Game vs Walsall (1 Viewer)

Littlewood CCFC

Morning all,

Just wondering if anyone knows the state of the pitch at Shitfields and if there's any indication of the game being postponed tomorrow?

Tommo72

Wet...

Does that help? ;0)

Joking aside, be amazed if it 's on. The pitch looked fucked on Tuesday and more rain for Northampton today.

skybluelee

The forecast is for heavy rain for about 12 hrs today.

Hopefully it will be off so that everyone is fresh for Tuesday (not least because i am going) and the new players have had chance to bed in.

ecky

There is an excellent pitch just off the M6 J3?
Low rent other clubs recommend it aswell, probably the best pitch in the UK

covmark

The forecast is for heavy rain for about 12 hrs today.

Hopefully it will be off so that everyone is fresh for Tuesday (not least because i am going) and the new players have had chance to bed in.

Yep weather is supposed to be rough today. Think it will be postponed.

Otis

Don't wish to sound mean, but the more of a problem Sixfields becomes the better.

Personally, I hope a stand falls down, the food malls suffer a rat infestation, a wormhole appears in the centre circle and a tornado rips up the pitch and scatters every blade of grass across the length and breadth of Northamptonshire.

I also hope a thick pea souper of a fog descends over Northampton and inexplicably remains for 3 months making all gams unplayable.

Besides that I wish it no ill whatsoever.

italiahorse

Don't wish to sound mean, but the more of a problem Sixfields becomes the better.

Personally, I hope a stand falls down, the food malls suffer a rat infestation, a wormhole appears in the centre circle and a tornado rips up the pitch and scatters every blade of grass across the length and breadth of Northamptonshire.

I also hope a thick pea souper of a fog descends over Northampton and inexplicably remains for 3 months making all gams unplayable.

Plague of locusts ? Famine ?

SkyBlueScottie

I think there was a picture of it on the Telegraph taken yesterday afternoon, basically the picture showed there was standing water on the pitch, I think they would struggle to play the game even if it didnt rain today.

To echo earlier sentiments I hope playing at 6 fields does become uncomfortable for the club, so far they have been made to feel very welcome and the board members can site very happily watching the game without the fear of an intimidating crowd, there are no protests whatsoever.

Also an abandonment also gives the new squad members a bit more training time and it also brings us closer to the return of Wilson.

harvey098

This is probably a ridiculous idea but I've never understood why they don't cover pitches with buckets and deposit the water away from the pitch.

steveo1987

Not until after my lad has done his mascot duties tomorrow otis.

italiahorse

This is probably a ridiculous idea but I've never understood why they don't cover pitches with buckets and deposit the water away from the pitch.

Ridiculous idea. Have you calculated the number of buckets?

One big bucket the size of the pitch would be a better idea :thinking about:

magic82ball

Your right. Its ridiculous.

_brian_

If they were Sisu owned buckets, they'd probably have holes in them, mate!!! Or no handles!!! Or would be on loan from Aston Villa! LOL!!! Love it!!!

King of the Lesbians

I think it should be okay as the rain in Northampton seems to be going horizontal at the moment so probably isn't hitting the pitch.
It the wind drops, it's off...

runner

Can't see this game being on ... despite the official website not saying anything other than it's on tomorrow currently ... it was looking appalling 2 days ago and today's lovely climes aren't going to help now are they !

torchomatic

I think a postponement would do us some good. Give SP a chance to work with the new players.

Pitch looks fine to me Torch, at least in the goalmouths

Users who are viewing this thread