Gary hooper (1 Viewer)

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Wolves,Wigan and Celtic,along with us and Ipswich are said to be chasing Gary Hooper.Suppose that means we havent got a chance of getting him if thats the case.Hes also rated at 2million,that also rules us out,theres no chance we could/would spend that sort of dollar on one player.

smileycov

Facebook User
i personaly feel that if we sell westwood and get to spend the bulk of the money on players then it has to be good business! we need strikers/goalscorers at least, and a quality (or even just reliable ) left back. we haven't got a lot of dosh, so sell him and use it to buy what we need!! it's all very well having a top keeper to keep us in the game for long periods but if we are not scoring we are never gone progress!! i would be content to make do with the midfield we have, if the backs are sorted and please please please get us a 20 goal a season striker.

smileycov

Facebook User
Smiley, I think you need to add a quality/reliable right back to that list as well
well almost! Cranie is quality and reliable. but due to the weakness of the squad is forced into centre half duties!! Cranie Wood Mcpake ? trouble is look at one posistion and we start finding fault all over mate dont we!

most definately need a goal scorer and it would ease the problems at the back i'm sure

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
If Hooper is rated as 2million then forget it, even if we had 2mill he isn't worth that much. Would have been a good strike partner for Eastwood though as they were together at Southend and Grays. Hooper was Eastwoods strike partner the day Southend knocked Man U out of the League Cup :p

Still 2mill is too steep though so let's look elsewhere..

CovInEssex

If we were to sign Hooper it would be the best player, in my opinion, that's joined in a very long time.

I highly rate him, nearly as much as my girlfriend rates his good lucks!

He'll sell shirts then! Ha

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
If we were to sign Hooper it would be the best player, in my opinion, that's joined in a very long time.

I highly rate him, nearly as much as my girlfriend rates his good lucks!

He'll sell shirts then! Ha

Wouldn't say he is worth 2 million though, we payed 1.2-1.5 mill for Eastwood and I think he is potentially a better player then Hooper but we never play him upfront.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

I know its easy to say now,but what a great signing Rickie Lambert would have been last summer.Considering he joined a side who started in league 1 with -15 points i think he would have walked to Coventry to sign for us.He only cost a million aswell.This close season i think its realy diffcult picking out possible realistic transfer targets.Unless we are offering decent wages i cant realy see many players consider joining a team who consantly finsih lower half of the table.Figures of 5-6 million have been mentioned for our possible trasnfer kitty,thats not gonna happen.Even if Westwood is sold for say,£4 million,as transfer fees are rarely paid in full these days,we would probably only get £2 million up front then the rest in add ons.I realy hope im wrong but i cant see it.Every year i think that the next season will be differrent,but im sick and tired of the same outcome every season.Sometimes i get the feeling if Messi,Rooney,Iniesta,Lampard,Gerrard and Ronaldo played for Cov and we had Fergie as boss,we would still struggle.We have signed some decent players over the past few seasons,but WHY are we served up the same tosh every season.

I get a bit confused about the squad we have already. There seems to be an awful lot of the squad playing out of position: Cranie (left back), Eastwood (Just about everywhere except central striker), Sears (wide), Stead (target man).
Maybe we don't need more quality - just a bigger squad to fill the gaps to cope with injuries.
For example, I watched city at Posh earlier this season - Hall had an outstanding game and I am sure he could have coped while Hussey gets the experience he needs next season. With Cranie and Jordan Clarke on the right, we would have a fairly good back line.
Always build from the back! (Brian Clough I think?)

smileycov

Facebook User
realisticaly, we just have to wait and see. RR never lets on how much we have to spend, which is clever but it isn't 30-40 mill so why be so secretive haha. i trust them though and the jan signings do look good. lets hope we get 1/2 crackers and the squad starts to play consistently well instead of a short purple patch!! a good start may help to release further funding!

charlie austin charlie austin charlie austin :)
no more than a mill hed cost surely.
id be happy if in august our four strikers..were eastwood morrison austin and hooper... no...infact id be overly happy..
but cant see it happening unfortunatly.

smileycov

Facebook User
charlie austin charlie austin charlie austin :)
no more than a mill hed cost surely.
id be happy if in august our four strikers..were eastwood morrison austin and hooper... no...infact id be overly happy..
but cant see it happening unfortunatly.
who does charlie austin play for again?

smileycov

Facebook User
He plays for Swindon
nice one Nick,
i am back in London next weekend with my mates who are Millwall fans, (playing swindon last game) whether they get promoted or miss out, they WILL be on the pitch! shall i have a word with Mr Austin, ask him to fire our promotion push next year haha

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Chris Colemans talking about getting new players in before pre-season next season.Thats what hes said on cov telegraph site anyway.In the same article he also mentions the friendlys with Games against Hinckley and Nuneaton confirmed and games against Walsall,Northampton and a tour of Scotland lined up.He also says about possible friendlys abroad,and i quote "THE TROUBLE WITH ONES ABROAD IS THAT THEY COST MONEY AND WE ARE NOT IN A POSITION FOR THAT AT THE MINUTE" I think the figures of 4-5-6 million pounds to spend in the summer can surely be put to bed now.Would be nice but dont think its gonna happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

RytonCalum

Well im personally looking forwards to another Jackson Grundy Cup Final. The last 10 minutes last year were great, and its always nice to start the season with a bit of silverware ;)

percie

Hooper is a player who would shine at City, thing is we need to get rid of Eastwood imo to free up funds.

I hear that Iwelumo from Wolves is avalible either on loan or permanent.

Nick

Administrator
I think we should keep Eastwood. With a decent partner and a good run in the team he will do the job.

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
He was watched by Celtic for a second time at the weekend, and looks even more likely to be heading their way.

Users who are viewing this thread