Gary Johnson Sacked (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

Not directly CCFC linked, but one of our relegation rivals has sacked their gaffer just as they seemed to have turned the corner. Strange timing in my opinion but it is evident that their owner actually gives a shit and is hell bent in ensuring that they don't encounter successive relegations having come down from the Championship. The new manager bounce will probably rocket them up the table as was the case with Scunthorpe.

It's a shame that our owners don't have the same urgency or appear to realise the seriousness of the situation we find ourselves in. I would absolutely love Gary Johnson here and would take a couple of defeats on the bounce if it meant getting rid of the current idiot and getting him in.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Not directly CCFC linked, but one of our relegation rivals has sacked their gaffer just as they seemed to have turned the corner. Strange timing in my opinion but it is evident that their owner actually gives a shit and is hell bent in ensuring that they don't encounter successive relegations having come down from the Championship. The new manager bounce will probably rocket them up the table as was the case with Scunthorpe.

It's a shame that our owners don't have the same urgency or appear to realise the seriousness of the situation we find ourselves in. I would absolutely love Gary Johnson here and would take a couple of defeats on the bounce if it meant getting rid of the current idiot and getting him in.
Hear hear We should of got him when he left Bristol City !!!

rob9872

Tbf his chairman probably said if you can't pick a team to beat Coventry then it's the time to pack in

ccfc92

I'd be surprised if he wasn't interested in us now.

Mind you, he probably knows what a basket case we are :(

tisza

wasn't just the result. it was the way they completely outplayed us that night.

NorthernWisdom

Failed at Cambridge, failed at Bristol City, failed at Northampton, just failed at Yeovil.

Success at Yeovil first time out and second time, initially. His track record is, however, one of failure.

So yup, he'd be ideal for us atm.

rob9872

If anything looks over qualified

The Reverend Skyblue

I think he did OK as manager of Latvia,I think it was them.

did'nt he manage them to euro 2004 or 2008, again may be wrong but I'm sure he did well for them.

i feel he's passed his best now, he'll mamage at conference level next

He likes spending money though and throws a bit of a tantrum or sulks when things aren't going well. It really could go either way with him, as NW said his record isn't great and he appears to have lived off the bit of success he had at yeovil as they were so small so chairmen always think he can replicate it elsewhere.

NorthernWisdom

He likes spending money though and throws a bit of a tantrum or sulks when things aren't going well. It really could go either way with him, as NW said his record isn't great and he appears to have lived off the bit of success he had at yeovil as they were so small so chairmen always think he can replicate it elsewhere.

My first visit to Sixfields:facepalm: was to watch a Johnson led team heroically collapse to Cheltenham.

They looked good to begin with, passed the ball around quite well, Lewis Young looked a player. They were fragile in defence however. Then when they went behind the 'plan' seemed to be to throw on random subs (Bas Savage! Kevin Thornton!) and leave a bunch of players with no clue who was playing where, to just hurtle aimlessly round the pitch in random circles.

The way he reacted to going behind really was diabolically shambolic.

My first visit to Sixfields:facepalm: was to watch a Johnson led team heroically collapse to Cheltenham.

They looked good to begin with, passed the ball around quite well, Lewis Young looked a player. They were fragile in defence however. Then when they went behind the 'plan' seemed to be to throw on random subs (Bas Savage! Kevin Thornton!) and leave a bunch of players with no clue who was playing where, to just hurtle aimlessly round the pitch in random circles.

The sad thing was he released Billy McKay who this week was snapped up by a championship club in order to sign Savage. Thornton was pretty good for us too but I'm sure you're all aware of the problems any club inherits when they sign him so it was perhaps a bit more understandable when he let him go.

NorthernWisdom

The sad thing was he released Billy McKay who this week was snapped up by a championship club in order to sign Savage. Thornton was pretty good for us too but I'm sure you're all aware of the problems any club inherits when they sign him so it was perhaps a bit more understandable when he let him go.

I think this was Thornton's second coming there, too. He swaggered around podgily, passing the ball reasonably nicely while shimmying something akin to a cross between George Best and a pantomime horse, while all the time threatening to sweat himself into a brisk walk.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I just looked up Kevin Thornton's statistics when I read his name mentioned. Obviously, he's still at Tamworth. Guess how many league goals he's scored at all clubs since making his debut for us in 2005? 18. In a decade.

Like Andy Ducros, he looked like The New Big Thing. Its obvious he was always going to piss his career up the wall, but less than 2 goals per season over his career? Goodness...

NorthernWisdom

I just looked up Kevin Thornton's statistics when I read his name mentioned. Obviously, he's still at Tamworth. Guess how many league goals he's scored at all clubs since making his debut for us in 2005? 18. In a decade.

Like Andy Ducros, he looked like The New Big Thing. Its obvious he was always going to piss his career up the wall, but less than 2 goals per season over his career? Goodness...

...and all the cries were for Micky Adams to play him more.

Guess Micky Adams was right.

skybluepm2

He also works part time as a gardeners assistant for a mate of mine. Can't see him digging his way back up the footballing pyramid so late in his career to be honest.

Sbarcher

Let's hope the 20% doesn't fall on a Saturday........

LB87ccfc

Johnson is fucking shit, failed everywhere hes been and got lucky with Madden shooting them to the championship, also said some rather bad stuff about us previously, hes a c**t and would certainly not want him anywhere near us thanks.

SkyBlueM

Yes he must be terrible - got Bristol into the Championship playoffs for 2 or 3 successive seasons. Got Yeovil promoted to the Championship 2 seasons ago and in all that time all the managers we have had have done what exactly ?

LB87ccfc

Yes he must be terrible - got Bristol into the Championship playoffs for 2 or 3 successive seasons. Got Yeovil promoted to the Championship 2 seasons ago and in all that time all the managers we have had have done what exactly ?
Off the back off investment at bristol, but never took them up did he? and a striker hitting 20 in the last part of the season whilst at yeovil made a name for himself then was constantly found out in the championship.... now took the same yeovil side to the bottom of league one when the striker left ..... hes an arsehole slagged coventry off before therefore would not touch with a bargepole.

Evo1883

Failed at Cambridge, failed at Bristol City, failed at Northampton, just failed at Yeovil.

Success at Yeovil first time out and second time, initially. His track record is, however, one of failure.

So yup, he'd be ideal for us atm.
He actually did well at bristol , nearly took them to the premiership , their supporters who are far better placed to judge him , rate him very highly

wingy

He also works part time as a gardeners assistant for a mate of mine. Can't see him digging his way back up the footballing pyramid so late in his career to be honest.

He could either be pulling up trees or pushing up daisies then :)

Users who are viewing this thread