Gareth Barry - out? (1 Viewer)

scroobiustom

Harsh to say perhaps but this news has really filled me with confidence about England in a few weeks.

The guy is the most negative player in the squad! Parker is more defensive and still has more flair - imo we don't need both and I'd sooner take another striker.

Barry's performance last night (*albeit brief) began with him getting roasted by a nobody, committing a foul (which he got away) and then was marked by shocking pass after shocking pass - Please don't let me be the only person who has noticed this!?

Marty

Barry hasn't got the legs for international football, hes not a bad player, just simply not an international footballer. I'd prefer Barry to Henderson though.

scroobiustom

If the only alternative to Barry is Hendo, we are seriously in trouble!

England has numerous options in centre mid, Barton for example :p

Otis

I wouldn't be too unhappy if Barry wasn't going ... if it were to be someone other than Henderson to replace him.

Could Hodgson not risk losing Barry and giving a place to Adam Johnson? I know he's not a central midfield player but Milner can play there.

To my mind, Barry, Downing and Henderson are not good enough for international football.

Marty

Adam Johnson is a cracking player. I'm not sure hes played enough this season to warrant a place in the squad though. I would take him ahead of Downing, Henderson & Barry though,

Yorkshire SB

Harsh on Barry, very under rated player in my opinion. There's a reason he was one of a minority that played virtually every game in a premier league winning side.

Otis

He's not a bad player. Not international class though and some of his sloppy passing is truly dreadful.

wingy

He's just not as hungry anymore ,when he broke through from villa he was immense ,his passing used to be so accurate and inventive and he'd take a potshot now and again,but he's made the gravy train of international success and club football at MC,of course he may have been asked to play that role combining with Lampard ,Gerrard.

Sky Blue Kid

Last night Barry was as useless as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest...He was dire.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Otis

He's had a good career though.

At one time he proved so popular Wales named an island after him.

mark82

Adam Johnson is a cracking player. I'm not sure hes played enough this season to warrant a place in the squad though. I would take him ahead of Downing, Henderson & Barry though,

Played 40+ games. Not started many but still a million times the player Downing is.

Users who are viewing this thread