Geoffrey Robinson on CWR now (1 Viewer)

Otis

Tell him to find a full length mirror, stand in front of it and slate his own reflection!

Flying Fokker

He thinks the council/ sisu/ ACL should disarm themselves, lock themselves in a room and come out with an agreement.

RedSalmon

He must have been shitting himself knowing he was going to be up against the intellectual might of Bob Brolly!!!!!!!!

Listen up Paxman, you might learn a trick or two!!!

RedSalmon

Just about sums up local BBC radio.................a plastic paddy interviewing a political blow hard!!!

Flying Fokker

Am I right in saying that Robinson used to come out and meet the supporters at every away match? It at least showed he was prepared to listen to the fans. Accepting that he made some strange decisions.

Delboycov

Just about sums up local BBC radio.................a plastic paddy interviewing a political blow hard!!!

Why's he a 'plastic paddy'? He was born in Ireland so can't see why you're calling him plastic...at least get your facts right before coming out with a racist insult!

torchomatic

He is just a crap broadcaster. Don't care where he's from. "Racist insult"? LOL.

Why's he a 'plastic paddy'? He was born in Ireland so can't see why you're calling him plastic...at least get your facts right before coming out with a racist insult!

ccfclinney

He will be pooing himself that's why!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure he was the guarantor about the rent being paid when sisu took over!!

Delboycov

He is just a crap broadcaster. Don't care where he's from. "Racist insult"? LOL.

No arguments there but 'plastic'?? My question was in what way is he plastic? Racist? Probably not but debatable...Offensive? Definitely to a lot of people but that's a whole other debate.

torchomatic

The problem nowadays is that many people throw their "outrage" around like confetti over the slightest thing.

No arguments there but 'plastic'?? My question was in what way is he plastic? Racist? Probably not but debatable...Offensive? Definitely to a lot of people but that's a whole other debate.

Gynnsthetonic

Robinson said that there far better offers on the table than SISUs when he sold in 2007 but the council would not even listen. Interesting how things have turned out

Delboycov

The problem nowadays is that many people throw their "outrage" around like confetti over the slightest thing.

Agreed but not me usually...like I say though torchy it really is a whole other debate. Potentially one of the worst days in our entire history is probably not the most appropriate time for it!

italiahorse

If anything Geoffrey Robinson has put everything into the club. He lost a lot of money when SISU took over as he was one of, if not the, biggest shareholder.
I sure he personally guaranteed SISU would pay the rent but not sure how he got out of that.
He stated this morning he does not want to get involved. Once bitten Twice shy I guess

RedSalmon

Delboy, apologies for using the term 'Plastic Paddy', it was not meant to illict such outrage from you or anyone else. I was always under the impression (maybe mistakenly) that he was born and bred in the UK and played on his Irish ancestry.

For the record I have Irish ancestors, and as a consequence of having a very very Irish surname have experienced prejudice, especially from one particular teacher in the 70's whilst at school. He made no secret of his disgust at all things Irish.

If you view what I said as racist, to me thats over the top.

torchomatic

Well, he lost around £20M didn't he when SISU took over so he is being very magnanimous. He rightly says that the stadium should be owned by the football club and not by the council and a charity. And I agree Bob Ainsworth's stunt" last week hardly helped the football club or the situation, did it?

If anything Geoffrey Robinson has put everything into the club. He lost a lot of money when SISU took over as he was one of, if not the, biggest shareholder.
I sure he personally guaranteed SISU would pay the rent but not sure how he got out of that.
He stated this morning he does not want to get involved. Once bitten Twice shy I guess

rob9872

Delboy, apologies for using the term 'Plastic Paddy', it was not meant to illict such outrage from you or anyone else. I was always under the impression (maybe mistakenly) that he was born and bred in the UK and played on his Irish ancestry.

For the record I have Irish ancestors, and as a consequence of having a very very Irish surname have experienced prejudice, especially from one particular teacher in the 70's whilst at school. He made no secret of his disgust at all things Irish.

Everyone has Irish ancestors ... It's a bit like the I've got a black friend argument :)

Delboycov

Fair play to you mate although I'm not sure where the impression of being outraged has come from. Not even mildly bothered really. I was just correcting you on your assumption that the curly one was 'plastic' when he was in fact born in Ireland as most of his brothers and sisters were before coming to Coventry.

I don't consider the term "paddy" as particulaly racist or even offensive...get called it all the time and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Have a lot of banter with my mates over it..... A lot of people do however and that comes from the racism the Irish had to put up with as I know from personal experience in the 70's from having bricks through our windows,being spat at in the street or being ignored at work by colleagues as my late Dad put up with at Rolls Royce....just for being Irish. Granted it wasn't usually "plastic" that preceded Paddy in those days...it was very often "Thick" or in the case again of my Dad walking down the street one day "Let's batter the thick.."The prejudice you had experienced from 1 teacher because of your surname is nothing mate...

As I mentioned today is a very bad day in the history of our football club and that's what's concerning me right now!

Last edited:

rob9872

Potato! :)

Users who are viewing this thread