Geneva/Lausanne-based fans - pub today (1 Viewer)

EalingSB

Morning. There are at least four City fans in this part of Switzerland and we'll be meeting up at the Fish in Nyon to watch today's game. Feel free to join if you are in the area.

Otis

Might just pop over. Do you know which bus I need to get from Keresley to Swizerland?

Is it the no. 16 and then the 357?

CJ_covblaze

Love to see stuff like this. They'll be a load of us in Rimini tuning in too. Is there any Cov stuff up in the pub?

EalingSB

There is a new station close by, Otis, but they're not opening it on matchdays. CJ, no Cov stuff up (yet).

Terry Gibson's perm

Might just pop over. Do you know which bus I need to get from Keresley to Swizerland?

Is it the no. 16 and then the 357?

I will pick you up Otis will be in keresley about 10 anyway and should get to Switzerland by Tuesday:whistle:

wingy

Morning. There are at least four City fans in this part of Switzerland and we'll be meeting up at the Fish in Nyon to watch today's game. Feel free to join if you are in the area.

UEFA headquarters out there aren't they ?

Bob Latchford

Sounds all very cheesy to me .

Sick Boy

There's a bar in Verona that is covered in football scarves all over the walls and ceiling. Just before I left I donated a CCFC, sadly never met any City fans in that part of the world.

EalingSB

City played Stade Nyonnais in a friendly a few years ago so there is at least a pennant hanging up somewhere in Nyon.

Sky Blue Harry H

There's a bar in Verona that is covered in football scarves all over the walls and ceiling. Just before I left I donated a CCFC, sadly never met any City fans in that part of the world.

I was there a month ago (I've got a Hellas Verona top - my 'second' team, ever since I read a book about their exploits in a book by Tim Parks). What is the name of the bar Sick Boy? I'll be over there next summer, and I'll track it down.

Sick Boy

I was there a month ago (I've got a Hellas Verona top - my 'second' team, ever since I read a book about their exploits in a book by Tim Parks). What is the name of the bar Sick Boy? I'll be over there next summer, and I'll track it down.

I'm currently reading that very book! I met Tim Parks once and he wasn't exactly friendly!

The bar is called Re Carlos and is in the centre a short walk from Piazza Bra. I still go over once every few months as my girlfriends family is from the Veneto and she has a lot of family in Verona.

I used to have a season ticket and saw Hellas' promotion from Serie B and the glorious first season back in Serie A.

The only thing for me that I don't particularly like is that they are a facist team and obviously sing facist songs. I once saw a girl proudly holding up a zeig heil scarf.

Where did you get your shirt from? Was it the main superstore? I'm going over again next month so will be picking up the new shirt.

Sick Boy

I should add that Re Carlos isn't exactly the most pleasant bar but it is open until 4am so is idea for a late night drink. You can meet some characters in there and some girls up for s laugh.

Don't mess with the owner, he is something of a hard nut.

H

Huckerby

I'm currently reading that very book! I met Tim Parks once and he wasn't exactly friendly!

The bar is called Re Carlos and is in the centre a short walk from Piazza Bra. I still go over once every few months as my girlfriends family is from the Veneto and she has a lot of family in Verona.

I used to have a season ticket and saw Hellas' promotion from Serie B and the glorious first season back in Serie A.

The only thing for me that I don't particularly like is that they are a facist team and obviously sing facist songs. I once saw a girl proudly holding up a zeig heil scarf.

Where did you get your shirt from? Was it the main superstore? I'm going over again next month so will be picking up the new shirt.
What's the book called mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Adam08

Is Mr Pickwicks still open in Geneva?

Yes it is still open - great little place for the footy along with the aptly named lady Godiva. I'm a city fan in Geneva - I would have come over to nyon had I saw this earlier! Let me know if you plan other drinks here in Geneva / Lausanne. Great win today! PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread