cash in on him"

Hypocrisy in our fans is unbelievable.
To be fair, there was a massive difference in fitness, he was really top heavy at the start of the season.

He slotted in on the right with much improved fitness and looked a different player.

Liquid Gold

To be fair, there was a massive difference in fitness, he was really top heavy at the start of the season.

He slotted in on the right with much improved fitness and looked a different player.
Big changes can happen in players of his age though, the stick he got at the start of the season was unfair. I'm really happy for him that he's improved like this and wouldn't blame him if he took a contract offer from a club with more stable ownership and mentally stable fans.

pusbccfc

What is he worth? £300k?

stevefloyd

I have said that George Thomas is lacking in pace, which he is, but in recent weeks he has performed better than I thought he was capable of, its his real 1st season playing in the 1st team and I also said it wouldn't worry me if he left, which it don't, but I definitely think he is worth a new contract unlike Lameiras who is fucking dreadful, he runs about like a pansy constantly gives the ball away but does have the odd moment of brilliance with his passes, let some other team have those odd moments we can do a lot lot better than him, however I fear he will stay :( and if he does I hope he makes me eat these words like Georgie boy has done

Users who are viewing this thread